chapter 61 | the lunch break

Alexis roamed around the office with Anthony as she came by to take a look at the EBE she shot months ago. They only got time to edit it now and she got to see it.

" It's looking really good! " She commented, " I look like a huge bitch though. " She laughed, " That was your character and you portrayed very well! " One of the editor told her.

" So, you approve for it go up? " Anthony asked. " Totally! It looks great! " The editor clapped his hands togethers. " It will be up next week then! "

They talked a little more about it and if she wanted to come back for another one, she accepted the offer and they would call her when they needed an extra again.

" You wanna grab to lunch? " She asked Anthony. He looked at his watch and frowned. " I have a meeting at 12:45, I won't have time to make it across the street. " He laughed. Note, it was 12:37.

" Fine, dinner tonight. Don't miss out. " She gave him a quick hug. " Go ask Noah, he's still in the office! " She watched him run away in a hurry to reach his meeting and then headed towards their studio.

" Hey, " He took off his headphones quickly, " What are you doing here? " He asked her as she slowly walked in the studio, realizing he was the only one there.

" I was looking for someone to go to lunch with. " She said, absolutely forgettig her own boyfriend's name. " They all headed out about 10 minutes ago. If not, Smosh Games don't have lunch till 12:45. "

" How about you? Shayne Topp doesn't take lunch breaks? " She laughed, grabbing Olivia's chair to sit beside him. He was rehearsing a script for another video.

" I usually eat in here, so I'm technically on my lunch break. " He said, taking out his lunch from the drawer beneath him. " Oh come on, a basic chicken sandwich? Really ? " She said pulling out his sandwich.

" Come on, we're going to eat somewhere. " She closed his laptop, pulling him up. " Remember, we said we would grab lunch wednesday. And well, we're wednesday! "

" Didn't think you would remember. " He put on a beanie that was lying on the desk. " I didn't until I saw you, " She paused, " But I guess it was a good thing the girls weren't here. " She smiled at him.

They had a little moment where they were just smiling at each other before they headed out towards the busy streets of L.A.

" Walking or we're gonna drive somewhere? " He asked, shaking his keys. " In-N-Out? "

" I'm up for some burgers. " He grinned and they went to the parking lot. " You sure you have time to wait in line for it? " She asked, getting into his car.

" Would you rather go back to the office and eat my too-basic-for-you sandwich? " He mocked her. She lightly slapped him in the arm as he laughed.

The did the small drive did, figuring out what to eat. They then decided it would be better to go in, order their foods and go back to the office and eat there.

And that's exactly what they did.

" So, you didn't actually eat it? " She laughed, holding the box of burgers as they entered the studios again. " No! I wasn't about to eat a live octopus! " He laughed. They were talking about a episode of PIIMM they filmed a few days ago.

" You can totally see Noah's face in absolute disgust, and I'm in the back laughing at him! " He sat back down at his desk, tossing some things for her to place. " That's so mean of you! "

They kept laughing, enjoying each other's company.

" Hey, thanks for paying by the way. " She finally stopped laughing as she took a bite of her burger. " The least I can do for- for sending me a video of you basically having sex with another girl? "

He stopped sipping his drink when she cut him off. That's not where he was going with this.

" I was gonna say for leaving your party so quickly, " He sighed, " But now that you mentionned it, do you want to talk about that? "

" Why did you do it? " She asked him. " I was drunk. "

" That's not an excuse. " She put down her burger. " I know it's not, but it's what happened. " He looked at her seriously. " Did you want revenge? "

" For what? " He also stopped eating. " For breaking up with you and reconnecting with Noah. "

" I can't stop you from doing what you want in life. "

" Then why did you do it? " This was turning into round of rapid fire questions.

" Cause I was jealous. "

" Of Noah? "

" You told me not to worry about him and then the minute we break up, you're all over him in the back of an uber. "

Silence. No one talked.

" But now he's your boyfriend and you have a baby on the way. So my apologies would mean nothing. " He sighed, losing apetite to eat.

" They mean a lot to me, Shayne. " She paused, " I've been waiting weeks for you to do exactly that. " She placed her hand on his. " We can be friends again, and you can come to parties again and it would be awkward. "

He stared at her hand on his, thinking of words to say.

" I'm sorry I hurt you that bad, Lexi. I wished I knew how stupid I was, and maybe I would have cherished you better. " He was quiet, a little upset now. Everything they wanted was far gone.

" I've missed you. " She jumped onto him, clinging on for dear life. He wrapped his arms around her little body and hugged her tight. " I'm so sorry, Lexi. " He almost cried into her shoulder.

She pulled away and she also had a tear in her eye. She finally got the closure she seeked for months.

" So, truce? " She stuck out her little pinky. He intertwined it with his, smiling at her. " Truce. " She smiled back at him.

A weight was lifted from their shoulders as they felt more at peace with each other. It felt like a new beginning.

It wasn't the peace Shayne hoped for but it was better than nothing. She was back in his life, and even if it was only as a friend, he would cherish it more than anything.