Mac And Cheese Is Not A Waste!

ten

Peggy and Maria had left an hour or so after the pancakes.
James and Thomas were now driving to Thomas's new complex. James had to follow very poor directions but they eventually made it.

It was a small complex, three stories only. Thomas's apartment was on the third floor, he and James carted his suitcases inside and into the elevator.
His apartment consisted of a bedroom, bathroom, a small kitchen and a lounge room/dining room on suit.

"Not very big." James commented absently.

"It'll do," Thomas shrugged. "At least for a while."
James nodded as he and Thomas set the suitcases down.
The apartment was already furnished blandly,  the walls and curtains were just as dull as the bed and couch, the dining table was a dirt shade of brown and not very appealing.
I'll have to get a table cloth or something, Thomas thought.

Sometime later they decided on heading to the shops as Thomas had nothing to live off.
James let him pick a radio station and regretted it  very much. Thomas would not stop singing!

"We're here." He sighed in relief as he parked in the same spot as earlier that day. The radio turned off as the car did and Thomas kept singing for a moment before realizing the background noise was now quiet.
He got out of the car and walked along side James to the shop's entrance.
Thomas opted for pushing the trolley, only so he could swing around in it though.

They put into the trolley some main necessities like bread and milk (anyone else's family like this or just mine?).
After that, Thomas ordered James to follow him to with the trolley. James did so absent mindedly and when he zoned back into to reality, Thomas was filling the trolley with Mac and Cheese.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting food."

"You can't just get all of that!" James started putting the boxes back on the shelves.

"Why not?" Thomas dropped the boxes back in.

"You need other food- actual food." James argued as he kept putting the boxes back.

"Mac and Cheese is food!"

James rolled his eyes heavily and groaned in annoyance.
"I'm not letting you waste your money on all of that."

Thomas gasped, hand over heart. "Mac and Cheese is not a waste of money!"

"Just put it back," James said casually, "or you can find your own way home."

"Fine." Thomas said and helped James put all the Mac and Cheese back on the shelf.
"But I'm buying these." He kept three in the trolley.
James rolled his eyes but didn't object.
They kept going, James made sure Thomas was buying actual food.
When they finally reached the checkout, the trolley half full, James was very relieved.
He made a mental note to avoid shopping with Thomas as much as he could.
The ride back to Thomas's new apartment was yet again filled with annoying singing by Thomas.

James helped cart the multiple bags up and away in Thomas's apartment.

"Well, that was fun." He sighed with a heavy level of sarcasm as he joined Thomas on the lounge.
The sun was beginning to set, running away from view. The sky wore creamy oranges and reds in its mourning and the light gradually began to fade.
James knew he had work the next day and that he'd have to head home at some point.

"Now what?" Thomas asked flatly, James shrugged.

"I have to work tomorrow." He announced.

"Oh."

The two stayed like that for some time, reclining on the couch and engulfed in each other's silent company.

James closed his eyes and when he opened them again, it was very dark. Thomas was still beside him, fast asleep.
His head was heavy and he felt a little nauseous, he blamed it and hoped it was because he hadn't eaten in a few hours.

James got up slowly, ignoring how his stiff, tired body begged him to sit back down. James didn't want to wake Thomas, so he sent a quick message to his phone for him to see in the morning.
The morning? James thought then checked the time, it was already morning. Very early morning.
He'll see it later. He sighed and snuck the apartment, heading down the steps and waving tiredly at the land lady half asleep behind the front desk.

(IVR NO TIME TO WRITE FOR MAYBE THE NEXT THREE DAYS AND I HAVE HAD NAPLAN ALL WEEK I JUST NEEDED TO QUICKLY GET SOMETHING DOWN SO PLEASE ENJOY THIS FAILURE)