i'm sorry

Blake's POV-

I messaged Emma and told her I had an appointment with another doctor and wouldn't be home for a while. She was a little upset that I was cancelling the breakfast plans that I made, but ultimately understood that I needed to do this today.

I had a few hours before the next appointment so I went to the practice center with Jason. I wasn't excited to give the news to Doc or the team, but thought seeing them would make me feel a little better.

"Blake! My boy!" DJ shouted when he saw me making my way inside, "What're you doing here?" He finished as he walked up to me.

"I just got done at a doctor appointment, but I have another one in an hour so I thought I'd stop by before we head there."

"What news did you get? Good news?" DJ asked trying his best to sound hopeful.

"Uh.." I wasn't sure how to tell him, I paused for a second before replying and he knew something was up.

"Just tell me, man."

"I can't play the rest of the season, I injured some plate in my toe." I sighed, looking down at the floor, "the doc is sending me to a foot specialist to make sure, but he was pretty confident that's what it is."

"Damn." DJ sighed, "I'm sorry, Blake. I don't know why this shit always has to happen to you."

"It's alright, I guess."

"Blake, you ready to head out?" Jason asked walking up behind me.

"For sure." I replied to him before looking back at DJ, "would you tell the rest of the guys for me? And tell Doc I'll call him after my next appointment?"

"Of course." DJ answered, "text me when you're done."

.....

After sitting in another doctor's office and taking more x-rays, the second doctor confirmed what the first had told me.

"I'm sorry to tell you this Blake, but you basically tore the group of tendons and ligaments in the ball of your foot at the bottom of your right, big toe. This tear is really serious for basketball players, as you've probably noticed, you can't run or jump or use the ball of your foot in anyway." The doctor sighed, knowing how hard this was for me to hear, "you're going to need surgery and it'll take about 4-5 months for you to fully recover."

I didn't say anything, I just shook my head. What was I supposed to say in this situation? My heart was breaking and I couldn't stop beating myself up.

"When can I get the surgery? And who do I go to for that?" I asked him.

"I can set you up with the best guy I know but, he's located in Charolette, if you're okay with traveling that far?"

"Of course. I just want it done as soon as possible and by the best."

"I'll go give him a call now and see when the soonest date he has available is, okay?"

I shook my head as he walked out of the room.

I was quiet and so was Jason while we waited, I didn't pull out my phone or do anything, I just sat there with a million thoughts running through my head.

"Okay, Blake.." The doctor said walking back in, "the best Dr. Anderson can do is a few days from now on the April 30th, will that work?"

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"Great. I'll give you his contact information and then I'll wrap your foot for you and you can be on your way!"

.....

Emma's POV-

I was sitting in the kitchen eating a bowl full of cereal when I heard someone come in the door.

"Blake?" I shouted.

"Hey, Babe." I heard him reply.

I ran out to the front door and noticed how red his face was and how tired he looked.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I asked as he draped his arm over my shoulder and we walked towards the couch.

"I'm out for the rest of the season, Emma. I injured some plate in my toe and I have to go to North Carolina to have a surgery done on the 30th."

"I'm so sorry, baby

"I'm so sorry, baby." I replied, trying not to cry and wrapping my arms around him.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Yes. Today was hard enough without you there." He sighed, "I'm sorry I can't be your strong, tough, guy right now. I hate that you're seeing me like this."

"Oh, stop it." I laughed, "you're always going to be big, strong, Blake. This is just a little bump that'll make you stronger." I kissed his forehead.

"You always know exactly what to say." He smiled, before pausing, "Wait, will you be able to go? Don't you have finals?" He asked, looking disappointed.

"Nope. I'll be done in a few days, I asked my professors if I could take them a few days early and they all agreed." I smiled at him, "and I have good news."

"What?!" Blake looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"My graduation date isn't until the first week of May, so you won't have to miss that."

"Good. I have to be able to watch you walk across that stage and stand up and cheer for my baby." He smiled at me.

"I love you, Blake. You're gonna get through this I promise."

-this chapter is just a filler and boring, i know but i'll update with a better chapter tomorrow!!