Chapter 21: Memories and Losses

Start from the beginning

Nue frowned as she looked off to the side. "It's a testament. To my mother." She said. "Testament? What kind of testament?" Han asked. Nue didn't answer as she continued to look off to the side with a frown.

"Why do you hate humans, Nue?" Han asked her, glancing at her. "Because they're evil. All they care about is themselves. They're selfish that way. They think whatever they see is evil and that gives them the right to attack. Mother didn't deserve to be ambushed by them. All those wounds on her body... She shouldn't have had to endure that pain." Nue said, her frown softening slightly.

"Back then, I wish I would've lied."

I looked around as Nue's voice spoke. Does she know I'm looking through her memories?

"Back then, I should've told him that my only goal was to get strong. All those times I spent with of the Tailed Beast, I grew to enjoy their company. The only difference between them and the rotten humans was that they weren't entirely human. They had to endure the pain of being rejected. That's what them and the Houjuu Clan had in common; Everyone looked at us as monsters." Nue said.

Is that why she hid her wings and tails from us? Because she was afraid how people would look at her. As if hearing me, Nue said, "Did you really think I was afraid of you humans? No... I was never afraid. In fact, I envied you all. I envied how no one would look at you differently. I envied how you all got along so perfectly. That's what I hated the most about you humans. You all think your lives are perfect. And for that reason... I want you all to die. But before I kill every single one of you, I want you all to feel what I feel... See what I see... Learn how I had to suffer while everyone looked at you differently."

I opened my eyes with a gasp and quickly stood to my feet. So, that's what this is all about. Nue wants revenge so they can feel what she's been through. At the moment when I figured it out, Nue woke up. "Die..."

I gasped when Nue appeared in front of me as I was still inside her mind. She attacked my throat and began to choke me. "Nue... Don't do this. I'm sorry... for what happened to you. But you don't have to do this." I said as I tried to breathe.

"Yes, I do. It's the only way for you humans to understand what's like to be in my place." Nue said, coldly, as she squeezed my neck harder. I have to break the jutsu or I'll die! I quickly undid the jutsu and I was back in my own body.

Nue's POV

I blinked my eyes open as I looked around. "That's right. I'm still in the battlefield." I reminded myself. I looked to my side as I found Kakuzu on top of Kakashi. All of sudden, Kakuzu clutched his heart. "What's happening? Eun, tell me what's going on." I ordered.

"Kakuzu is stuck in Hidan's jutsu." She informed. "What? But how?" I asked. "I really don't wanna get into it right now. I don't like explaining stuff that are unimportant to me." Eun whined. "Man, you're hopeless." I mumbled.

"It's not possible." Kakuzu grunted as he continued to clutch his heart. "That's where you're wrong. That ritual of your partner's... Sorry to tell you this. He used your blood for it." Kakashi stated. Kakuzu fell off Kakashi, onto the ground.

"Kakuzu!" I called, running over to him. Once I was by his side, I was on my knees while I had Kakuzu in my lap. "It can't be. When could you possibly have had the chance?" He grunted as his eyes were wide.

"When I struck you through with my Lightning Blade. At that exact moment, I extracted your blood." Kakashi answered as he sat up. "From the beginning? There's no way..." I mumbled. "No way... That lousy kid... planned that far ahead?" Kakuzu said.

"That's about the size of it. You should've been more careful. This time, you misunderstood your opponent. Asuma gave his life, leaving behind that information. Now way he was going to let it go to waste. You people take lives without hesitation. There's no way you could ever understand the death of what Shikamaru feels." Kakashi said.