away

I went home that day with a smile on my face, knowing that things were okay again and I could talk to Blake and be happy and not worry about him with other people. No, we weren't dating, but I trusted him because of the things he said about me.

iMessage

Tuesday 7:04pm

Blake: hey babygirl, i know this is last minute but we have an away game thursday in portland, i want you to come

Emma: i don't know blake, don't you think it's too soon? And i don't think i'd be able to afford to get up there

Blake: i'll pay for your plane tickets and get you from the airport, i want you to stay with me, i want to show you off, come on beautiful

Emma: let me think about it okay? I'll text you in a bit

Of course I wanted to go, who wouldn't? Plus, Blake was going to buy my plane tickets and I'd get to stay in a hotel room with him, which sounded absolutely perfect. But, part of me kept thinking that things were moving too fast, I've always been one to take relationships slow and maybe I needed a change, so, why not?

Emma: i guess since you want me soo bad, i'll go to portland

Blake: Beautiful. Really?

Emma: of course, just tell me when to be ready tomorrow

Blake: the team is leaving around 11, i'll get your flight a little after that so i'll be there to pick you up

Emma: sounds good :)

...

I had never liked flying by myself, but this flight was pretty short, about 2 hours and I was by a window seat, so I was happy. I couldn't stop thinking about Blake, which did help take my mind off of everything bad I was thinking about this plane.

We landed and I grabbed my bags from the overhead and turned my phone back on, I had 7 unread messages, all from, guess who?

iMessage

Blake: you're on your way to see me

Blake: i'm so excited

Blake: beautiful

Blake: only an hour left of your flight!!

Blake: the screen at the airport says you're landing now

Blake: i can't wait to kiss you

Blake: i see your plane beautiful, hurry!!

He was so sweet, I always loved Blake's personality from what I saw when he played and did interviews, etc., but when you get to know him personally, he really is a big sweetheart and even though we've only known each other for about 2 weeks, he could always make me smile.

I was walking towards a large group of people who were all waiting for someone, but it wasn't hard to miss Blake, his 6'10 figure stood out compared to everyone else there. When he saw me he moved through the group of people and picked me up, hugging me and spinning me around. My heart was happy.

"How was your flight?" he said as we were walking towards the doors.

"Good. I don't like flying by myself but it was okay."

"Good."

We walked outside and ran into DJ and Chris.

"Emma! I've missed your face around here." DJ shouted.

"Oh shut up DJ, you just saw her the other day." Chris shot back.

Laughing, I replied with, "I missed you guys too."

We all got into a black SUV and rode to the hotel.

"Blake, does Doc know she's here? You know he's not always happy when girls are around, he thinks they're a distraction." I heard Chris ask Blake.

"Don't worry about it. He won't freak out, if anything she calms me down before games, she's not a distraction."

I smiled and DJ nudged my arm, smiling at me, he knew I heard what Blake said.

...

I don't know why they always stayed in really nice hotels, but oh my gosh, this hotel was beautiful. Us 4 got there after the rest of the team, so no one was worried about me running into Doc. I felt kind of bad sneaking around and knew I would probably run into him eventually, but I was just happy to be with Blake, and have things back to the way they were when we met.

It was starting to get later in the evening and Doc wanted the players to start getting ready to sleep and relax, so Blake took me up to his room.

"I'm gonna shower beautiful." He looked at me seductively and walked towards the bathroom. As badly as I wanted to follow him, I knew I wasn't ready for something like that yet, and I hoped he understood.

I laid in the bed watching the tv and messing around on my phone, and I dozed off before I heard Blake get out of the shower.

I woke up an hour later with a shirtless Blake laying next to me and my heart stopped, but in a good way.

"Good morning beautiful." Blake joked.

"How long was I asleep? I'm sorry

"How long was I asleep? I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I've never seen you sleep before it was cute."

It was around 8 o'clock now and I knew Blake had to get up early for practice, so even though he was watching a movie on the tv, I still asked him,

"Shouldn't you be getting ready to sleep soon?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to be awake if you woke up. We can go to sleep now if you want."

He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him, my head was on his chest and his body was still faintly wet from his shower. He shut the lights off and I could feel his breath behind my ear, he kissed my forehead and my cheek and made his way down to my neck, but came back up to softly kiss my lips. I definitely knew where he wanted this to go and I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it, too. But I couldn't move that fast into a relationship. Blake was back on my neck, kissing me all over and I was enjoying it but I had to stop him.

"Blake, wait." I whispered.

"Yeah babygirl."

"I don't think I'm ready for this yet."

He sat up and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"That's okay beautiful, we'll wait then."

"Thank you Blake."

"Of course, come here and get in my arms at least."

I smiled and jokingly said, "your wish is my command."

Blake laughed and kissed my forehead and we fell asleep like that, my head on his chest and his arms around me. I don't remember a time when I had felt this happy. Blake made me happy.

-ok I wrote this at like 2 in the morning so if it's messy and different I'm sorry, but I kinda liked it. Does anybody have any tips for where this should go next? I'll update in a couple days, I've got some stuff going on :(