chapter 26 | the piggyback ride

(Noah's POV)

New York was great. Life is awesome. The movie was coming along nicely. People were nice and I got more and more recognition after a small trailer was released.

" Noah! What is your call time? " Ashley yelled from the bathroom. " Not for another 5 hours. " She rushed out in only underwear and a bra. It was nothing I hadn't seen before since in the movie, we were a couple and.. anyways. We were pretty much comfortable.

" Shoot, can I have a ride to work then? I have call time in 20 and I gotta finish my makeup. " She asked, rushing to get clothes on. I laughed cause she never remembered that we had hair and makeup done on set, but I accepted.

I took the car keys from her kitchen counter and we both kind of ran to her car. She got into the passenger seat, immediately starting her makeup. The drive wasn't too long, within 10 minutes, we were there and her makeup was already done.

" Thanks Noah, you're the best. " She leaned over the seat and kissed me, and ran out.

What the hell.

(Author's POV)

" Needed help with my science homework, " Alexis stuck her tongue out when Shayne entered Anthony's office. He laughed and played along with what he thought was a little joke.

She literally did need help with her science homework.

" Nick Uhas is actually gonna be here soon, maybe he can help us out. " He suggested, looking over the work. " You really don't understand it? " She bit her lip. " I'll try. "

He clearly did understand the work, since he almost completed it till the last question. He would explain the number every now and then. Then, he gave it back to her for her to finish, to see if she understood his explanations.

" I think you're doing a pretty good job, you should maybe finish it. " She laughed, playing games on her phone. " Did you really get me out of work to finish your work? " He chuckled, looking up from the sheet of work. She shrugged, " Maybe. "

" You're the worst. " He laughed, finishing the last number.

It took him another 5 minutes and he handed it over to her. " You owe me, big time. " He stood up from the couch. " Staaaaay. " She whined. " I have to get back to work, you lost me 45 minutes already. "

She gave him her puppy dog look, and he just chuckled. " Oh no, Anthony told me you did that a lot. Not falling for it. " He said, walking out of the door. She got up from the couch and followed him outside, jumping onto his back.

She latched onto him and he kinda accepted it and carried her around the office on his back, making sound effects. It was basically a piggy back ride. What made it funny was the difference of size. Shayne's whole body hid basically all of her petite body, so all you saw was a running Shayne with two more sets of limbs coming from his head.

Everyone looked at them like they were crazy, but it was way too funny to not film it. Wes, Flitz and Mari took their cameras out to film it, probably posting it on Snapchat or Twitter.

They ran around till they reached back the Smosh Squad studio's, to see Anthony, Courtney, Olivia, Keith and Ian wiggled his eyebrows as they entered the room. Only Shayne caught on with what they were doing, Alexis was too busy laughing, getting down from his back.

" That things we do to keep ourselves sane in the office. " Ian joked. " Get yourselves a Shayne for faster ways to get from meeting to meeting. " He said like an announcer, making them all laugh.

Anthony looked at his sister, finally happy. After a few weeks of tears and disappointment to herself, she finally looked like she enjoyed her life again. He was happy to see her back to her joyful self again.

" I gotta head back now, but thanks for the help Shayne. " She said towards him. " Yeah, no problem. " And he sat back down with the squad. She stood a door, biting her lip, resisting to say something.

" Yes Lexi? Anything you might want to ask? " Anthony persuaded her to continue. He was referencing the small talk they had earlier in the office before Shayne arrived.

" Are you letting me disturb your worker for school purposes? " Alexis' little head popped up from the door. " Depends who. " He looked up from his computer.

" Who else helps me with my homework? " She laughed, entering his office. She took out her books and installed herself on the table. " You know Lex, I think he has a crush on you. "

" Non-sense, I'm not falling for another boy from Smosh. No, thank you. " She laughed. " Even if Shayne is really the good guy? " Anthony smiled cheekily towards his sister.

" Stop trying to hook me up with Shayne. You and Ian are constantly on my back for that. " She threw her eraser at him. " You'd be cute together. Better than you know. "

She shook her head, gesturing for Anthony to throw her erased back at her. " I'll throw it back if you agree to go on one date with him. " She let a small scoff, furrowing her eyebrows. " I'll live without my erased, then. "

" Oh, come on Lexi. You know you want too. Don't those biceps just make you fall in love? " He joked. " You're nuts. " She laughed. " And he is nuts about you, " He paused, " Well, that's what I'm getting like vibe from him whenever he's over. "

" You think so? " He nodded. " Come on, eraser for a date? "

" Shayne, can I speak to you actually? " She said before leaving. He stood up again and stepped outside of the studio with her. " Sup ? " Why was that he's go to catch phrase?

" I was just wondering if you wanted to maybe hang out sometime. " She played with her hands, her nervous side coming out. " I mean we hang out all th- oh. " He realized in what way she meant 'hang out'. He let out a nervous laughter but smiled.

" Yeah Lexi, I'd love to go on a date with you. "