here we go

A couple days had gone by and I still didn't text him, I've been busy with school and honestly, didn't want to seem too eager to talk to him.

When I told my friends in class about what happened, not a single person believed me and it was upsetting. I had always been picked on and bullied in school and I didn't think it would follow me to college but it did. I had one friend, my best friend, and her name was Shelby. She was out of town on a vacation with her parents and I didn't bother telling her, I wanted to wait until she got back.

My classes were over for the week and it was finally the weekend. I didn't do much on weekends, because of my lack of friends, so I turned to Netflix, or going to the beach, running little errands, things like that to keep me busy and entertained.

iMessage
11:08 am
Emma: hey blake, it's Emma from the game a few nights ago :)

I immediately regretted sending him a cheesy smiley face.

Blake: i was starting to think you didn't want to talk to me anymore
Emma: of course not, i've just been busy lately
Blake: i'm going to the staples to shoot around with DJ and Chris, you should come too
Emma: ok cool, i'll text you when i'm there?
Blake: sounds good ;)

I threw on some makeup and a comfortable outfit and I was out the door. None of this felt real to me, in my head I kept thinking, "there's no way Blake Griffin actually wants to hang out with me, this is all a joke to him, it's probably just something between him and his friends." But I kept driving.

iMessage
11:29 am
Emma: i'm here

Blake opened the door for me and as I walked inside he said, "what's up beautiful?"

"Oh nothing really, just out running some errands, you know." I lied, but I didn't want him to know I was just sitting in my bed all morning.

We walked onto the court and I saw two guys running around shooting hoops, DJ and Chris Paul.

As soon as we got close to them Chris said, "I can't believe you let Blake teach you how to shoot! Have you seen him try to hit a jumpshot in the heat of a game?"

Blake told them about me?

We all laughed, and Blake lightly pushed Chris' shoulder.

"You should have asked me to teach you."

Blake shot back with another sarcastic comment, "Shut up, at least I'm not as bad as DJ!"

And DJ returned with, "awh man! Really? That was low!"

I sat down in the same seat where I watched Blake shoot around the night before, but as soon as I sat down Blake looked over towards me and said, "what do you think you're doing? Come here."

I set my things on the ground and ran towards him, I stood in front of him just like last night, he put his hands on both of my shoulders and started rubbing my back, but immediately stopped and looked at me.

"Sorry."

"It's okay if felt good."

After that he looked into my eyes for a few seconds, smiled and walked over towards Chris.

"Emma, come here. Throw the ball to me and I'll dunk it."

Chris and DJ looked at each other and said in sync, "here we go."

"Oh shut up, you both know I dunk the best."

I laughed to myself and walked towards the hoop, Chris tossed me the ball and Blake started running towards me, I tossed him the ball and SWOOSH. Blake dunked it and we all started jumping around yelling "ohhh!"

 Blake dunked it and we all started jumping around yelling "ohhh!"

...

A couple hours went by and finally the guys were worn out and ready to leave and we all started walking towards our cars.

"You guys want to get anything to eat?" DJ asked.

"Yeah, sure man." Blake and Chris both said.

"I think I'll pass, I already ate and I need to get back home."

Blake walked me over to my car and started talking to me,

"Why don't you wanna come out with us? Are we too much to handle?" He joked.

I don't know why I didn't say yes, to be honest. I just didn't think I was ready to yet, I barely knew any of them. I was about to say that to Blake and before I knew it he had leaned down and his face was right next to mine. I knew he wasn't going to kiss me, but I wasn't sure what he was doing.

He whispered in my ear and said, "meet me here later."