Chapter 28. No hope

"I will follow you into the dark."
.
.

I was awake, but I was cold, my hands were tied down, and I couldn't see anything because something was tied around my eyes, a cloth I assume.

But I could hear foot steps, "dan! Phil! Chris! Are you guys there?!" I yelled out into the unknown.

I heard them gasp, "(y/n) your awake?" They asked yelling from across the room.

"Yeah..." I said shakily, "where am I, can you guys see anything?" I yelled.

"We aren't blind folded, but were tied onto chairs." Chris explained.

I tried to take in my surroundings, I could hear where everyone was, I heard phil crying in the corner which mad me begin to panic.

I heard foot steps coming threw the door, and then, they walked in, Caspar removed my blind fold and my eyes shut as they began to get used to the light.

I looked around and saw phil had a bruise against his cheek, it was new and bleeding.
Those bastards hurt him.

I could see dan from the corner of my eye, he was looking at me, worryingly.

Joe walked over in front of me as his hand was placed on my cheek, he looked at me in pity and I quickly moved my head away, "don't touch me." I demanded.

He looked at me and with out a second going by his hand raised and I felt a sharp pain on my left cheek as his hand slapped me across it.

I didn't say anything, I didn't cry, I didn't yell, I just simply stayed quiet and held in the pain.

"Don't you fucking touch her, I'll kill you when I get out of here!" Dan yelled loudly as he tried to move and push away from the ropes but failed.

I held in tears that were beginning to sting my eyes, my hair was in my face and you could see the visible hand mark on my cheek.

"Awe am I making someone a bit mad?" Joe asked sarcastically as he walked towards dan, dans eyes were black, and cold. I watched carefully as I saw joe walk back over to me, his face went near mine and his kissed my cheek, exactly were the red mark was. I felt disgusting, but it wasn't my choice.

But I averted my eyes and they stopped when I noticed the pistol that was placed in joe's pocket. I kept note of that then decided I needed to make a plan, something, anything that could get us out of here.

"You're a psychopath, just as mad as your so called "husband" if you ask me." Joe said doing quotations with his fingers. And that's when my idea struck, but I knew it could hurt dan...

"I'm not crazy, they kidnapped me, and as if I would want to be any part of this!" I yelled slightly at joe.

The expression on his face was surprised, "w-what do you mean?" He asked suddenly.

I paused, "I worked at the institution, I wasn't a patient, I couldn't bare to be with these people, but if I tried to leave I would have gotten killed, so no I'm not like them." I explained, avoiding eye contact with dan yet I could feel his eyes staring at me, burning my skin.

"Oh really?" joe started off, as Caspar waited near the opening of the door. Joe walked behind me grabbing a knife out of his pocket, I was expecting him to slice it against me yet he cut the ropes from my hand.

"Prove it." He said as I pulled my arms in front of me and looked down at my hands.

"H-how?" I stuttered nervously.

He smirked as a chuckle came out of his mouth, "hit him." He said bluntly. I felt my heart beat stop as chills grew on my spin.

Hit dan? I couldn't. But I have to if I want to get us out of here.

Without question, I walked in front of dan, I paused as I admired his face, my hands were side to side by me and we were looking right into each others eyes, which felt deeper then I expected.

He didn't expect me to do it, which made this even worse. He looked me up and down, but I could tell this was out of pity.

"Hit him, or we kill you, it's your choice." Joe said in the background which is all honesty I just blocked out, more worried about dans reaction then my own life.

My mouth opened as I was going to mouth the words 'I'm sorry' but I paused before I could and just raised my hand, and quickly slapping it across his face. I was breathing heavily but I tried to make it not noticeable.

"Again." Caspar said now with a laugh, as if his was all a joke.

But I knew I had to go along with it, I cursed under my breath then hit him again as I felt tears begging to form. But after I was done I looked at dan, and he looked broken, and he looked at me as if I was a different person. There was not reaction, no threat, just him looking down at the floor.

"I didn't mean too." I wanted to say, but I was distracted as I heard joe start clapping.

I didn't turn around, as I just kept looking at dan seeing the fear in his eyes, as if he was scared of me. He was completely shattered.

I felt joe's hands on my hips as he turned me around to face him, his face close to mine. This was my chance. Me and joes lips were close to connecting until something snapped in dan.

"You fucking bitch! You liar!" He yelled, I felt my heart drop but I couldn't stop now as I was way to close.

Our lips connected and I was disgusted, but my hand tracked down his back to his pocket and then I felt the metal in my hand. With a quick motion I pulled the gun out of his pocket and pushed him away with my free hand.

I held the gun in the air pointing it at joe, I shot, but missed, I haven't shot a gun before and I wasn't used to how heavy it was, but then I shot again and it went right threw his head. And thoughtlessly I shot Caspar too.

Yet my brain stopped, and I dropped the gun as I stared at their bodies dropping to the floor, yet before I could react, I quickly grabbed the knife that was on the floor and went to uncut dans ropes.

The knife cut threw easily and dans arms were free, he stood up and turned around and I ran up to him to hug him.

But he pushed me off harshly to were I almost fell back, "get the fuck off me!" He yelled and looked at me as if I was a monster.

I looked at him confused, "w-what?" I mumbled as my eyes began to get teary.

"You think it was just  okay to pull that little stunt? Do you think I would have been fine with you telling me you were faking this, this whole time!" He yelled as he began to come closer to me pushing me again.

"Dan look I-" I began to say until dan interrupted.

"No! I should just fucking leave you here, it's not like it would have mattered anyway!" He yelled making me shut up quickly.

He walked over to me and grabbed my wrist, then grabbing the knife out of my hand as he threw my hand back down. Then he walked over to Chris and Phil to untie them.

I looked down at the floor, way to busy Pitying myself then to look up at someone who can't stand to look at me.

Chris walked by the door and next to me, "for what it's worth, I thought it was a good idea." He said silently to me as he walked past and out the door.