Elena looked at the duo confused and questioned the two girls at her side, "did I miss something?"

"They've been hanging out," Bonnie explained.

"Kind of weird, don't you think?" Elena questioned.

Emily shrugged, "I think he's good for Caroline. Someone that actually cares for her."

Bonnie nodded in agreement, "instead of a homicidal vampire like Damon."

Emily looked over at the Bennett witch in worry, "how have you been dealing with everything?" Emily was worried about the dark haired girl since the whole finding about vampires and of course being attacked.

"I'm freaked out," Bonnie stated. "Damon attacked me. I could be dead right now." Bonnie glanced over to Elena, "but I'm also grateful."

"Hmm?" Elena mumbled.

"To Stefan," Bonnie explained to the younger Gilbert twin. "He saved my life and..." Bonnie trailed off before asking carefully, "have you seen him?"

Elena pulled her locker open before throwing her scarf in and sighed, "not since he told me he was leaving." Elena mumbled, "for all I know, he's already gone."

Emily leaned against one of the grey lockers and gave her sister a pointed look, "come on, Lena. he's not just going to leave without saying bye. He's only doing this so you won't get hurt."

Elena huffed, "that's the problem, he thinks he's protecting me. Clean break and all that."

"So, what are you going to do?" Bonnie questioned Elena.

"What am I supposed to do?" Elena mumbled. "I already begged him not to go. If I ask again, I'm being selfish. It is what it is."

The three girls began walking through the hallways once again before Bonnie tried to console her best friend, "maybe it's for the best."

Elena came to sudden stop and looked at Bonnie confused, "what? Why?"

Bonnie shrugged softly, "I mean, what kind of future could you have had with him, even if he stayed?"

Before Elena could respond a banner that was hung in the middle of the hallway. The three girls glanced down at the banner, and it read, 'The Promise of your Future'. Elena looked over at Bonnie and mumbled, "did you just?"

Bonnie quickly shook her head, "no, I swear."

"Oh, God," Elena huffed. She lifted up the blue banner and quickly walked away. Emily sighed and looked over at Bonnie with a sad expression before the two girls quickly followed after the confused and sadden Elena Gilbert.

Once the final bell rang for the end of the day, Emily and Elena made their way to the oldest Gilbert's car. But before they could make it to the parking lot, Emily spotted a familiar someone she hasn't seen a few days. Emily nudged her sister's shoulder and pointed with her head to the younger Salvatore who was sitting on one of the many red tables around the school.

When the two girls got closer, Stefan suddenly stood up and spoke softly, "hi. We need to talk." The two nodded their heads and listened quietly while Stefan explained what he had found out from the sheriff this morning.

"So, you have no idea who it could be?" Elena questioned after a moment.

Stefan shook his head, "none." Stefan glanced at the two girls and continued, "it must be somebody new because leaving a body like that, they're either sloppy or they're trying to send a message."

"Are you positive it's not Damon?" Emily questioned. You never know what Damon will do, he's unpredictable.

"Well, I'm never sure about Damon," Stefan told Emily before continuing, "but he's been trying to keep a low profile lately, so it just doesn't make any sense to me."