instagram

Blakes POV-

I hopped into the car, not wanting to leave Emma or Ford. I kept thinking to myself how badly I wanted to be there to take care of her. I loved going to these volunteer things for the team, but I wanted to skip practice and get through everything quickly.

I pulled up to the practice center and it looked like everyone else was already there. I grabbed my things and hurried inside.

"Blake, you're almost late." Doc said knowing it was me without even turning around.

"I'm sorry, coach. It was a long morning."

"Just change into your practice gear and hurry back out here."

.....

Halfway through practice Doc let us rest for a little bit and I caught up with Chris and DJ.

"What's up man? We haven't talked in awhile!" Chris said, lightly hitting my shoulder.

"Yeah bro, it's been awhile." DJ followed, "how's everything going?"

"It's okay. Emma's back at the house with Ford. I just wish I was with them."

"I hear ya man, Jada is at home with the kids, too. It sucked leaving them today, I feel like we haven't spent that much time together lately."

DJ looked at us both and laughed, "you two crack me up, but man, I can't wait for the day I feel that way towards someone. I just don't think it'll be anytime soon."

All three of us laughed, Doc called for Chris, so me and DJ sat down and started talking.

"Is Emma okay? I heard about the car accident. Are you guys okay?" He asked.

"Emma's fine. She's still in a lot of pain and has a fracture but she'll be okay in a few weeks. I don't know if we're okay though, man. She's only been back at the house with me for a day and it feels like nothing ever went wrong. But I can see it in her eyes she's still hurt. She still says I love you, but I know she's hiding how hurt she is."

"You two just need to talk. About everything. I'm sorry if I added to any of the problems. It was just a weird night. You guys will figure everything out though. It's so easy to see how much you love each other."

Before I could ask him what he meant by "sorry if I added to the problems," Doc called us all back over and we started up again.

.....

Once practice was over and I took a quick shower, I had to do a short post practice interview with all the media people. (Yay).

I walked out into the room of 20 or so people all in suits, holding tape recorders or microphones up to my face, dreading the questions they were about to ask.

They asked about the losses, how I was improving, they asked about my 3 point shot and if I thought we could get back on track before the playoffs arrived. I swear I gave the same generic answer each time they asked, but for some reason at all of these things they kept asking the same questions.

Time was just about up when someone asked about Ford.

"How's Ford doing? We love seeing him at post game conferences with you. He surely lights up the room sometimes." There was a unified giggle between all 20 of them.

"He's good," I answered. "He's back at the house with, uh -." I stopped myself before mentioning Emma, which caused them to all get even more excited.

"With who?" "Blake, who's Ford with?" "Is Brynn living with you?"

The questions were too much and I didn't want any rumors started. It took me a second to decide how I wanted to handle what I got myself into.

"No. Brynn does not live with me. He's at home with Emma."