Chapter 31 Awakening

Third Person

Chara shook her head, "not that I know of, I tried a lot of things when I learned who flowey was, but maybe love will change him back, after we break the barrier we can bring him with us, to the surface." Toriel nodded but was frowning, they continued their journey after saying their goodbyes to Monster Kid and continued past the bridge and through a cave into Hotlands, Sans thought of something and quickly grabbed Chara's hand and had her follow him.

"Sans where are we going? It better not be your stand, I hate that place" she said, Sans chuckled "nah dog, that'd be a hot mess." She giggled at the pun, but was still confused where he was taking her but followed along anyways, he stopped in front of a large door, and knocked on it, moments later a small yellow lizard walked out and froze at the sight of her "c-c-Chara!? S-sans!? W-what are you both doing here? W-why is she here? W-what's going on?" She was freaking out pretty bad until Sans spoke up "Alphys I told you, she's changed, she even broke her fight button, we're even dating right now, we're on our way to break the barrier, but Frisk could wake up at any moment, have you finished preparing that machine yet?" Alphys nodded and led them inside through hallways and corridors and down an elevator into a strange room full of all kinds of computers large containers, tubes lying around everywhere, "Sans? What are we doing here?" Chara asked with a little tension in her voice, Sans smiled and replied "I asked Dr Alphys to find a way to return you to your original body, so that when Frisk wakes up, you.. Won't disappear on me" his smile faded after he said that and he looked down.

Chara frowned then smiled at him, "I would never disappear, and I'm happy you did this, but.. Why didn't you tell me sooner, and.. When
did you set this up?" She said with a confused look on her face. Sans chuckled and smiled "I actually had this set up when you first started showing signs of change, before I fell for you, that is heh" he says with a tinge of blue on his face "OTP!" Shouts Alphys excitedly, receiving confused looks from both Chara and Sans, she let's it go and has Chara lay on a table that closes up and she stares up at Sans through the glass and smiles knowing she'll be alright, till she feels something, Frisk was awakening. Frisk opened her eyes and smiled, she was in control again, and she was determined to keep it that way.

Sans and Alphys hadn't noticed the change in Chara's behavior and were getting the machine ready to go when they heard a loud CRASH they rushed out to see the table was broken apart and Chara was nowhere to be seen, Sans looked everywhere but couldn't find her "Chara!? Where are you!?" He yelled, Frisk stepped out, "I'm not Chara!"

A cliffhanger, and a twist, I'm just evil aren't I? I hope you enjoyed, vote and comment!  -Tenjo