chapter 91 | the escape

" SHAYNE, RUN. " Isabelle yelled as Shayne bolted.

Alexis tried to remove herself from the chains, but it was locked. She couldn't.

" Shayne! " She cried, as she saw him run out. She wanted him to come back and take her with him, but it seemed too late.

" How could you?! " She yelled at her mother. Isabelle ran immediately towards Alexis and untangled her from the chair.

" This is part of the plan, stay behind me. I promise. " She told her, as she aimed the gun once more.

Alexis let out a piercing scream as she saw her father collapse on the floor.

Isabelle had pointed the gun straight towards her father's chest and she shot him straight into his chest.

" Mom, " Alexis looked back at her mother. She put the gun away, dropping to her knees. Just like her daughter, she sobbed as soon as she hit the floor. Maybe that's where Alexis got it from.

" Mom, you ki-lled him. " Alexis stuttered. She walked over to him, to check his pulse but she felt nothing.

She looked back at her mother and just stood there, in shock. The man that she once knew to be her hero and then her worst nightmare, was now laying dead, bleeding out on the floor in front of her.

" I had to save my babies. " Alexis turned back towards her and went to her mother. For the first time in 12 years, she gave her a hug.

The connection she felt by the hug was surreal.

Well, that's because it wasn't surreal. It felt like she had a huge weight on her back.

That's because she did.

Her father had tooken the gun that Shayne dropped when he left and shot Alexis in the back. They weren't hugging. Her mother just caught her before she fell face first to the floor.

They heard the sirens, they heard the helicopters above them.

" Alexis, breathe, help is right outside! " Isabelle held onto her daugther as she stared behind her. Craig was still alive, maybe Alexis just didn't know to feel the right place.

They heard multiple people run in and Isabelle screamed for help.

" Lexi! " Shayne ran towards them as he saw his girlfriend in the arms of her mother, now weak and pale.

" We have a 207 situation, far off from highway 702. We have the helicopter surrounding the cabin. " A police officer said into his walkie-talkie.

" Shayne Topp and Alexis Padilla have been safely found. "  Another said.

" We have a female and male shot. We're gonna need immediate medical help. " More and more policemen assisted the situation and went over to help the two shot victims.

Shayne took Alexis in his arms. Alexis' eyes started to flutter close as she felt herself getting weaker.

" Lexi, stay awake. " Shayne begged, using his free hand to gently tap her face. " Don't die on me! " He cried, watching her do her best to stay awake.

" I love you. " She said very softly, before her eyes shut and breathing got slower.

" We're gonna have to start CPR, NOW. "

It was the day before the funeral. Everyone was still at Ian's as they were setting up more programs for the families who were going to attend.

" Keith, your phone's ringing! " Mari yelled from the kitchen. He rushed to them and picked up his phone, without looking at the caller ID.

" Hello? "

" Keith! Keith oh thank god you answered! " Keith gasped so loud, he had startled everyone.

" It's Shayne! I'm alive! Alexis too! Okay, listen to me, " There was a lot of static, but he heard him. He heard him perfectly.

" Dude, where are you? I'm gonna call for help! " Keith panicked for him. The other members confused. He put him on speaker for everyone to hear.

" It's okay. We got help! It's on it's way. " Shayne was mumbling most of his words, but it was probably cause he was in shock. Everyone gasped.

" Shayne! " Everyone felt a weight lift from their shoulders.

" I was told that we were filed as dead, but we're not! Okay! We're in Las Vegas, with Alexis' dad and her mom! Please tell everyone we're alive, especially Anthony!!! "

Everyone in the kitchen looked at each other, either a bit confused, relieved and saddened but they were mainly happy.

" Buddy, I'm so happy you called. Go get the help you need, call me from the station, okay? " Keith told him as he heard sirens in the background.

" Stay safe. " He quickly added before he hung up.  Ian ran quick to Anthony, as everyone followed behind.

" Alexis, breathe. "

" Don't die on me, Lexi! "

They had been performing CPR viciously on Alexis for a few minutes, but no progress was being made. That's when they decided to air lift her straight to the hospital.

It took the ambulance 20 minutes to find the cabin, but they found it. They put Craig up on the gurney, and wheeled him away.

" Are you guys okay? " A medic and a police came to talk to Shayne and Isabelle. They nodded their heads, but they still had to do a check up.

" State name, and relation to the victims. "

" Shayne Topp, Alexis is my girlfriend and Craig is her father. "

" Isabelle Evans, my daughter and husband. " The cops' widdened their eyes.

" Ma'am, you were pronounced dead twelve years ago. That's why he was sent to court, to file sole custody of your children. " He explained to her.

" I'm aware. I've been with him for all those years, though. Please ask me any question, I have all the answers. "

They guided them outside of the cabin, where now local news reporters where surrounding the place.

They closed the door behind them, taping it shut and now, the real investigation case was going to be taking in the station.

" Shayne, for weeks fans mourned over the lost of Smosh member. Any messages for them? " A Buzzfeed reporter stopped before getting into the police car.

" No questio- Just one. " Shayne stopped the police man for a second. He wanted to answer this one.

" I'm alive. I'm well. But please, please send your prayers for Alexis. Something has happened and just please. " He said, before entering the cop car.

This was their ride to freedom.