Midterms, ex's and fanatics, great

Scarlett settled in nicely with all of us, and let's say; she was an exciting addition to the house. Between her, Drew, and Elijah trying to one-up each other, the rest of us had to make sure we were out of harm's way. Plus, she had to be careful of her arm since it was still healing. Yeah, those three were crazy.

One morning I was sleeping when I felt someone climb onto my back. Please let this be Scarlett and not one of those other yutzes. Then I felt her soft lips on my cheek. Thank god for that.

I rolled over, and she was lying on my chest. "I think I could get used to waking up to that every morning."

"I thought so," she smiled. I flipped her over onto her back and started kissing her, which led to us making out for a bit. It wouldn't last since we had to hit the library and study for midterms. We made sure we bundled up since it was still winter and the end of January.

Drew and Liz were meeting us there, while Elijah, Junior, and the girls were meeting us later. We spent most of the day at the library studying, and at some point, we took a break to grab some food. After eating, the eight of us went back to the library and studied until closing time.

I was ready to call it a night, as was everyone else. As we packed up our stuff, we heard something fall and hit the ground with a clanking sound. We all looked at each other and figured someone knocked something over. Then we heard it again.

The guys and I checked it out while the girls finished grabbing our stuff. We came to the spot where we heard it and saw a pipe on the floor. What the fuck?

Then we heard the girls yell for us and ran to them, but they vanished, and all their stuff was on the table. We split up, looking for each of them. We were able to find each of them hidden. I checked to make sure Scarlett was okay; then, we heard the person say, "Come out, come out, where ever you are, you bastards."

"I thought he was in jail," Scarlett whispered to me.

"That's what Drew said," I whispered back.

"Miss me?" Micha asked, and we both looked up to find him holding a gun. Shit!

Micha pulled the trigger, but Elijah threw the book at him, hitting him, causing him to miss us. He turned to Elijah, and we took off, running around the shelves. He aimed at Elijah, and before he shot the gun, Drew pushed a chart towards him from behind, giving Elijah a chance to get out of the way.

They ran between the shelves until we all were all able to meet up with each other.

"What the fuck is wrong with this guy?" Drew asked.

"Everything," Scarlett answered.

Then we heard him say, "Just for those antics, I will shoot and kill you all quickly. I was going to do it slow and painful, but you've done pissed me off!"

"Micha, you're a douche! I'm so glad I broke up with your stupid ass!" Scarlett yelled.

"Scarlett," I yelled in a whisper.

"Well, I am," she whispered back.

"Just for that, you'll be the first, you bitch!" Micha barked.

As he came closer to us and we plotted our way out of here, the lights went off, making him bump into a table and cursing.

Then we saw a small bright orange circle glow in the distance. Not only were we trying to studying for midterms and dealing with Scarlett's psycho ex, but now the fanatic is in here with us, great.

As he tried to find us, we crept away from him and the other Yahoo that was inside with us. We had to feel our way around a dark library without using the flashlights on our phones, so we didn't give away our location.

Micha used his and went hunting for us. Every time he got one of us in his view, he took a shot at us. The dude was a lousy fucking shot. When we were able to get him distracted, one of us threw books at him, hitting him, and he would turn and fire while another hit him with library books.

This guy was getting on my last damn nerve. How he got out, I don't know, but what I knew he was fucking crazy. Then, as soon as the gunfire began, it ended quickly. We waited, not realizing someone else took matters into their hands. Before we knew it, the lights came back on, and Micha was lying on the floor out cold with the gun a foot away from him.

Drew picked up the gun.

"Dude, you nuts! You can't shoot him," I exclaimed.

Drew looked at me, rolling his eyes as he disarmed the gun and shoved it in the back of the waistband of his jeans. "No genius, but I will get rid of it."

"What now?" Asked Elijah.

"We get our stuff and get the hell out of here. Let the police deal with this shithead," Junior growled.

We didn't waste any time and grabbed our stuff in a hurry, leaving quickly. We didn't want to run the chance of him waking up again.

Someone walked over to Micha, crouching and, in a disguised voice, said, "You almost ruined everything, you piece of shit. Now, what will I do with you? Hmmm, I have an idea." The person grabbed Micha by the back of the shirt and dragged him out of the library.

They opened the trunk and tossed him into it, closing the trunk of the car, then they walked over and got in. Picking up a photograph of the eight of us and studying it, the person said, "You are mine to deal with, not some moron who can't shoot for shit. If anyone takes you out, it will be me. Be ready Alex, I'm coming for your children, and when I finished, you will suffer. Oh, yes, you will."

With those final words, the person started the car and drove off.

We finally made it home. How is it every time midterms come up, so does everything else? I still wondered how the hell Micha got out? He almost killed Scarlett and Kacey, and they had the weapon in evidence. Plus, on top of it, the fanatic saved our lives. None of this made any sense, and I tried to wrack my brain, trying to come up with the answers. I sat on the side of my bed, deep in thought when I felt someone sit down next to me.

I looked over to see Scarlett staring at me. "What?" I asked.

"You look pretty sexy, deep in thought," she grinned.

I gave her a look, "Of all the times to make jokes; you pick this time? You're something else; you know that?"

"So I've been told," she shrugged. I couldn't help but smile. That was the one thing about her. She may get knocked down, but she doesn't stay that way for long.

She reached for my hand, taking it in hers, "Matt, it will be okay."

"How do you know?" I questioned.

"Because if it's one thing I've learned about your family, it's that no matter what, you come out okay. A little bruised but okay," she said, giving me a soft smile. I reached over and pulled her lips to mine as I kissed her. Then I placed my forehead against hers and sighed.

"How did I get so lucky with a girl like you?" I questioned.

"Easy. I was persistent," Scarlett giggled.

"Thank God for that. I love you, Scar," I whispered.

"I love you, too, Matty," Scarlett whispered back.

Looking at her, I knew we would be okay, but I also knew this was far from over. Now we needed to come up with a plan to end this, but first, we needed to survive midterms. Yeah, this was going to be rough.

After the episode at the library, we studied at home. We should have done that in the beginning. It might have saved us some time and aggravation. Luckily we were able to get enough studying in with no further interruptions and take our midterms.

In two weeks was Valentine's Day, and I wanted to plan something special for Scarlett. She had plans of her own. Why do I feel this was going to be Valentine's Day to remember?