Chapter 37 OH YES!

Third Person

Flowey looked at Sans, his eye was a furious blazing blue, he gulped and spoke quickly. "Chara is in MTT Resort, Frisk is gonna have her face Mettaton in her place, I don't know what she's gonna do, and I don't know why but I want to help you guys, she's probably already being taken to one of Mettaton's sets already, so we should hurry.." Sans released Flowey and ran back to the lab, when he arrived he found Alphys and the others, he explained what happened and where Chara was, Toriel looked solemn when she found out that Frisk was to blame for Chara's disappearance. "OHHHH YES!!! WELCOME, BEAUTIES, TO THE UNDERGROUND'S PREMIER COOKING SHOW!!! PRE-HEAT YOUR OVENS, BECAUSE WE'VE GOT A VERY SPECIAL RECIPE FOR YOU TODAY! WE'RE GOING TO BE MAKING... A CAKE! MY LOVELY ASSISTANT HERE WILL GATHER THE INGREDIENTS. EVERYONE GIVE THEM A BIG HAND!!! WE'LL NEED SUGAR, MILK, AND EGGS. GO FOR IT, SWEETHEART!" Chara groaned and knew she had to follow along or she'd be stuck here for who knows how long, she knew how dangerous this robot could be on the genocide route and was glad that it was only the pacifist route, but she was still worried, she'd never had to fight in her own body before. Sans and the others ran to the resort and pushed away all the staff members while alphys tried to get into contact with Chara from the lab. "Chara it's me, Alphys! Can you hear me?" No response "frisk must have taken her cellphone.." Chara checked the fridge and found eggs milk and the sugar, to which Mettaton demanded a round of applause from the audience. "PERFECT! GREAT JOB, BEAUTIFUL! WE'VE GOT ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO BAKE THE CAKE! MILK... SUGAR... EGGS... ... OH MY! WAIT A MAGNIFICENT MOMENT! HOW COULD I FORGET!!! WE'RE MISSING THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT! A HUMAN SOUL!!!" Just then, Alphys calls in and makes it through to the show, "W-wait a second!!! Couldn't you make a... Couldn't you use a... Couldn't you make a substitution in the recipe?!" Alphys explains to Mettaton over the live phone call how someone could be vegan. "THAT'S A BRILLIANT IDEA, ALPHYS!! ACTUALLY, I HAPPEN TO HAVE AN OPTION RIGHT HERE!!! MTT-BRAND ALWAYS-CONVENIENT HUMAN-SOUL-FLAVOR-SUBSTITUTE! A CAN OF WHICH... IS JUST OVER ON THAT COUNTER!!! WELL, DARLING? WHY DON'T YOU GO GET IT?" Chara groans and nods before walking to the right where the can should be when all of a sudden the pillar holding the can rises into the sky. Chara frowns, "there's no way I can get up there without my cellphone." Mettaton sees the dilemma and hadn't yet started the timer and hands Chara her cellphone which he'd snuck off of Frisk's person before starting the show. "BY THE WAY, OUR SHOW RUNS ON A STRICT SCHEDULE. IF YOU CAN'T GET THE CAN IN THE NEXT ONE MINUTE... WE'LL JUST HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL PLAN!!! SO... BETTER START CLIMBING, BEAUTIFUL!!!" A timer starts and Chara activates the jetpack function on her cellphone and manages to grab the can before the time runs out but her hp is 1/20 and she was covered in pie and flour. "Sans.. Where are you..?" Chara pleaded, she wasn't having an easy time of dodging, her body still wasn't ready for all of this. "MY MY. IT SEEMS YOU'VE BESTED ME. BUT ONLY BECAUSE YOU HAD THE HELP OF THE BRILLIANT DOCTOR ALPHYS! OH, I LOATHE TO THINK OF WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU WITHOUT HER!!! WELL, TOODLES!! OH YES! ABOUT THE SUBSTITUTION... HAVEN'T YOU EVER SEEN A COOKING SHOW BEFORE? I ALREADY BAKED THE CAKE AHEAD OF TIME!!!!! SO FORGET IT!!!" Chara facepalmed and slowly walked to the next area where Mettaton once again awaited her. "OHHHHHH YESSS!!! GOOD EVENING, BEAUTIES AND GENTLEBEAUTIES! THIS IS METTATON, REPORTING LIVE FROM MTT NEWS! AN INTERESTING SITUATION HAS ARISEN IN EASTERN HOTLAND! FORTUNATELY, OUR CORRESPONDENT IS OUT THERE, REPORTING LIVE! BRAVE CORRESPONDENT! PLEASE FIND SOMETHING NEWSWORTHY TO REPORT! OUR TEN WONDERFUL VIEWERS ARE WAITING FOR YOU!!"
Chara searches around ignoring the robots constant plague of taletelling finding a basketball, a dog, a glass of water, a present, and a video game. "OH MY! IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IN THIS AREA IS ACTUALLY A BOMB!BRAVE CORRESPONDENT... IF YOU DON'T DEFUSE ALL OF THE BOMBS... THIS BIG BOMB WILL BLOW YOU TO SMITHEREENS IN 2 MINUTES! THEN YOU WON'T BE REPORTING "LIVE" ANY LONGER! HOW TERRIBLE! HOW DISTURBING! OUR NINE VIEWERS ARE GOING TO LOVE WATCHING THIS! GOOD LUCK, DARLING!!" Chara defuses all of the bombs with little trouble after having watched Frisk do this tons of times before. "WELL DONE, DARLING! YOU'VE DEACTIVATED ALL OF THE BOMBS! IF YOU DIDN'T DEACTIVATE THEM, THE BIG BOMB WOULD HAVE EXPLODED IN TWO MINUTES. NOW IT WON'T EXPLODE IN TWO MINUTES! INSTEAD IT'll EXPLODE IN TWO SECONDS! GOODBYE, DARLING! AH. IT SEEMS THE BOMB ISN'T GOING OFF. CURSES! IT SEEMS I'VE BEEN FOILED AGAIN! CURSE YOU, HUMAN! CURSE YOU, DR. ALPHYS, FOR HELPING SO MUCH! BUT I DON'T CURSE MY EIGHT WONDERFUL VIEWERS FOR TUNING IN!!! UNTIL NEXT TIME, DARLING!" Chara was getting annoyed, easily got past the next puzzle and flips Mettaton's switch. "OH YES!" Mettaton EX appaears and the ratings sky rocket! Chara facepalms and prepares for an annoying battle.

Cliffhanger yep, sorry hope you enjoyed! Vote and comment! -Tenjo