First 'Date' or disaster?

I got ready, showering, and throwing on a pair of lovely black slacks and a button-down shirt. I went the traditional route with the date, so I made a call home to get some ideas for a time - a big mistake there. Did you ever have six adults give you advice on a date? Better yet, did you ever have six adults from my family provide you with information? It's not pretty.

I finally decided dinner and a movie would work. I mean, it's Scarlett. She seems pretty easy going, mostly. I was a nervous wreck. I left the house, hoping that tonight went well, or at least, I didn't crash and burn. I have a feeling it will be the latter.

I was prompt picking her up at her dorm. She dressed in a simple skirt that went to her knees and a cute top. Her dark red curly hair draped on her shoulders. She was stunning. Junior let me borrow his car for tonight since I didn't have one at the moment. It didn't matter though everything was within walking distance of the house. I wanted to be a gentleman and proper with our first date.

We headed to the restaurant and talked on our way - nothing major, small talk. Once we arrived, we sat at our table. We kept to the small talk, and the waiter took our orders. I don't know if it was the fact that we were on an actual date, but my nerves got the best of me, and by the best of me, I meant, knocking over her glass of water, making her wet. Then as I tried to help her dry off, the waiter came with our food, and I bumped into him, causing her dish of food to go flying onto her head and falling into her lap.

Yeah, this was not good, but the strangest part was she wasn't even mad; in fact, she laughed and went to the lady's room with her purse. While she left to get cleaned up, the waiter had us move tables so that they could clean up the mess. She returned ten minutes later wearing a different outfit and explaining she always kept a change of clothes on her in case. That's good because I was hoping to get through the rest of the dinner without incident.

After we finished our meal, we headed to the cinema. As we figured out which movie to see, a guy walked over to us excitedly. "Scarlett? What are you doing here?"

They hugged as she said, "Oh, you know trying to decide on what movie to see." They embraced and started talking. It sounded like they were catching up. I stood there until I sat down on a bench and waited for them to finish. I checked my watch, and a half-hour passed as I watched the two of them chat it up. Great, my date is having a better time with another guy on our date than she is having with me. Yep, this date is a disaster.

After watching them another ten minutes, I decided maybe it would be best if I let them carry on with each other. This date was a mistake. I quietly walked out of the theater and got into the car. I know, I left my date behind because she's in good hands with Mr. I will steal your date, which he did. Plus, it's not like anything was developing between us since the dinner was a disaster, and she blew me off at the movies. Yep, my luck with women stayed intact, which meant I didn't have any.

I drove back to the house.

"Oh, boy, I didn't realize how long we were talking," she said.

"It happens when you run into your sibling that you haven't seen in months," the guy said.

"Oh, come on. You knew I was coming to school here. Mom even told you, Leo," she said with an exasperated tone.

"Okay, yeah, I did," he said, grinning.

"Anyway, I should introduce you to my date," she said as she turned around, realizing I left.

"What date?" Leo asked.

"He was here," she said, looking around.

"He left." He shrugged as she sighed.

"Yeah, fantastic." She rolled her eyes.