Home for Christmas

The first semester finished, and it was now Christmas break. We were all headed home for Christmas break, and I wanted Scarlett to come with us. I needed to ask her.

We were hanging out in my room, doing what most couples do. Okay, we were making out, but who can resist soft lips like hers. I pulled back and looked at Scarlett.

"What? You're looking at me like I'm your next meal," she said, giving me a look.

"I wanted to ask you something, and I'm not sure how you will react to it," I said cautiously.

She sat up and took my hands, looking me in the eyes and said, "Yes, a thousand times, yes. I will marry you."

"What? No, not that," I exclaimed as she giggled.

"Well, we know you're not ready for marriage, so I know where I stand," she grinned. I gave her a look, and she tried to act serious, "Okay, hit me with your best shot."

I sighed and then started again, "How would you?"

She cut me off, "How can we?"

"What?" I asked with confusion.

"Well, we haven't reached that level in our relationship yet, so how would I be able to have a baby?" She said, gesturing to me.

"Never mind," I said, getting up.

She grabbed my hand and looked up at me, "Okay, I'm sorry. Go ahead."

I sat back down, "Okay," giving her a look not to interrupt me, and she made a button gesture with her fingers. "I would like you to come home with me for Christmas."

"Okay," she shrugged.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"As long as I can bring my brothers," she said, getting up from the bed and walking out of the room.

"What?" I asked as I chased after her.

We went back and forth all the way downstairs about her brothers coming with us.

"Aw, look, first lover's quarrel," Elijah grinned.

"What are you two arguing about now?" Junior asked, looking away from the TV.

"I asked Scar to come home with us for Christmas," I said.

"And what's so bad about that?" Asked Drew.

"She wants to bring her brothers," I sighed.

"Oh," said Elijah.

"Matt, I have never spent Christmas without them. Plus, my parents will not be home this year," she said to me.

"What's the big deal, Matt? I think it'll be fun," Liz said.

"What? Are you serious?" Asked Drew.

"Why not?" Liz questioned.

"I could think of a few," Drew said, which led them both to argue.

"See, what you started," I said to Scarlett.

"Me? You're the one that wants me to come home with you!" She yelled back, which led us to argue.

"Ah, hell, here we go," said Elijah, which caused the four of us to argue with him, and Davina added her two cents.

While the six of us argued back and forth, Junior left the room and made a call. He returned a few minutes later and used two fingers to whistle to get our attention.

"Now that I have your attention. I made a call, and Uncle Ryan and Aunt Alex are fine with the quints joining us. They will plan if they need a place to stay at each of our houses. So, now can everyone stop arguing?"