Emily and Elena walked into the Gilbert house after leaving the Salvatore boarding house, Elena threw her black jacket across the couch while Emily placed her small blue purse next to Elena's jacket. The twins were going to head upstairs to get ready for the dance when Jenna spoke from the other side of the room.

"Spoke to the insurance company," Jenna told her oldest niece, Emily. "Car's totaled. You can keep sharing with Elena for now."

Emily nodded her head. She was going to ignore Jenna, when she remembered what Bonnie told her. She decided to give Jenna a chance, she couldn't be mad at her forever. Emily turned around and looked at her aunt. When she did, Emily couldn't hold in her smirk, "looks like someone is going to the dance."

Jenna smiled softly, "Alaric asked me to help chaperone."

Jenna leaned against the back of the couch while staring at her two nieces. While Emily decided to give Jenna a chance, Elena was still mad at her aunt. Elena turned to Jenna quickly and mumbled upset, "why didn't you tell us, Jenna?"

Jenna stared at the younger girl for a moment before speaking quietly, "your mom was gonna do it eventually. I never thought I'd have to."

"If my mom were here right now and I asked, she'd tell me the truth," Elena told Jenna. Emily sighed, she knew that was low blow for Jenna. But apparently that is what Jenna needed to tell the two sisters the truth.

Jenna looked between the two girls with eyes full of unshed tears and sighed, "your dad was about to leave the office one night when this girl showed up." Jenna began to explain, "she was sixteen, a runaway, and about to give birth. He delivered her babies, and he gave her a place to stay, but a few days later, she disappeared." Jenna smiled softly, "and there you two were. Your parents were trying so hard to have a baby. I-it just wasn't happening. All Miranda ever wanted was to be a mom."

Emily looked over at her aunt confused, remembering when she and Elena looked at their birth information. "Why did it say Miranda and Grayson Gilbert on our birth certificates?"

"Your dad was a doctor, Emily," Jenna told the two girls while staring at the oldest sister. "He took care of it. They didn't want to lose you or Elena, so they kept it quiet, told as few people as possible, but if anyone ever wanted proof, they had documentation."

Elena finally spoke up to her aunt, "what else do you know about her? The girl?" Elena asked carefully.

Jenna thought for a moment, "just her name. Isobel."

Emily really wanted to know more information about her birth mother, but Jenna only had was a name. It was start, it was something that she knew where she actually came from. It was a lot to take in even if it wasn't that much information. Emily wanted to know more about her birth mother, but knew she had to focus on tonight and stalking vampire.

Since Emily's bedroom was the bigger room, the two sisters decided they would get ready in her room, together, like old times for the dance. Before their parents passed away, the two sisters would get ready together before any big event in the small town.

Emily had just slipped on her black heels when she saw her sister messing with her hair in Emily's long mirror. Emily had a small smile on her face when she walked up beside Elena. "Need some help?" Emily asked her sister.

Elena nodded her head in embarrassment. Emily chuckled and pulled her sister into their shared bathroom. Emily placed her sister in front of the large mirror and carefully pulled the white headband for Elena's hair. She fixed it so Elena's hair had a 50's vibe. Emily grabbed the hair dryer that was sitting next to the sink, and carefully ran it all the way through Elena's long hair. After a few moments, Emily looked at Elena's hair through the mirror and smiled gratefully. "There. What do you think?"