Chapter 24. Things happen

"I'm often silent when I'm screaming inside."
.
.
We were driving along the road, and my mind was racing, we were doing the same thing over again. What if this is it? Is this all I'm expected to do? Just sit around traveling place to place until we just get caught again? No. No more. I won't take it, I'm choosing too-

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt Dans hand grab onto mine, rubbing it softly. After that I looked over and stared at his our hands folded into each other. I pulled my arm away and continued to stare out the window in my own thought. I was sick of dans conflicting behaviour, some days I just can't stand him, but others I-

"Come on, (y/n). Why are you always like this, you're distant, cold. Do you hate me or something?" Dan asked quietly trying to avoid anyone else in the car from hearing.

That question took me by surprise as I just began to freeze up, I looked into his eyes and after he realised I didn't have an answer I saw the sadness that lurked in his eyes.

I instantly regretted not saying anything so I grabbed his hand quickly, "no dan, I don't hate you..." I said quietly as I held his hand in mine tightly.

I small smile appeared on his lips as he turned his head and smirked at me, but then the moment was ruined when we felt something sharp hit the car. The car began to spiral out of control as one of the tires popped. I began to yell as dan held onto the wheel for his life, Chris and phil yelling in the background. I banged my head against the window as the car stopped making me pass out, my eyes slowly closing until I saw nothing but blackness.

.
.

Blinking. Light was slowly starting to come threw. I looked around to see I was in the grass floor. The car in front of me as it was crashed against a tree.

"Well what the hell do you expect me to do? I didn't know someone was going to fucking shoot out tires off!" Chris yelled at dan.

Dan groaned and he folded his arms getting ready to yell back at Chris yet was stopped when phil looked over at me, "guys! She's waking up!" He yelled as he ran over to me an kneeled down, putting his arms around me as he embraced me in a tight hug.

"Phil, get off her, she just woke up." Dan commanded as he impatiently tapped his foot on the ground.

"S-sorry..." phil stuttered quickly letting go and getting off of me. I slowly stretched and then started to sit up, "come on." Chris said as he reached a hand out for me to grab, I grabbed it considering his kindness and he pulled me up on my feet. I still felt dizzy but I stayed up.

"What happened?"I asked now concerned on what I missed.

They both gave each other a worried look as if they were debating to tell me.

"Are the cops after us? Come on what is it?!" I asked as I walked closer to them and slightly raised my voice.

Dan sighed, "the cops are the least of our worries....someones following us. They killed our tires so we need to figure out something."

My head forcibly turned itself around as I looked at the tires, I sighed as I had a realisation that I'm never having my old life back, but this was different.

It was as if everything I was avoiding had just hit me all at once, I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt sick and dizzy. And my heart was racing.

I fell to the ground uncontrollably but I didn't faint, what was happing? I felt frozen. I couldn't move and tears started flowing from my eyes. It became slowly silent, then all at once everything else became blocked out.