chapter 54 | the huge hole

Weeks passed since the party, the video.

Shayne and Alexis never got back together. They haven't spoken since. Every time there was a Smosh barbecue at Anthony's, Alexis would leave the house for hours. Either that, or Shayne wouldn't show up.

After that morning, he still saw her everywhere. Except when he thought about her, he could only think that she was screaming at him, yelling at him that it was all his fault. Which, it was.

" You holding up okay buddy boy? " Courtney asked him as he sat alone, at his desk for lunch. " Getting there. "

He didn't want pity, he was just trying to forget her, trying to face the reality that she was gone and that he messed up a lot.

" You have to get back out there, man. " Noah said. " Says the one hooking up with my ex, every weekend. " He spat at him. Not like a literal spit but like, he was still upset at the fact Noah saw her.

And Shayne wasn't wrong. Occasionally, Noah would walk into hair and makeup and ask one of the girls to hide the hickeys he would have on his neck. He always told Alexis to not leave any but some nights just went like that.

Before you ask, they're not dating. They were just friends with benefits.

" I told you, if you don't want me seeing her anymore, I can stop. She might mean a lot to me, but your friendship is important to me too. " He said, sitting at his desk. Shayne sighed. " I can't stop you from living your life. It's okay. "

Noah gave him a faint smile and went back to work.

" You're a charming dude. You'll find someone. " Olivia gave him a hug from behind. " Thanks Liv. " He smiled.

" Mari, I'm freaking out. " Alexis barged into the Smosh Games studios. Mari stood up quickly from the chair as they were filming a Board AF.

" You thought coming into the office would be the best time to tell me that?! " She half yelled-half whispered, pushing Alexis out of the studio. " I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out! "

Alexis was bitting her nails, her messy bun out of place from pasting around all morning.

" Gimme a sec, " Mari went back inside and she said something to the guys. Alexis waited anxiously outside, nervous that someone would by there and tell the Squad she was there. Just thinking about the Squad made her queasy. When she remembered that Shayne was also here, she thought she was going to be sick.

" You have 10 minutes, 15 max, now come on. " Mari pulled Alexis to a more secluded hallway where no one went, most of the times. " Stop, I think I'm gonna hurl. " She gagged on her own spit.

Mari found a garbage lying nearby, giving to her. She held it close to her chest, not sure if she would use it.

" I've smelt your pukes, they're not great. " She groaned, now pulling her slowly towards a spare room. She couldn't have her puke stinking up the whole office.

" What's wrong? " She looked at her sick best friend, searching for answers on why she just took her out of work. " I'm late. "

" For school? You came here for a ride? " She looked at her as if she was going to murder her. Alexis shook her head and slapped Mari in the arm. " I'm LATE. "

She rubbed her arm up and down, processing the emphasis on the word late.

" Oh my god, " She looked at her in horror. " How late? " She pleaded, begging for a very short amount of time. " This is my third month. "

" Are you crazy?! You waited 3 months to tell me this?! " She screamed at her. " Shhhhh! " Alexis looked out of the door, making sure no one was around. " I thought it was because I was stressed! "

" Stressed for what? Actually being pregnant?! " Mari was either very horrified or stressed out for her best friend. " I was in school, I had finals. It happens to me every year! "

" You had your first boyfriend for half of year, it didn't occur to you that is something different than your other years? " The door suddenly opened to a now disturbed Wes.

" You guys okay in here? We can hear you guys screaming from the studio. " They both looked at him in terror. " Did you guys hear everything we said? " Alexis asked.

" Up until the part where Mari yells at you for not telling her. " A loud gasp falling from their lips. " You guys, cannot tell anyone. Please. I'm begging you. "

Alexis was almost about to go on the floor to beg Wes.

" It's not our business to tell anyone. Besides, Lcorn wanted you to go see him. He can help you out with this. " Wes said, shutting the door behind him.

They looked around the room and noticed the huge hole in the wall, and of course behind that wall was Smosh Games.

" Guess I'm gonna talk to Lasercorn. " Alexis put down the bin and opened the door. " Don't you want to take a test before you actually talk to him? What if it really just stress? " Mari still not wanting to believe any of it.

She bit her lip, not knowing what to do.

" We can still hear you, just come in here. " They heard faintly from behind the wall. They both sighed and ran back into the studios, locking the door behind them.

They all had a concerned look on their faces, all pointed toward Alexis.

" Don't look at me like that. I'm already stressed out enough! " She hid her face behind her hands.

" You're young Lexi, you're eighteen, we're worried for you. " Flitz told her. " I'm going to turn eighteen, soon. I'm seventeen. "

" What? " Mari looked at her, " Anthony said you were 18. " She shrugged. " We don't know when my birthday is really, I don't have any of my legal documents. But, I know that I'm not eighteen yet. "

Well this was a shocker. She was even younger than they thought.

" Whether you're seventeen or eighteen, you're too young to be making a decision like this alone. If you want help, you can ask me. " Lasercorn insisted. " I'm not even sure that I am, you know. " She said, not wanting to say the word.

" Well, you're gonna have to find out soon. Because you're gonna run out of options. "

And here was the hurl she was holding in from earlier.

" Yup, we're going home early because of the smell. " Mari said opening the studio door. Letting everyone smell her puke, but also letting anyone passing by that Alexis was here.