chapter 78 | the ship name

Ian sat up straight from his desk, as he saw the blond girl walk pass his office.

Anthony doing the same as she also passed his door. But, he peaked out his office to see if it was actually her. She walked straight past them and went into the Squad's studios.

" Hey, what are you doing here? " Olivia asked as soon she saw her. " I'm looking for Shayne, actually. "

Courtney and Olivia looked at her with a smirk because they knew what this was about, but it faded when they saw Noah coming back to the studios.

" I thought he was off? " She half-yelled, half-whispered, hiding behind the door. " We forgot to tell you, his appointment got changed. "

Alexis widened her eyes at her ex-fiancé coming closer to her. The door was see-through.

" Wow, hey. How are you? " He asked as soon as he saw her. " I'm doing good. Just enjoying summer. How about you? "

The tension in the room was settle. They weren't awkward with each other, they seemed friendly. They haven't spoken in over a month, because if we all remember, they were over. There was no more turning back for them.

" Good, good. You look great. Nice haircut. " He complimented his ex, as she had cut her hair shorter and dyed it just a bit lighter to get change after the breakup. " Thanks Noah, you don't look too bad yourself. Like the side beard that's starting. "

He chuckled lightly and pretend to scruff his beard up.

They gave each other a small hug before he went back to his desk.

" Wow. You guys look like you never dated. " Olivia commented, surprised on how they interacted. " Trust me, we've been putting everything past us for weeks now. I barely recognize him. "

They walked out of the studio and walked around the office, catching up as they hadn't seen her in a week after her prom festivities.

" So, when are you going to ask him? " Courtney said. " I'm not! I thought we went over this! " Alexis chuckled, as she turned to face the girls.

But as soon as she turned, she was faced towards Shayne.

" Hi, woah, hey, how did you get here? " She almost hit his chest. Courtney and Olivia giggling like little school girls behind him. " I work here. " He laughed.  " I meant, in our line of conversation. "

" Right about when you guys walked out. " He said, gesturing her to walk with him. Which she did, she followed him to the coffee room. Both girls now leaving them alone.

" You had to ask me something? " He said, pouring himself a cup. She shook her head, " No, no. It's nothing. " She got herself a cup too.

" Hm, didn't seem like nothing with the girls. "

" Oh you know how we like to over exaggerate things. " She smiled innocently. " We'll say. " He laughed.

Where were they walking to? They kind of just did an office round. Wait, doesn't he have work to do?

" What are you doing at the office, anyways? I don't remember seeing you in a script for an EBE? " He asked her, now passing in front of Ian and Anthony's office a second time.

" I, um, just wanted to say hey to the Squad. I have been busy so I just, you know. " She stuttered every word in that sentence. Not even sure why she was sure. Well, she knew, but she decided not to do it.

" You sure about that? You left the two girls behind. " He chuckled. She turned around and realized the girls were in fact gone. " Huh. " She chuckled.

" Come on, Lexi. We talk about everything that is anything. " He poked her sides, teasing her. " That was before everything happened, Shayne. "

He stopped and her laughter fell. Way to make it weird.

" Sorry, I didn't mean it like we're not close anymore. I just mean, we haven't talked a lot. " He nodded his head. " I get it. We should talk about that. "

They turned the corner towards Smosh Games' side of the office, Mari spotting both of them from afar.

" Is that Alexis? " Sohinki came closely behind her. They let them walk further before the followed behind, picking up props on their way to hide their faces.

" Why is she here? Wait, since when does she still talk to Shayne? I thought you said they were over? " Sohinki whispered, concealing his face with a bright orange nerf gun.

" They were, unless she's asking him out again. " Mari whsipered behind big red stop sign. They weren't being very settle with their props.

They saw Shayne point at something and heard Alexis laughing.

" And if you stop abruptly, " They both stopped, " Sohinki and Mari will come out of their hidding props. "

Both of them emerged from their hidding and smiled awkward at the blonde couple.

Couple of friends. Sorry.

" Hey bestie, was just wondering why you were here without coming to see me? " Mari smiled, doing a little shoulder move to hide her spying fail.

" We can talk later, Mari. " Alexis laughed, giving her a hug. " Hey Sohin. " She said as she also gave him a hug.

" Can I know too? " He asked cutely. Shayne nodded his head, " Let's walk. " He gestured Sohinki to follow him. Both of them took one of the Smosh Games members and walked away, in different parts of the office.

" So it this a new chapter for Slexis? " Mari.

" I hate ship name. " Alexis.

" Is Slexis coming back together? " Sohinki.

" Our ship name sounds like a snake. " Shayne.

" Stop avoiding it the question, Lexi. " Mari.

" You can still answer the question. " Sohinki.

Both they stayed silent as they roamed the office with the other gamer.

They ended meeting each other mid-way again and slowly their gazes met again. The little small flirty eyes they used to have, reapppeared infront of them.

" Oh, they are totally hooking up again. " Mari smirked and Sohinki smiled devilishy, agreeing.

" Shut up. " Alexis smiled up at Shayne, him imitating her moves.