Thank God She's Not Hitting On Him

thirteen

About a week later, James's fever had passed and he was feeling remotely well. Thomas had been sleeping on his couch or in bed with James, in a platonic way, and wearing clothes he'd brought in a bag.

"Let's go somewhere." Suggested Thomas as he threw himself down onto the couch. James hadn't left his apartment once in the past week, so neither did Thomas.

"Go where?" James asked, paying little real attention to the new conversation and focusing on the Tv.

"Outside. Anywhere." Thomas grabbed the bag of chips from James's hands and slumped down next to him.

"Well, once you pick a place we will go." James told him and took back the chips.
In the whole week he'd hardly eaten, what he did he struggled to keep down and more often then not failed. He now planned on finishing the whole bag of chips, as a expression of triumph - he was very happy to be in good health again, well, as good as it gets for him.

Thomas groaned and switched bus attention to the TV.
"What's this?"

"Murdoch Mysteries." (Yes I watch it shuddup) James answered upon stuffing chips into his mouth.
Thomas studied him discreetly, noticing how he smiled when certain characters were on screen and frowning at others.
"I ship them so much." He said at one point.

"Who?"

"George and William."

Thomas furrowed his brows. "What about Julia?"

"She can go suck Darcy's dick." James snickered, Thomas chuckled.

"She probably has already." Thomas commented, causing James to somewhat choke on the chips. (You'd probably get this if you've seen it, but they were once engaged.)
Thomas remained quiet for some time, not really paying attention to the show but thinking of where he could take James. Especially at the current time, it being a good few hours into the evening.

"What about a club?" He asks.

"What?" James doesn't turn from the TV.

"Let's go to a club."
James paused the show and considered Thomas's suggestion.
Clubs and the like had never been his scene.

"Why a club?"

Thomas shrugged, "I don't know, it's just a suggestion."

"Okay." He said, deciding to just take the risk

"I'm sorry, did you just agree?" Thomas turned and stared at him with a large deal of fake shock.
"To go to a club?"

"Forget I said anything." James turned back to the show.

"No, no, no, no, no." Thomas stood in front of the TV.
"We are going."

"I changed my mind -"

"Get up and get dressed." Thomas grabbed James's wrists and pulled him up from the couch.
He rolled his eyes as Thomas lead him to his bedroom (subtext) to get ready.
In that fever filled week, James had only showered three times and changed his outfit twice because he felt too sick to move.
"Have a shower." He ordered.

James rolled his eyes and grabbed a random pair of jeans and a shirt from his cupboard before leaving to the bathroom.
He showered quickly and dressed himself, heading back to his room.
His door stood ajar as he'd left it and Thomas surely was still there and changing into a fresh set of clothes from his bag.
James felt his cheeks light up like fire and turned away from the doorway in a hurry.

"James?" Thomas appeared in the doorway, pulling his shirt over his head. James blushed immensely and struggled to keep his eyes in line with Thomas's, not... Anywhere else.

"Yeah?" He tried to sound composed.

After a short moment that seemed to drag on for ages, Thomas shook his head the slightest, as if shaking away a thought.
"Are you ready?"

"Uh, yeah." James turned away and took a few deep breaths as he headed for the door.
"Let's go."

Thomas nodded and grabbed his coat from the couch as he passed.
They headed to the carpark and James opened the door on the drivers side of his car.

"No, no." Thomas ran over and lead James to the passenger side, taking the keys from his hand.
"I'm driving."

James rolled his eyes but didn't object, letting Thomas drive.

Thomas sang along to the radio.

"What was that for?" He whined when James turned the radio off but at that time he was pulling into a park.
Thomas grabbed James's wrist when he exited the car and lead him into the night club
Loud music and purple neon lights is what they were met with upon entering, James already wanted to leave.

Thomas lead James to the bar where they had to show their ID then ordered drinks.
Well, Thomas did while James remained awkward and quiet.

After a short while, they got their drinks and Thomas was already being hit on, James rolled his eyes.
She was a bitchy blonde girl who said her name was Heather, James had to admit she was pretty. As much as Thomas seemed to enjoy it, he quite clearly wasn't interested.
James quietly sipped his drink and tried not to smile at her expression when he turned her down.
She huffed and turned on her heel, heading away in a hissy fit.

"That's new." James commented.

"What?"

"You turning down a pretty girl."

Thomas smirked, "You think she's pretty."
At this James simply rolled his eyes and returned his attention to his drink.
Another drink and short while later, Thomas leant close to James and whispered to him that some girl was checking him out.
James went red at the thought of someone being interested in him.

"She's probably looking at you." He said, not bothering to look himself.

"No, its definitely you." Thomas argued a d finished his drink.
"I'm gonna ask her to come over."

"No, Thom-" James started but Thomas was already making his way over to the girl. James looked over his shoulder now and then, seeing Thomas talking to the girl and pointing to him. She looked and he turned away quickly.

Thomas sat again beside him and the mystery girl on his other side.
"James, this is Cosette." He introduced her, "Cosette, James."

"Hi." She held out her hand to him, he simply waved back.

"Hey." He mumbled, she smiled and chuckled.
Thomas stood and stepped away.

"I gotta go." He excused himself, leaving James and Cosette at the bar.

"So..." She started aimlessly.
"I take it this isn't really your scene?"

"No, it isn't." James sighed and sipped the last of his drink.

"I'm going to be honest here," She said, leaning a little closer.
"I'm only here because my friend dragged me along."

"Me too."
The two remained silent but it wasn't awkward, more of a silent agreement that this night didn't turn out how either had expected.
They bonded over this silence somehow and it wasn't awkward when they discussed what they'd both tell their friend.

Cosette decided on telling her friend that Thomas and James were in a relationship, which he didn't have any bad opinion on for some reason.

Thomas returned and James revealed that Cosette was enjoying a night with her friends and her boyfriend, Marius, showed up.

"Shame." Thomas said.
"Let's have another round."