Chapter 6 Nightmares & Memories

Third Person

Chara opened her eyes she wasn't in Sans's room but in the ruins again she figured that somehow things had reset, then a voice called out to her "hey! Are you alright? You fell from above, right? Don't be scared, I'm not gonna hurt you, here" he handed her a buttercup flower, this all seemed so familiar but everything was distorted "my name's distorted what's yours?" Chara didn't respond he grabbed her hand and walked towards a castle with her.

time skip to castle

They walked through a hall when two more distorted figures approached her "my child, welcome back, who's this you've brought with you distorted?" "She won't tell me her name,  I found her in the flowers I think she fell from above mom" he responded "oh, you must be a human then, my name is Toriel, and this is Asgore,  and you've already met our son distorted, why don't you two go play and I'll make a cinnamon butterscotch pie for all of us" Chara was panicking at this point these memories were hauntingly familiar she screamed "NO!" Running as fast as she could away from them back to the flower field, she tripped and fell into a puddle, and looking down she saw her reflection, it wasn't distorted like everyone else, it was her, from years ago, before she died. How did she die again...? Chara pondered this for awhile till she passed out on the flower bed, she woke up in his arms, he was carrying her to.. Her village? All of a sudden an arrow pierced his shoulder then more came hitting him multiple times, he was scared, Chara felt nothing but anger and sadness, she screamed at the villagers but all she saw was more distorted faces, she woke up screaming the only name that came to mind "ASRIEL!!!"

She was sweating bad she remembered everything including why she did what she did with each reset she forgot more and more eventually only remembering the genocide runs with the humans who fell to the underground now she felt something new regret she walked to the bathroom and took a shower changing her clothes and wiping the sweat away she walked out to be face to face with Sans he just stood there for a moment Chara didn't give him a chance to speak she side stepped and ran for Sans's room closing the door behind her and sat in the corner, her mind going a thousand miles a minute "how can I tell everyone I'm sorry, will they ever forgive me, will I ever see Asriel again,  how am I gonna face mom" these questions rang through her head loudly until she heard a knock at the door

"C-come in" she said still immersed in her thoughts she hadn't realised she had stuttered, did Chara just stutter? Sans pondered but shook it off, he opened the door and saw Chara in the corner deep in thought he walked over and sat on the corner of his bed and looked at her "I'm sorry" she quietly said Sans looked at her with a confused look not believing what he thinks he just heard "I-i'm sorry... " she said looking up at him with sadness her eyes were still red so it wasn't Frisk Sans couldn't believe this, Chara was telling the truth he could see it in her eyes "hey,  uh,  what's gotten into you kid?  You sure you mean that?" He questioned still very confused

Tears started to form in her eyes as she stared at him Sans felt something was different he decided to ask her now "hey Chara what happened in your past that caused all this genocide?" Tears fell like a waterfall from her eyes when he asked her that,  she explained what had happened to her and Asriel how they had accidentally poisoned Asgore how she was to blame for the barrier, everything.

Sans was shocked to say the least he looked at her and no longer felt anger but pity he now understood why she had done the things she did he hugged her "Sans is sparing you" the words listed above them she hugged him back tears still falling to the floor she stopped abruptly and turned away then asked "Sans how can you forgive me, I'm a monster I killed so many, erased so many timelines,  I hurt you,  and I hurt frisk I hurt everyone.. So how..  How can you forgive me?" He looked at her then said "kid,  I don't know what happened to you, but you're definitely not evil, overtaken by anger you were corrupted by your own determination to take vengeance on the humans that you lost sight of what truly matters, I can forgive you because I understand what you've gone through now, and everything is fine now, this timeline is safe and you somehow saved yourself"

Chara turned around and tackled him crying into his jacket I'm so sorry she said over and over "heh, it's okay kiddo, how about we go to Tori's after we eat breakfast?" She nodded then got up and went downstairs they ate breakfast and headed to the ruins they knocked on the door no answer Chara yelled out "Mom!" The door opened and Toriel stood there looking at the both of them a big smile on her face she hugged them and pulled them inside the ruins they ate some butterscotch cinnamon pie as Chara told Toriel what had caused her to regain her memories Toriel was shocked and started to cry she explained that she had not known all that happened until now when Asriel had brought her back he was already dust and she was already dead and they had made her a grave of flowers in the ruins which she attended daily.

"Welp I'm gonna go to grillby's I'll be back soon" Sans said before he teleported away

Things were looking better and Sans knew he could trust Chara

1,000 words exactly alright!  Hope you all enjoy this,  I worked hard on this XD but not every chapter will be one thousand words thankfully ^^