They're called fanatics for a reason

It had been a few days since the incident with Scarlett, Kacey, and Micha. They were releasing Scarlett today. Thank God, because those hospital chairs are uncomfortable. I brought Drew and Liz with me. Our first stop was to see Kacey first since she would be here another day.

While we visited her, she explained as soon as they discharged her; she was going back home with her parents and transferring to a local school. She couldn't go back to her room, so she was leaving everything. I couldn't blame Kacey, because she was a nice girl and was great friends with Scarlett. We left her room and walked to Scarlett's.

I knocked on the door, and she dressed already, packing up her stuff. She saw me and her face lit up. I walked over, and she threw her right arm around me and kissed me. She had to be careful with her injured arm.

"The flowers are beautiful. You didn't have to since we are leaving today," Scarlett smiled.

I looked at her a bit confused, "What flowers?"

"The ones on the table next to my bed," she said, walking over to them. There was a massive bouquet in a vase next to her bed. I walked over and pulled the card from it. All it had was get better soon. No signature, just the logo of the flower shop on it.

"When did these arrive?" I asked her.

"Last night. A nurse brought them in and said a delivery person dropped them off. Why?" She asked a bit confused.

I looked at her, "Because I didn't send them."

The color drained from her face, and she panicked.

"Hey, it's okay." I pulled her to me and looked at Drew, who pulled out his cell phone and made a call as he left the room.

"I can't, Matt. I can't deal with him," she mumbled.

Drew returned and walked over to me, then whispered in my ear. I nodded and looked at her, "They're not from Micha. He hasn't left since the police took him that night."

"Oh, thank God." She let out a deep breath.

"But I still want to know who sent them," I said.

"You and me, both," she said to me, sighing.

When we left the room, I walked over to the nurse's station and spoke to the nurse from last night. She told me a delivery person brought them, and they had to sign for them. She couldn't tell me if it was a man or woman since they were busy last night.

"What did she say, Matt?" Liz asked.

"She couldn't remember if it was a man or woman that dropped them off."

"Well, how about we stop at Scarlett's dorm, then we'll pay the florist a visit?" Drew suggested to me.

"Sounds like a plan. Ready?" I asked Scarlett.

"As I will ever be," she shrugged. The girl that was usually bubbly and funny was solemn and quiet. I could feel her body tense as we left the hospital and went to her dorm. She took out her key, and her hand was shaking so badly. I took it from her. I opened the front door, then we all went to her dorm room.

We walked up to police tape on the door and were told they cleared the dorm room of the investigation. I tore off the tape and opened the door for Scarlett. She walked in first, and we followed her. She stood there, as did the rest of us. I watched her look around the room and walked around, looking at it. The blood had dried, but you could see the remnants of that night.

She stood there, not saying a word. I looked at Drew and Liz, and they didn't know what to say.

"I can't believe he did this." She turned to look at us. It wasn't sadness I saw in her face. No, it was rage.