losses and laughs

A week had gone by of us getting back to what we were before everything happened. It was nice to spend time with Blake and watch him play and go home with him again. No matter the score of the game, I always felt like a winner with him.

It was Christmas Eve and we had just got home from the game against the Mav's. We lost by 2 points and Blake was pretty upset with himself. I tried to cheer him up the whole car ride home but nothing helped, Ford was even in the backseat making jokes and Blake didn't budge.

We pulled into the driveway and Blake asked me to take Ford to bed. I picked him up out of the backseat as Blake unlocked the door to the house and walked inside.

"Is daddy okay?" Ford looked at me with a pouting face.

"He will be. He's just upset because the guys lost tonight. Don't worry about it, cutie."

"Okay." He said, resting his head on my shoulder as we walked inside.

I didn't see Blake in the living room or kitchen, he must have went to the bedroom.

I walked by the bedroom doorway with Ford on my hip and he yelled goodnight to Blake.

"Night night, daddy!!" He said, anxious for a response.

"Goodnight, kiddo. Love you." I heard Blake say, we couldn't see him, but I was happy he responded.

I laid Ford down in his bed, tucked him in, kissed his forehead and said goodnight.

"Night night, Emma. Will you make daddy smile?"

"I'll do my best. Goodnight buddy."

I walked into the bedroom and noticed Blake was already in bed, scrolling through something on his phone, so I took my shoes and pants off and crawled up next to him.

"What'cha looking at?" I asked, trying to be cute, leaning on his shoulder.

"Just stats from the game." He said, not caring that I was being cute.

"How come?" He was taking this loss harder than most. He was always upset when they lost, but it usually wore off by the time we got home.

"I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong. We shouldn't have lost. It just sucks."

I wrapped my arms around him and didn't say anything else. I don't think I could've said anything to make it better so I just let him be upset.

.....

I had dozed off but woke up about 20 minutes later and Blake was still on his phone. I didn't want to mention anything about the game but did want to get him focused on something else.

"What time are we going to the airport tomorrow?" I asked him. I was excited to meet his parents but wasn't excited for our early flight to Oklahoma.

Blake looked up from his phone, "our flight's at 7. We should probably leave at 6. We're taking a jet, so it's okay if we're a little late."

"Oh. Okay." I said, trying to think of a way to keep the conversation going, "what time are we landing in OKC?"

"Hopefully around noon." He said, looking back at his phone.

"Okay." I paused, "Blake?"

"What's up?"

"Can we cuddle and talk?" I asked with puppy dog eyes, hoping that would get him.

He looked at me and then back at his phone and finally back to me again and started to smile.

"You know, Emma. I should've just looked into your eyes as soon as I saw you after the game. Your big, green eyes, make everything bad go away." He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me towards his chest, "We can cuddle and talk." He kissed my forehead and set his phone down on the night stand.

"I'm really nervous to meet your parents, especially after an early flight. You know how I get when I'm tired, what if I say something stupid and embarrass myself?"

I actually was really nervous. I had never been in this serious of a relationship before and I had never met another guy's parents. I didn't know what to expect.

"Don't worry, baby. They're going to love you. Even if you embarrass yourself, which you won't, they're understanding people and they'll just laugh with you about it. I promise."

I smiled, I knew he'd make me feel more comfortable.

"I'm excited for you to see what I got you. I hope you like it as much as I do." Blake said, kissing the top of my head.

"I hope you like what I got you too. I had to get DJ's help, so let's hope he knows you as well as he says he does." I giggled and so did Blake.

"I'm sure I'll love it, babe." He sighed, "thank you for taking care of Ford tonight. I wish I wouldn't have been so upset with myself, I love putting him to bed."

"Don't worry about it. He just wanted you to be okay, he kept asking me. I told him I'd do my best to make you smile."

"He's such a good kid." Blake said, "I hope he knows how much I love him."

"I promise you he does." I said, trying to reassure him.

"But, anyways." He said, scooting further under the covers, completely laying down now, "we should get some sleep, it's already past midnight and we have to get up early. And, I don't want to deal with a cranky Ford and a cranky Emma in the morning."

I laughed at him sarcastically and stuck my tongue out.

"Sticking your tongue out isn't very nice." Blake said, trying to look upset.

I put my hands on the sides of his face and kissed him, "you're a dork, Blake."

"You're sexy, Emma." He said, putting his hands on my face, and kissing me again, more passionately this time.

I laid my head down in the crook of his shoulder, "goodnight Blake. I'm so happy I have you to spend tomorrow with. I love you."

"Me too. I love you, babygirl."

-i know this is kind of short, but i'm going to be in an airport for 6 hours tomorrow and be on a 12 hour flight, so there will be a couple more updates within the next day!! Also, do you guys want more of Blake's POV, or do you like just having Emma's most of the time?