almost

Blakes POV-

Tonight was the night we played the Jazz for Game 2 of the playoffs, but it was also, finally, the night I was going to propose to Emma.

I woke up and hopped in the shower, leaving Emma to sleep. I was acting visibly nervous and didn't want her to keep questioning why. One of the things Emma had become good at over the last 6 months was reading me, which I loved but also hated at times like these.

Knowing Emma and how she is on her days off she was probably going to sleep till 11 or noon and normally I would wake her but decided to let her sleep today.

I went down to the kitchen and made myself an omelette and sat on the couch watching sports center.

I had a few hours before I was going to leave for the game and they were dragging. I did everything I could to try and waste time without waking up Emma. I cleaned the kitchen and Ford's room, which is something I never do. I started my laundry and picked out my clothes for the post game interviews, I really wanted to look good for this one. I double checked to make sure the little blue bag with Emma's ring in it was still in my backpack and then gathered all of my things by the front door so I wouldn't forget anything when I had to leave.

"Blaaake!" I heard Emma yell from the bedroom, in her half awake voice, so I walked over and leaned against the door frame.

"Good afternoon, beautiful."

"Is it really the afternoon? How long did I sleep?" She said searching for her phone to check the time.

"Not that late, babe." I said, walking towards the bed and sitting down next to her, "it's only 12:30."

"Blake, that's late!" She said, lightly hitting my leg, "why didn't you wake me up?"

"We got up early yesterday and you had a long class, I wanted to let you sleep." I bent over to kiss her forehead, "I need to be at the arena around 3 so I'll probably head out in a couple hours, but you should get up and come eat some lunch with me? I'll make you something."

"I definitely need to wife you up soon." She replied laughing.

I laughed along with her and thought her joke was cute, but I could feel myself getting nervous again. I started to leave the bedroom without being weird and told Emma to hurry downstairs.

.....

I loved spending time with Emma but I was so anxious for the rest of the night.

After spending a couple hours with her I decided it was time to head to the arena and do the last few things I needed to do before the game.

"I hate that we can't go to games together. I hate taking an uber or driving by myself." Emma pouted as she followed me towards the front door.

"I know, babe." I replied, tucking her hair behind her ear, "take an uber tonight though, I don't want to drive home separately, okay?"

She shook her head and reached out her arms, wanting me to hug her. I wrapped my arms around her and bent over to kiss the top of her head. The biggest smile grew on my face knowing that the next time she was in my arms it'd be after asking her to marry me.

"I love you, Emma." I said before shutting the front door behind me.

I didn't have much time before I needed to be at the arena but I needed to stop and buy a few more things before heading there.

I wanted to make this proposal as special and as meaningful as I could. In the little blue bag with Emma's ring was a planet keychain I had bought the first night we went out at the Griffith Observatory. I stopped and bought a bouquet of Daisies, because they're Emma's favorite flower. I picked up her favorite lipstick, since the first time I saw her was on the kiss cam at a game. And, finally I had some of the pictures the paparazzi took of us printed off to hopefully make her laugh.

.....

I pulled up to the arena and put everything in my backpack, I was a few minutes late so I hurried inside.

"Blake, you're lucky it's a big day for you, otherwise I'd yell at you for being late." Doc said, without even turning around to see me walking up behind him.

"Thank you, coach."

"This proposal thing better not throw you off your game, though!"

"Don't worry, if anything it'll make me play better."

"Good." He said, pulling me in for a quick hug.

"Congratulations, Blake."

I walked into the locker room and everybody was so consumed in their own conversations they didn't even notice me walk in, which I was okay with. I set my bag down and organized all my things. I pulled out my post game interview suit and hung it up, I placed all the little things I bought for Emma into a small, keepsake box that Shelby had got from Emma's parents house and took the bouquet of flowers to a fridge so they would stay fresh until I needed them.

"Hey man, how you feeling?!" Chris said walking up behind me and patting my back.

"Honestly, I'm nervous as fuck."

"Don't be! She's going to say yes. When are you doing it?" He asked.

"Half time, would you just be out there with me? I need to be able to see another familiar face or I might go insane."

Chris laughed, but agreed to be there. He walked off to finish changing for warmups and I did the same.

I wanted to win this game more than anything but all I could think about was Emma.

- this is kinda short and not a lot happens and it kinda sucks, but the next chapter will be super long and super good. it'll be up tomorrow, i promise.