chapter 94 | the skipping time chapter

" It feels wrong leaving withou Lexi. " Shayne told everyone as they boarded the plane.

" It's been a week and she hasn't stabilized her blood flow. " He said with a sad tone. He handed his ticket to the lady and she scanned it.

" It takes time, Shayne. They said that they could air lift her to L.A once we settle back in, so she's closer to us. " Joe reminded him, as he followed behind.

He sighed and got onto the dreadful 5 hours flight home.

" Isabelle, " Anthony put his luggage away and sat beside her in the plane. She boarded first before everyone, but somehow she forgot that they all had the same seats.

" I'm sorry. I just thought you knew. " He said as he buckled his seatbelt. She wiped her tears but flashed a smile. " It's okay. It's just hard to take in, you know? "

" I do, I really do. Not knowing about Lexi is already hard enough, I just, I'm heartbroken for you, " He spoked quietly, " And I'm sorry for your loss. "

She took a deep breath and looked at the rest of the crew members board the plane.

" It's fine, Anthony. We were going to be seperated again anyways, and he could have caused so much more damage.. Maybe it was for the best. " She explained.

You guys remember when the nurse asked Shayne if he knew Craig? Well, he didn't. But he knew that Alexis' legal name is Evans.

He was told that he had passed not only due to his injuries, but an overdose of drugs he was taking.

It didn't come to a shock for Anthony. He had thought he was in prison for the rest of his life, like Lexi explained. He didn't think he would ever hear of him again.

" It's just hard, I thought after this, we could come back as a family. Reunite with Emily, " She cried softly, but Anthony wasn't too sure about that. " They wouldn't have want that. "

" Of course, they would. Family means most to them. " He didn't want to seem rude, but it came off like that. She was on defense about what he said, but she knew in her heart, that couldn't be true.

" You're talking non-sense. " She stopped him, " I'm serious. The things he did to them, Emily was glad that she was where she was. "

If they weren't in a plane, she would have totally slapped him. But she had to endure him for another 5 hours.

Shortly after, life started to go back to normal.

Of course, there were slight adjustements.

For starters, Alexis' mom stayed with Anthony. Which was a big change for him, but he dealt with it calmly. She had nowhere to go, so he took her in.

Secondly, Smosh videos on all channels, started going back online slowly and slowly as Shayne returned to work, little by little.

Third, the reunion that was Emily and Shayne was the most heart warming thing you would ever see. I'll spare the details, but let's just say, they had a much stronger bond after. Don't worry, I'll get back to that.

And last but not least, Alexis was transfered to the Los Angeles hospital. It was for the best, so they could visit her quicker when she wakes up.

If she wakes up.

" We'll be back. " Noah looked at Olivia and Shayne walk to ICU. He was too afraid to actually see her in person. He still felt like he caused it.

" Don't think about it too much. It's not your fault. " Keith reassured him. The whole Squad was 'visiting' Alexis.

" Like Isabelle said, this was all a plan. A fucked up plan that was going on for months on end. " Courtney chimmed in, " It was absolutely not your fault, okay? Now stop worrying. "

Even if that was true, which it is, if he wouldn't have yelled at her, she wouldn't have left on that day and be kidnapped.

" Noah, " Keith snapped his fingers in front of his face, " Yeah, what? " He answered. Keith rolled his eyes and let out a small 'forget it' as he saw the lack of attention he was giving.

Shayne walked back into the waiting room, a few minutes later.

" The nurse said visiting hours end a bit earlier today so, you guys can go in all at once. " All three of them got up to their seats, but only two actually headed towards her room.

" Are you coming? " Shayne asked Noah as he saw him stay behind. He shook his head and sat back down. He didn't feel good.

" Shayne, I gotta talk to you for a sec. " Noah told him. He got confused and sat down in the seat Keith was last in. " What's up? "

" I'm sorry. For everything. " He apologized. " Noah, you don't have too. Look, that's past- Exactly. But, when I was in reha- you were in rehab? " Shayne spoke, then Noah cut him off then Shayne cut him off again.

" While you were, well what we thought is that you were dead.. Well, we all got some psych tests done. Trauma things. I just checked myself into a anger management program to figure out my anger I had for you. " He confsessed.

" Wow, you must of really hated me if you did that. " Shayne was a little taken back. He couldn't believe one of his best friends was that angry.

" Look, I learned that I was a jealous, over protective guy. I shouldn't have done that to you. Nor to Lex, and I'm really sorry. I feel terrible. I've been feeling like crap for months. " He apologized over and over, again.

" Like she said at the BBQ, " Shayne got goose bumps as he remembered the night of his kidnap, " You were mad and that's okay. I would be too if you did this to me. "

They smiled at each other and gave each other a bro fist.

" Let's just move on forward our lives, okay? No more girls in between this friendship. " Shayne took the high road, waiting for Noah to join.  " Definitely. " Noah agreed.

" Shayne! Noah! " Olivia came running in the waiting room, kind of ruinning the moment.

" She woke up! Lexi woke up! " She yelled excitedly. Residents telling her to keep quiet.

" She actually woke up? " Shayne was flabbergasted. Olivia nodded her head rapidly and they all ran to her room, grabbing their phones from their pockets to texts everyone else. Which they shouldn't have done.

But we'll get back to that.