chapter 86 | the lockdown

" Guys, " Ian interrupted filming, " They're interviewing everybody in the building that was at the party. Maybe it's going to lead them a path to Shayne and Lexi. " Ian explained as he walked into the Smosh Games studio with two police officers.

All of them were at their computers, filming a segment that they didn't even hear what happened.

" We're on lockdown, by the way. " He added. He turned back towards the men and they gestured to talk to Mari, first.

" Mari, " He gestured her to follow them, " Come with us, miss. "

She followed them to Ian's office as he sent them up there.

But we'll get back to her in a bit.

" What's going on? " Flitz asked, as he soon realized that Ian's eyes were blood shot red and puffy.

" Alexis and Shayne aren't missing anymore, " He sniffled and the rest of them gasped in joy. " That's great! " Sohinki clapped his hands together.

" Is it not? " He questionned as he saw the lack of reaction by Ian, " They're not missing anymore because they were murdered. "

Ian's facial expressions we're upsetting. He didn't realize how hard it would be to tell his office everything that was happening.

All he could think of was the evidence the police men showed him about 10 minutes earlier.

The gasps fell from their lips. Not sure how to react to this.

Two of their close ones that they saw just days prior to this moment, happy and joyful together.. were found dead and they didn't know how or why.

" But, how? " Lasercorn asked, even though the subject was fragile.

" I don't know how. This morning, they received a letter and it contained evidence that Shayne and Alexis were both dead. "

The pictures were graphic. Oh yes, they sent pictures. Not just letters. I'll spare you the details, but it was something he couldn't unsee.

" Can't they retraced the letter or look for prints? " Ian nodded his head at Flitz, " Untraceable. The person wiped it clean. "

He slid down the door and cried.

" They were so young. So young. They were in love and they get killed. " He sobbed. Others didn't reassure him, they joined him instead.

" I'm not liking this suspense. " Keith tapped his foot impatiently, as they were still on lockdown.

" This isn't a movie, Keith. This is real. " Noah looked at his from the corner of his eye. " Shut up, Noah. You caused it. " He fought back.

" How did I cause the lockdown?! " He snapped at his best friend. " If you had just shut your damn mouth in the first place, she wouldn't be missing! "

" Who's the one who told me about them, first of all? " All of them turned their heads towards Keith. " Y'all, I had too. "

" No, no you didn't. " Courtney gave herself a facepalm, " Keith, you're so stupid! They had just broken up too, it wouldn't have mattered to Noah! "

" They what? " Noah asked. Olivia was going to answering but they heard a piercing scream coming from down the hall of the Smosh Games studio.

" Guys! " Wes warned, " We can't leave. " He made them realize, " But I'd kill to know what's going on. "

To Jovenshire : What's going down there?
From Jovenshire : Brace yourself for this

" Your relation to Alexis and Shayne is? " An officer asked her with a pad and pen. " Um, " She said nervously. She had pressure of being the first one questionned, and also two cops were staring her down.

It was worst than a Lasercorn stare.

" It's okay, take your time. " He reassured her.

" She's my best friend, " She answered, " He's a coworker but also, Lexi's ex-boyfriend. " Both men wrote on the pad and cercled it roughly.

" How long did their relationship last? "

" They've been on and off for a year. Well, they dated for six months last year because she started dating Noah, " She said from memory. " And they started dating again, last month. " She calculated the times Alexis told her about him.

" They broke up on friday. " The police officer nodded his head. " The day they went missing? "

" Shayne's missing too? " She asked them.

" Miss, they're not only missing.. " He paused, and took a deep breath. It was never easy for officers to break this news to people.

What they told her next, was dreadful.

She screamed a sob that everyone heard. That she didn't even know she had inside of her. She couldn't bare with the fact her best friend was murdered.

" No, no, " She was indenial. I mean how else would you react if your best friend was dead, three days after she went missing.

" I think, we have enough information from your side. If you can show us where this Noah guy is, you'll be free to go. "

She wiped her tears but they still kept coming. She stood up and obliged to the police. Everyone saw her walk down the office, sobbing uncontrollably but still managing to get to the Squad.

" Mari, " Wes ran up to her and she let herself go in his arms. " We're looking for Noah Grossman? Gross-men? "

" It was correct the first time, " He told the officer as he stood up, " But it's me. " He looked at Mari who was incoherent and crying. Wes asked her what happened but she waited for Noah to leave.

" Come with us, sir. " The Squad watched as Noah left in horror about the events about to happen. " Mari, babe, " Courtney walked over to Wes to help her up on her feet again.

" What happened? " They walked her towards the couch in the office.

" They're... dead. " She stared blankly into the wall in front of her. Everyone's mouth fell open and they dropped silent. They took in a few breaths before Olivia started to cry.

" They're.. gone? " Her voice cracked. Mari nodded her head and the crying started all over again.

" If you take the 405, you'll get there faster. "

" We're on the run, we just need to get out of the state faster. "

" There's been no reports yet, we're going to be fine. "