pancakes

I had a hard time sleeping. I would wake up every once in awhile, because of the pain in my neck and my leg, but every time I woke up and moved around I felt Blake's arm around me and it made everything a little better.

.....

The next morning I woke up before Blake. I didn't end up sleeping much and didn't feel like doing much today.

After about 20 minutes of staring at the ceiling, I heard Blake start to move around. He leaned over and kissed my forehead, "good morning beautiful. Did you sleep okay?"

"Not really. I woke up a lot from the pain. I'm still pretty tired but it's hard to sleep, maybe I can take a nap later after I take some of the pain medication."

"I'm sorry, babe." He said checking his phone, pausing for a second. "Of course." He said sarcastically, still looking at his phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just Brynn. It's like she always asks me to take Ford on days she knows I'm busy to make me look bad."

"What do you have going on today?" I asked, since he hadn't mentioned anything to me.

"I have practice today and a volunteer thing with a couple guys from the team. It'll only take a few hours."

"Just let Ford stay with me if it won't be too long. We can have a movie day, as long as she can maybe feed him before he comes over, since I can't do much." I laughed a little bit, but Blake didn't.

"I just feel bad leaving him here, you're supposed to be resting, you shouldn't have to watch him too."

"Blake it's okay, I promise. How long will you be gone? Maybe 5 hours? We could literally watch 2 movies and eat snacks and you'd be home."

"You're right, I'll tell Brynn to drop him off here. Just promise you'll call if you need anything, or he isn't behaving?"

"Of course, dork. He's never caused any problems with me, I doubt he would today." I leaned over and wrapped my arms around him. He let out a sigh, "thank you."

I sat up with my back against the headboard while Blake was in the closet picking out his outfit for the day. He walked back out and set his clothes on the end of the bed. I was "on my phone" while he was changing, but he knew I was paying attention to his movements. But how could I not watch? The way his body and muscles moved was too much to look away from. He turned his back towards me and pulled his plain, white t-shirt over his head and I watched as his back muscles flexed. He bent over slightly and pulled a pair of grey joggers on that fit him in all the right places.

 He bent over slightly and pulled a pair of grey joggers on that fit him in all the right places

He turned around to say something and I jolted my eyes from his body back to my twitter feed.

"Why're you so obsessed with me?" He said to me, laughing.

I smiled and threw one of the pillows at him, "oh, shut up!" We both laughed and he walked over to me, kissing my forehead again.

"Do you want me to help you downstairs so you can eat some breakfast?"

"Yes, please." I said, dragging out the "ease" and smiling like a little girl.

"How are you so cute?" He said while scooping me up into his arms and walking out of the room. "Can we talk later today? When I get back and Ford is gone?"

I shook my head, I didn't want to bring up everything that had happened again, but knew we needed to.

"I know everything seems fine now, but we can't just keep pretending it never happened."

I shook my head again, "I agree with you." I said as he sat me down on one of the stools  next to his kitchen island.

My mind started replaying that night everything went wrong, I lowered my head and started to feel sad and Blake noticed.

"Baby. What do you want to eat? I'll make you something, how about pancakes? I make a mean pancake."

I looked up, laughing at how sweet he was to me.

"Pancakes sound good. But, you have to make sure they're perfect now."

While he was making breakfast we just had little conversations here and there about random things, knowing we couldn't have any deep conversations until we figured out what exactly was going on between us.

.....

We were just about finished eating when we heard a knock at the door.

"I got it, don't worry crippled, you can stay and eat your pancakes." Blake said, smiling at me.

I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed as he walked away.

I was excited to spend the day with Ford, I loved spending time with him. He always put a smile on my face, but I was feeling selfish and just wanted to be able to spend the day with Blake and figure us out. I enjoyed being with him, but not knowing where we stood was killing me.

I heard little footsteps running on the hardwood floor towards me, "Emma! Emma!" Ford yelled towards me.

"Hey little dude! How are you?" I said excitedly, because he had already put a smile on my face.

"I'm okay. Daddy said you're hurt and I can't hug you." He replied with a pouting face.

"You can hug me, silly. You just have to be careful!"

He crawled up on the stool next to me and leaned over, wrapping his little arms around my neck and then kissing my cheek.

"Daddy always kisses my owies when I'm hurt and it makes them feel better. So maybe my kiss will make you feel better."

My heart was melting.

Blake walked back into the kitchen with the rest of Ford's things.

"Ready to go upstairs?" He asked both of us.

Without answer ford grabbed his backpack and started to run towards the bedroom. I reached out my arms from Blake to pick me up again.

"It's funny my 4 year old is running up the stairs and I have to carry you."

.....

Blake was getting his things together for his day while me and Ford sat in bed scrolling through Netflix. I let Ford scroll through the kids section until he found something that would keep him entertained

"Okay you two, I have to head out for a while. " Blake said, squatting down next to the side of the bed Ford was sitting on, "You're going to behave for Emma right buddy? You have to remember it's hard for her to get out of bed and walk around, so you have to be a big boy today and take care of yourself as much as you can."

Ford shook his head and hugged Blake, "I take care of her, daddy." He said, releasing his arms from Blake and cuddling up next to my side.

Me and Blake smiled as he walked over to me, he kissed my forehead and walked out the door.

I had my fingers crossed that Ford was going to be as good for me as he had been telling us he would be.

-this is kind of a long filler chapter. the next one will be more interesting, it should be up by tomorrow night!!