Chapter 33. Bullet hearts

"I will destroy you in the most beautiful way, and when I leave, then you'll understand why storms are named after people."
.
.

(Y/n's p.o.v)

I looked at dan while placing a hand on his arm, I looked at his face and saw distress in his eyes, I noticed how different he looked. He seemed tired and stress. He had bags under his eyes and it seemed as if he was anxious.

"Look (y/n), what happened back there with Caspar and joe, it can't happen again. Number one they tied you up, and number 2 you missed your shot the first time." He started explaining randomly as his eyes traveled around the room as he seemed to be deep in thought.

"What? But I still shot them after." I said in self defence.

"Yeah but what would have happen if you didn't, you need to learn what you're doing, or else you'll get yourself killed." He exclaimed while standing up and walking over to his backpack. My eyes traveled and stared at him in curiosity as he searched threw the small black bag, until he stopped and pulled out a small pistol gun making me jump back, he threw the bag around his shoulder and started walking over to the door.

"Come on." He said bluntly as he grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him, not in an aggressive way, but just so I would follow him.

We walked out the door without telling anyone we we're leaving, but I looked around and the trees looked beautiful and so summery compared to how it looked last night.

We walked maybe a mile or two of grass and I my legs were hurting, "dan! How much longer?" I yelled as I was slowing down behind him, he stopped and turned around as a sigh escaped his lips.

He walked over to me quickly without saying a word which frightened me until I felt his arms go around my legs as he flipped me over his shoulder and began to carry me as a gasp left my mouth.

"Dan what the hell? Put me down!" I commanded as I tried pulling away from his grasp.

I don't know what's with him today, it's worrying me yet pissing me off at the same time. He never wants to tell me what's going on, and he tries to push it off like he's okay but I know he's not, I just wish he would talk to me...

Yet these thoughts were distracted as I felt dan set me down, he kept moving his eyes away from mine, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Right so, you take this gun.." he began to say until he paused and took the bag off his shoulder, pulling out a glass bottle and walking over to a huge rock and setting the bottle on top.

"Now shoot the bottle." He said walking back over to me.

I looked at him once then back at the gun and held it up quickly pointing it at the bottle.

"No no, you're holding it wrong, both hands on the gun and bend your arms slightly." He explained calmingly as he stood behind me and held his hands into mine, both of us holding the gun.

"Now when you shoot, don't think about it, just do it, hold your breath, then pull the trigger." He said in a calm and soft matter as he backed away from me letting go of my hands.

I squinted my eyes slightly then I held in my breath, waiting a couple seconds until I felt like the aim was just right, then I pulled the trigger and the noise traveled threw out the forest. The bullet went straight threw the bottle knocking it as glass shattered everywhere.

"Damn." Dan mumbled under his breath as he stared at where the bottle used to be.

Dan bit his lip, "alright let's try again." He said pulling out another bottle and placing it on the rock.

"Okay, ready and shoot!" Dan yelled, and I pulled the trigger as the bullet went threw the bottle again.

"Good job." Dan said bluntly as he walked over to me and took the gun away.

"Okay now...I need you to punch me." He said emotionlessly as he stood in front of me and rolled up his sleeves.

"What?" I asked as I squinted my eyes and shook my head.

"Just do it, I need to prepare you in case anything happens, and to do that, I have to see how hard you can hit, now punch me!" He explained as he opened his arms up in preparation.

I sighed, "fine." I didn't want to hit dan, I was scared to do it, I mean just look at what happened all the other times.

I clenched my fist harshly and then in a quick motion I punched him in the stomach, making him move back slightly.

"Good, now again." He demanded

I swung another punch that was harder then the last, he almost fell back this time. Yet I continued punching as he asked until I got tired and stopped.

"Okay you're doing great." He said.

I put my arms down and exhaled, as I looked up at him in exhaustion.

"Now tackle me." He smirked.

I sighed as I was still trying to catch my breath, but I went with it, I took a couple steps back then began to run towards him and had my arms out preparing to tackle him to the ground until he moved out of the way, making me fall to the ground.

Dans hand reached out for me and I took it, "asshole." I muttered.

"Excuse me?" He asked raising an eyebrow, instantly making me shut up.

Yet me becoming angry was motivating me, so I took two steps back then ran over to dan, this time he wasn't expecting it and I jumped
On him making both of us fall too the floor, as I fell on top of him.

A bright red blush appeared on my face as we started staring at each other, a smirk appeared on his lips.

"S-sorry." I stuttered shyly as I was now embarrassed and flustered. Dan scoffed, "you know you can get off me right?" He said sarcastically.

I laughed as I got off him and stood up, wiping the dirt off my jeans as I looked over and saw it was starting to get dark, "come on let's go." Dan said grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers as we walked threw out the forrest and back to the cabin.

We got to the Cabin and before I walked to the door I felt Dans hand let go of mine, I turned around to look at him.

"Uh I'll be right there, just let me take care of something first." He said nervously but I looked past it.

I gave him a small smile, "okay."

He looked at me softly, his head leaned over to me as he pecked my lips. I turned around and walked over to the door, turning the knob and stepping into the house as I turn my head and look back at dan before shutting the door completely.