chapter 15 | the secret

(Anthony's POV)

" Dude, did you really fire Noah? " Ian asked, walking into my office, the following Monday. " No, he just never showed up. "

" Considering that you beat him up, it's understandable. " Matt Raub said from the couch. " We have missed two days already of filming for his show, I think you should call him. "

Ever since last monday, Noah stopped showing up to work. He hadn't tweeted or showed any social interaction at all. Keith told us he wasn't answering his phone, and no one knew where he lived, so no one visited him.

Personally, I started to feel bad for what I had done. I mean, I don't think I was in the right mind set at the time. I admit, I had gone a little bit overboard when I punched him but I didn't know what else to react. With Lexi's past life, I didn't know Noah's intentions towards my sister. Did he take advantage of her drunken state?

Speaking about Lexi, she also dissapeared. She hasn't returned my calls or texts, and our mom told me that she didn't come home to her, either. We were starting to get worried about them.

" Just apologize, explain yourself. " Ian said, setting down a new script onto my desk. " Why did you hit him? " Matt asked. " It's a long story. "

" Trust me, it's a really long story. " Ian said. Matt sighed because I still never fully adressed the Alexis' story. I mean, when me and Noah fought, obviously I confirmed that she was my sister, but the days after that I never explained how did she so suddenly popped up into my life or why I never mentionned her. On top of that, I had to explain myself to why I freaked out on Noah for the party and.. it's just too much explaining to do. We're busy people.

" We can't shoot any of our squad vlogs, or other shows without Noah. " Courtney said, walking in with the rest of the squad. " He's not active anymore, the fans are starting to question stuff! "

" What can I do? He won't answer his calls, we don't know where he lives. What do you want me to say? " I told them. " Apologize? Explain? Something to why you just beat him up! " Olivia snapped.

" Look, we know you don't want to talk about it, but maybe you should! Maybe we would understand more on why you decided that beating him up for what he did with her was the best idea, maybe we could text him that and he could come back and talk to you. " She added, sounding a little defeated.

" She has a point. You've kept it long enough. At this point, it's just gonna keep causing more damage if you don't explain it. " Matt interfered with our conversation. They all looked at me with tension, that I finally decided to adress it.

" Fine. Set up a meeting after lunch. We're gonna find a way to get Noah back. "

(Author's POV)

See, on the contrary, Noah was doing fine. He was in his own appartement, playing video games, working from home, re-evaluating his current job.

Was it safe for him to go back?

" Noah? " He turned around to looked at the source of the voice. Not surprised that she was still there, she had been taking care of him for a few days after he went to the hospital, for his broken nose.

She smiled at him and he stood from his chair, walking towards her. She was wearing his avocado shirt as she hadn't gotten time to go home, yet. " You look better in it than I do. " He smiled.

" We have to remove the stitches, today. " She said, grabbing the car keys from the counter. He nodded his head and followed her to the car.

They both drove the 20 minute drive, talking about his fear to get back to work, or if he should even continue working there.

" I think you should go back. " She said, softly. " I'm afraid he's gonna hit me again. He was really mad at me. " Noah feared going back to the office because of Anthony.

" He was being protective. It's not his fault. If you had a sister and she had been through a lot, wouldn't you be a little bit protective too? " She asked him, pulling into the parking lot of the clinic.

He thought about it for a second and sighed. He knew she was right. He would be protective of his sister if he didn't like the vibe he got from a guy, or even knowing her past and being afraid for her.

" I'm sure he's gonna want you back. And if you answered their calls, maybe you would realise that hiding out for so long wasn't the best idea. " She said, hopping out of the car.

" You're no better, Lex. You stayed with me while I hid. " He told her, walking up to her side, linking hands. " But I'm not scared of Anthony. I just chose not to go back there, let him cool off. "

Alexis and Noah walked into the clinic, not realising of the people they would find in there.

" Noah ! "