Things got a bit complicated

After our little grave expedition, which our moms were none too thrilled about, we needed to figure out how and why. I always knew something was off that day but tossed it in the back of my mind, because it was one less thing to worry over. Well, now, things became more complicated than they should.

"So, what now?" Someone asked. I sat there deep in thought that the question snapped me back to reality.

"I don't know," I said with frustration.

"I'd like to know how the hell he could pull it off, and none of us know," Junior said equally frustrated.

"Smart fucker," Drew huffed.

"We need to find him fast. It's bad enough we have to deal with Scarlett's lunatic ex and a lunatic fanatic. Now this punk ass bitch," Junior grumbled.

Scratch that. Things weren't just complicated; they were a lot more complicated.

While we were busy trying to figure out how to deal with our current situation, someone else was plotting their next move.

Micha tied to a chair and gagged. Blood dried and caked on his head, and he had fresh blood from his nose and mouth. The person walked in front of him, mumbling to themselves as Micha watched them with wide eyes. Then they stopped and crouched to look at him in the eyes, "You know you have been a royal thorn in my side. Now, what should I do with you?"

They stood up and put their hand to their chin, rubbing it as they said, "Well, I could gut you like the animal you are, or you could help me. If you help me, it could be beneficial to me, but then I risk you running off half-cocked and ruining my plans."

They reached behind themselves and pulled out a knife, then crouched and held it up to him. They showed the blade to him, which had a serrated edge to it.

"You know they use this knife to gut animals. You know why they use it?" The person asked.

Micha stared at them with wide eyes.

"Okay, fine, I'll tell you," they rolled their eyes. "Because it helps cut easier when the skin is tough. It's a specialty for hunters when they hunt, which is what I was doing when you interfered because of your stupid obsession for some chick. See, I'm going for a much bigger prize, one that will capture all of their attention. I'm going for the one and only Alex Hartley Jones. See, she's the biggest prize of all."

They ripped down Micah's gag, and he said, "Why her?"

"Excellent question. See, I wrote to Alex how I thought her books were special, and I thought we had this deep connection. She sent a letter back, thanking me, which was thoughtful of her, but she also said that they were just books. I wrote to her again, declaring my feelings, then she responded not to contact her again. That hurt me deeply, just like when those girls rejected my gifts. I thought we could let bygones be bygones, but I guess not," the person reasoned casually.

"What does this have to do with me?" Micha asked.

"Hmmm, good point. To be honest, you're more of a nuisance always getting in the way," the person said, shoving the gag back into his mouth.

Micha's eyes widen, and he tried to scream as they plunged the knife into him, gutting him like an animal. Blood soaked the gag, and he asphyxiated on the blood that filled his lungs. Micha stopped struggling, and they stepped back, admiring their handy work.

"What a waste. You didn't show much of a struggle. Oh well," the person sighed. They left to clean up, then returned untying Micha and wrapped him in a plastic wrap. They dragged him to the car and tossed him into the trunk, waiting until dark.