Winter Formal

After meeting the quints, things finally calmed down. They weren't bad guys, but sometimes I wondered about them. They hung with us from time to time and vice versus with them. Things always got crazy when we all hung together. I was pretty much use to it.

Winter formal was coming up, and we all went. It was better than going to another fraternity party and dealing with that bullshit. I left and picked up Scarlett from her dorm. I rang the buzzer, and she buzzed me in. I knocked on her door, and she answered it. She took my breath away. She dressed in a burgundy knee-length lacy dress, and she pulled her hair back into a bun.

I handed her the corsage that I bought her and kissed her, "You look beautiful."

"You look handsome yourself," Scarlett complimented me.

"Oh, this old thing." She laughed as I held out my arm. She looped it with hers, and we left for the dance.

When we arrived, we walked inside to find the others. A few were over by the refreshments, and some were on the dance floor. We made our way to the dance floor and danced. We had a lot of fun, and the others joined us. After dancing for a while, I headed to the bathroom, and Scarlett got something to drink.

As I returned from the restroom, I saw Scarlett arguing with someone. That can't be good. I made my way over only to find her with none other than Mattress Mary. I walked up to hear part of the argument.

"Mary, what do you want?" I asked, coldly towards Mary.

"I have no idea what you mean, Matt. I was going to get some punch, and this hose beast is blocking my way," she snarled, looking at Scarlett.

"Oh no, sweetie, why don't you tell Matt the truth?" Scarlett mentioned.

"Does someone want to tell me what's going on?" I shouted.

"Well, Mary here was accusing me of stealing her boyfriend, which is you. I had to set her straight about it," she said, glaring at Mary.

I looked at Mary, "Look, we went to one dance, and we didn't make it through that dance after you jumped on my fucking back and clawed me. We aren't together and have never been together. So, run along."

I grabbed Scarlett's hand to lead her away, but Mary decided that wasn't good enough and ended up yanking Scarlett back, using her hair.

"Get off me, you bitch," Scarlett yelled.

She struggled, and I tried to get Mary to loosen her grip, but damn this girl could fight. Eventually, the guys came over to help us. Drew helped me with Scarlett while Junior and Elijah grabbed ahold of Mary.

"What the fuck is wrong with this bitch?" Elijah shouted.

We finally got them separated when Mary broke free and dove after Scarlett, knocking her to the ground. They tussled, and we tried to break it up, which wasn't happening.

"Damn, it's like two cats fighting," Junior said.

"Hence why they call it a catfight," Drew added, causing us to look at him.

The girls tried to show up and break it until they got caught in the crossfire.

"She bit me," Hope yelled.

"Should have told you, girls, not to intervene," Junior said.

"Matt? Are you going to stop this?" Liz yelled.

"I tried. Trust me," I said.

Then, as Scarlett and Mary went to town, the quints showed up.

"Who's winning?" Zane asked.