Chapter 68 Time's up

"What about the underground? What happened to it for it to be dangerous?" Chara was anxious I could tell to find out anything that would give her an answer to fixing the timeline she and Frisk lost. I replied with as much of a good answer as I could, but it was never gonna be a good enough answer, "the underground, and this timeline, are breaking apart, just like your timeline was, but this one isn't going to just erase itself, it's clinging onto other time lines, melding with them, friendly monsters could change into unfriendly ones from other time lines, what you choose to do when that happens, is all up to you to decide, now you two should get going, your journey is about to begin again." I ushered them both out of the room, telling them not to worry about their class, there's nothing they could do to save the school anyways.

Frisk & Chara

We made it outside the school, the area was eerily quiet, no dogs barking no cars nothing but silence other than our footsteps, we turned around to look towards the school building once more but it was completely gone, as though it had never been there before in the first place. Mt Ebott loomed over us in the distance and we started to walk towards it, as we walked, buildings on the surface behind us started to disappear, it was different how the previous timeline broke apart, we finally made it to the bottom of Mt. Ebott, it was going to take us at least a day or two to climb it, so we rested in a cave near the bottom to save and store our energy.

Chara

"Frisk, Frisk wake up!" I shook Frisk who was sleeping soundly, she wouldn't budge so I found some water and splashed it in her face, she woke up immediately, "Chara... Why did you do that? Now my shirts all wet and Snowdin is really cold.." I rolled my eyes and ran out to the edge of the cave pointing down, "that's the least of our problems, Mt. Ebott is disappearing!"

Frisk

"What?!" I ran to the edge of the cave and looked down, Chara was right, the trail we had taken and the lower half of Mt. Ebott was almost gone, Chara looked at me and I nodded, we quickly headed up what was left of the rest of the trail up Mt. Ebott, no more time to rest, the surface was gone and we were running out of time.

Third Person

They both climbed up Mt. Ebott as fast as they could, trees, rocks, and wind deterred them here and there, the quickly disappearing mountain seemed impossible to climb in time, but they stayed determined, Chara made it to the top first, she reached for Frisk's hand and helped her up, they both caught their breath for a bit before looking down the entrance to the underground, "ready?" They both held hands and jumped.

Things are gonna get interesting the next chapter I'm sure °^° thanks for reading lol i hope you enjoyed vote and comment! -Tenjo