chapter 41 | the truth

(A/N : I can't believe it took me 41 chapters before getting to the main reason why I started this fanfic. I planned it out for a long time and I'm finally getting to the juicy part of the story. Thank you for reading! )

" Well isn't my two favorite boys. " Alexis exclaimed as Anthony and Shayne walked in the house, friday night.

She was finishing her projects on the kitchen table, and the boys just came back from work.

" Missed you this week. " She said, walking over to Shayne for a hug. He kissed her forehead, keeping her in a tight embrace.

" How was work? " She asked the two of them, hugging him tighter as she didn't see Shayne all week because of the video schedueling. She barely even saw Anthony.

" Good. We caught up on a lot of EBEs that we didn't film since Noah was gone. " Anthony answered, looking through the pantry of food.

" You guys want burgers or something? " He asked the couple, as he found nothing in the pantry. " You going across the street or driving out? " Alexis asked him.

" Guess you both could use the time to catch up, I'll drive somewhere. " He smirked at Shayne. " Protection you two. " He called out as he grabbed his keys and headed out.

" I mean we do have the house to ourselves right now. " She wrapped her arms around Shayne's neck. She kissed him, or tried too, but he pulled away.

She gave him a frown and he kissed her forehead, walking to the living room.

" You okay? " She followed him and sat down on the couch with him. He put up his feet on the table and laid out on the couch.

" I'm just sleepy. Been overworking. " He answered, now checking his phone. She got up and sat down beside him, cuddling under his arm.

She stroked his chest up and down with her hand, putting him in a relaxing mood. He put away his phone and laid his head on hers and they just sat there in silence.

To Alexis, it was just a typical friday night where Shayne was tired and just wanted to sleep. To Shayne, he was thinking about things that happened with Noah. Actually, he was still thinking about the elevator ride that happened about a week ago, where the truth came out.

" Alexis, " He sat up straight, her arm stroking immediately stopped as he said he full name, " Can I ask you something? "

She put her feet up on the couch and held her knees close to her, frowning even more now.

" What happened in New York? " He turned his head towards her. He knew he would regret ever asking that but not knowing killed him.

" Nothing happened. I just went there to runaway. " She shook her head, trying to escape the memories now flodding back into her mind, " Why are you asking? Did he say something? "

" He didn't, I just always wanted to know. " He lied to her, but it's not like she never lied to him. Well that's what he's thinking.

" Why are you being weird? " She asked him, standing up. She was nervous or stressed and she had to move around to calm herself.

" I'm not being weird, it was just a question. "  He snapped. Oh no, angry Shayne is coming.

" You never questionned my past before. Why is it you question it now? " She asked him, making circles around the table. " You're overthinking it. It was just a stupid question. Just let it go. "

He stood up as well, walking away from her again. She put her hands on her hips and let out a groan. She was frustrated.

" No, ask your question. You obviously know the answer already but go ahead. " She followed him into the dining room. He stood at the window, looking out of it.

" Here, right here. " He pointed at his spot that he was at, "  I first saw you here while playing beer pong versus Mari, while you didn't realise I existed because you're too busy swapping spit with Noah. "

" Where the hell are you going with this? " She asked, not fully aware of his words and sentences coming out of his month.

" You told me, I was your first. You made believe no man did what we did the night we celebrated our first month together. " He said, looking up from the floor.

She froze in place. Everything she talked about with Noah about the party was in the back of her mind.

" Are you really mad at that? Seriously ? " She asked him, her tone of voice quieter. " Not mad, upset you had to lie to me about it. I had to find out by Noa- See, I knew you talked to him. " She cut him off.

" Well, someone has to tell me about you. You never talk to me about these things. " He said approaching her. " You didn't have to ask Noah about me! Out of all people, you asked the guy th-"

He interrupted her, " that what? Touched you first? Loved you first? The guy that imprinted himself first on your body and now you can't get him out of your mind anymore? "

She looked at Shayne like he was crazy. She didn't know where any of this was coming from. He seemed to off in their text messages in the beginning of the week but she brushed it off. She didn't think it was because of this.

" What the hell are you on?! " She snapped at him, " You are talking like a mad man! " She made hand gestures that the author apparently can't explain but she can physically do it while she writes this.

" I feel like I love you more than you actually do. Maybe our relationship was based off of you getting over Noah. " He shrugged. Her mouth dropped into an gasp but no sound came out.

" So you think I'm using you? " She asked, absolutely appalled about his behaviour. " When I look back at us from the beginning, seems like it. "

" You're crazy. " Was all she manage to say. " I'm gonna go, i'll call you later. " He said, heading towards the door.

" Babe wait, " She said and he turned back around to face her. " How long have you been thinking about this? " He stabled himself onto the doorway of the dinning room and thought.

" A few weeks. " She felt her heart drop. He's been questionning her love for him for weeks. How did she not see it?

" I just don't think it's gonna work out if you won't tell me the truth, or if you don't talk to me. " Her worries now immediately dropping as she realised where this was going.

" No, no. You're not doing what I think you are doing. " She walked towards him, putting her hand on his chest. He took her hand off and sighed.

" I'm sorry Lexi, I just think I need space to think about what I want from this relationship. " He pecked her forehead, maybe for the last time, who knows.

She dropped to her knees and she sobbed.

He heard her sob, and he wanted nothing more to turn back and forget what just happened. He wanted to console her, but he didn't. He kept walking out of the house. He didn't feel right in the relationship, maybe time is what they needed to get their priorities straightened out.

Guess everything Noah said to him, really got to him.