are you okay

I woke up the next morning a little later than usual, I didn't have any classes today so I had planned on staying in bed for a bit and then running some errands.

I noticed Blake had hung up the facetime call and sent me a text.

iMessage

8:04 am

Blake: good morning, on our way back to LA finally, i hope you slept good.

10:12 am

Emma: i did, thank you again for last night.

Blake: even when you hate me, i'll always be here for you.

I caught myself smiling at my phone and I knew part of me was starting to forgive him and I didn't know how to feel.

...

Around noon I hopped in my car to run some errands. I needed to go grocery shopping and run to my bank.

I was on the interstate, the traffic was moving at a pretty normal pace for once. I heard my phone start to ring and couldn't find it. While trying to concentrate on the road I reached around my car feeling for it. I looked away from the road for a second, towards the passenger seat, noticing my phone was on the floor, I glanced back at the road, and then away again to grab it.

I thought I had only looked away for a second but the next thing I knew my car was at a complete stop and I had a throbbing pain in my neck and couldn't feel my right leg.

My head was spinning and I couldn't comprehend anything that was going on for a minute or two.

Eventually, my eyes came back into focus and I realized I had been in a car accident. A car trying to merge into my lane had hit the side, back end of my car and I ended up hitting the car in front of me.

The police hadn't arrived yet but there was, who I'm assuming was another driver, beating on my window, asking me if I was okay, over and over.

I shook my head and they ran off to one of the other cars. I looked around and noticed all the cars still driving by and our 3 cars just stopped, waiting.

I had never been in a car accident before while I was driving and it was probably the amount of shock I was in, but I was relatively calm.

After what seemed like hours, but was really only 10 minutes, the police and ambulances showed up. They put a brace around my neck and pulled me out of my car, laying me on a stretcher and moving me towards an ambulance.

They told me the lady who merged into my lane took the blame and she would leave her information with the police for me to take at the hospital. They threw my belongings from my car into a bag and we were off to the hospital.

I don't remember much from the ride, I think I was going in and out of consciousness. I remember them telling me they called my parents and every time I closed my eyes their voices would get louder and they all talked at the same time trying to figure out why I kept doing it.

...

Blakes POV-

I had just got back to my house after the flight back from Chicago. I was feeling a little jet lagged and didn't feel like doing much besides eating pizza on the couch and watching film from the last few games.

I was in the middle of the film from our game against the Timberwolves when my phone started to ring. I paused the film, set my pizza down and picked up the phone, I didn't recognize the number but answered it anyways.

"Blake? Is this Blake? Are you there?" I heard someone saying frantically. I thought it was a fan who found my number and almost hung up. "Are you with Emma, were you with her? Are you guys okay?"

"Wait, hold on, who is this? What's going on?" I said, suddenly worried.

"This is Todd. Emma's father. She was in a car accident, I thought you were with her."

A thousand things started rushing through my brain, I didn't know what to do or say, I just wanted to be with Emma.

"I'm not with her, I just got back from Chicago. Is she okay? Can I go see her?"

"We're on our way now, she's at the UCLA med center, okay? We'll meet you there."

I said okay and hung up the phone, leaving everything where it was, grabbing my keys and running out the door.

...

Emma's POV-

After being at the hospital for about an hour, and having tests done on almost every part of me, the doctors finally left me alone for a little while. I had my phone but my body hurt too much to grab it off the table next to me. So I just sat and people watched, when I saw Blake run through the door.

"Emma, are you okay? What happened?" He ran up to me, but I pushed him away before he could hug me. I was honestly happy to see him and wanted to be in his arms but knew it would hurt.

"My body hurts, don't hug me right now, I'm sorry. How did you know I was here?"

"It's okay baby, I'm just glad you're okay. Your parents called me, they thought I was with you. They must have tried to call you, but you didn't answer so they called me."

"Oh, okay. That makes sense."

"Do you need anything? I'm here for you Emma. Put everything that's going on to the side right now and just let me help you."

"Blake, I'm glad you're here. I needed you to be here. I miss you. Can you just sit with me and hold my hand?" I asked him.

"Of course," He kissed my forehead and pulled up a chair sitting down next to me, "I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you, Emma."

-sorry this chapter is short, I hope you guys still enjoy it