chapter 2 | the escape

"1.."

Alexis sitting on the frame of the window, staring at her sister. Emily cried and shook her head. " I love you, stay safe. I'm coming back for you. "

The door slammed opened and Alexis bolted.

She picked up her duffle bag and ran as fast as she could down the street. She passed her school but didn't stop till she got onto the main street. She was out of breath but she wanted to be sure that her father hadn't followed her.

She collasped at the intersection of the street, catching her breath. She was bruised, she was messy, she was sweaty.. she was free. She sat in the grass, beside a bus stop and a rather smelly garbage, not knowing where to go next. She didn't know where she was. She looked around and nothing seemed familiar. She had never been this far in the town at all. Her father never took them places.

" Oh my god, are you okay?! " She heard a male voice behind her. She turned around slowly and saw a tall, brown emo haired boy. She tried to respond but her social skills weren't the best, she never had interaction, ever.

" Here, take this. " The boy said, crounching down to her size and handing her his bottle of water. And she chugged it down really fast. " Thank you. " She managed to say after a few moments.

" You sure you're okay? " He asked her again, inspecting her a little bit. " Just out for a run, that's all. " She shrugged. " No one runs with a duffle bag full of clothing unless they're running away. " He chuckled.

She looked at him innocently, and shrugged again. His chuckle faded and he stood up. He gave his hand out for her to get up as well, but he was still shocked.

" Woah, sorry. I didn't mean it like it was a bad thing. " He said, defensively. " It's okay. I never thought of doing it, it kinda just happened. " She lied.

" If you're running away, where are you going? You look a little young to be roaming around on your own. " He asked.

" I think my birthday is soon, or maybe it past. I'm not sure, but I think I'm 13. " He backed away again. " Okay, this is gonna sound really bad but get into my car and I'm gonna take you somewhere safer. "

The boy soon realised that this girl had problems. From the bruised and cuts he saw on her body, to the running away sentence and now, she doesn't know her age? Something was up. He felt as if he needed to help her.

" It's rather sweet of you, but I need to find myself a place to stay and stuff. " She said politely. " I can help you with that, but please. I don't think it's safe for you to be in public, right now. "

She froze a bit because she had just met this guy and she remembered her mother telling her at a very young age, to never let a boy hurt you.

" Okay, yeah. Thank you. So much. " she said, not realizing how lucky she was that she found a nice man, offering help at the literal moment she left.

" Call me Anthony. "