Look who's engaged?

After our birthday weekend, things returned to normal. Well, as healthy as they can be with us. Although one of us did something dumb and before you think it was me, it wasn't. I may be a lot of things, but this was not the thing I'm stupid about in my life. It also wasn't Drew and Elijah this time, either.

No, our idiot cousin took the plunge. Let's rewind a bit to earlier in the day.

"Dude, what is wrong with you?" Drew asked Junior as he paced around the room.

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong. Can't a guy pace?" Junior asked with agitation.

"Junior, you look like you lost a major bet and owing to some terrible men a lot of money. You didn't bet again, did you?" Elijah asked him.

Junior stopped pacing and gave Elijah a look. "That was one time, and my dad already threatens to kick my ass."

"Then what is it that has you so freaked?" I asked.

"Nothing. Does anyone know when the girls are getting back?" He asked us.

"Junior, they're shopping and girls. Who knows when they will finish," Drew said.

"Wait a minute," Elijah said, getting to his feet. "You're afraid they will come back with some whacked out hair cut again," Elijah said, placing his hand on Junior's shoulder.

"God, I hope not," Drew said.

Junior rolled his eyes and pushed Elijah's hand off his shoulder. He shrugged, "Then you got me."

A few minutes later, the girls came in, giggling and laughing. Scarlett came over and sat down next to me, showing me what she bought while Liz and Davina did the same.

"Junior? What's wrong? You look like you want to hurl," Hope said to him.

"Eh, he was afraid you would come home with another haircut," Elijah said.

"Huh?" Hope asked, confused.

"Ignore, my idiot cousin," Junior said, shooting Elijah a glare. He turned back to Hope, "I need to talk to you."

"Okay," she said to him a bit concerned. She looked at the others confused, and he pulled a small black velvet box out of his pants. He got down on one knee. We all got up quickly, and she looked at us, then turned to see him opened it to reveal a diamond ring. Her eyes widen as he asked, "Hope Michelle Michels, will you do me the honor and marry me?"

She dropped her bags, then fell backward in shock.

"Well, not sure if that's the reaction you have when someone asks you to marry them," Drew said, and Liz smacked him.

Junior looked at us, "Too soon?"

We all looked at each other, then at him.

Once we got Hope coherent, Junior took another stab at it, and this time she said yes. He placed the ring on her finger and wrapped her arms around his neck as they celebrated.

"Hey, guys, I hate to break up this wonderful celebration, but who will tell your folks about your newly engaged asses?" Drew asked them. Well, shit.

We all looked at each other, and everyone said, not it, leaving Elijah the odd man out, "Damn it!"

"You snooze, you lose," Drew said.

"Fine, but don't blame me when this all goes south," Elijah said, dialing a number. He called Hope's parents first, who were less than thrilled to get the news and catching the first flight out. Next was Frazier and Marissa, who was even more than less than thrilled. Elijah didn't also have time to finish speaking when the call ended.