chapter 95 | the end

(A/N: the end of the first book. I hope you guys enjoyed it! I'll be posting the second book up shortly! Stay tuned for it, if not i'll post a chapter 96 giving you guys more details. But the mystery girl is now over! Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback!!! I appreciate it. See you soon!!)

Incoming call from Shawnay
Incoming call from No-ah
Incoming call from Princess Liv 🌹
Incoming call from Court Bort 🤖
Incoming call from K. Leak 💧

The whole squad simultaneously called everyone back at the studios. Most of them were filming but they answered either way, knowing the Squad had left work to go to the hospital.

" Hello ? " Now, imagine a 5 picture side-by-side collage of the whole squad (like those we see in the movies) on their phones, yelling " Lexi woke up! "

You could hear 5 voices from all over the office exclaim in excitement, repeating what they just heard to those in the same room as them.

" I'm on my way! " Anthony told Olivia through the phone. " Guys, we're gonna end fil- Just go! " A camera man cut him off and rushed him away. Of course, they would let him leave. This was an important day for them.

Lexi was finally awake.

" Wait, " Shayne stopped in the hallway before reaching her room, with Noah and Olivia. The two others stared at him. Olivia had her hand on the door handle, all she had to do was open it.

" What ? " Noah asked a bit impatiently. He wanted to see her as much he did. " I just want to come clean about our relationship, " He confessed to the two in front of him.

" We started dating again. Noah, I'm sorry. " He apologized to the young one. But he chuckled softly. " It's okay. You're the one who truly makes her happy. " He smiled. " Are you sure? "

" I'm happy for you both. " He put his hand on his shoulder. They shared smiled and Olivia smiled at the members finally being at peace after months of trust issues.

" Shayne, you really don't have to explain yourself, " Olivia turned the knob of the door, she waited for his approval to fully open as he seemed nervous.

He took a deep breath and nodded. " Go get her, dude. " She smiled and they both let him pass in front him.

" Lexi, " He said, almost breathlessly. For the first time in a month, he saw those beautiful green eyes that he fell in love with, catch his look as he entered her room.

" Shayne, " Keith tried to warn him but it was too late.

" Guys, I'm sorry but I have to go see my best friend. " Mari removed her mic pack from her and rushed around the room to grab her things. " Oh my god, " the rest of Smosh Games exclaimed happily.

" Let us know when we go visit her! " Wes added shortly after. " Oh, I will! " She said before running out of their studios, passing a few of the producers on the way.

" Tell her happy rehabilation from us! " Matt Raub yelled from his desk and she gave him a thumbs up.

She saw Anthony run out of his side of the studio, buttoning up his shirt. Ian running out as well.

" Carpool? " She asked as she reached the elevators. They nodded and they all left the building together.

Not expecting this outcome.

" Shayne, " Olivia said quietly, breaking the silence. They had been kicked out of her room so the doctors could do a check up on her.

" It's typical Lexi, Shayne.. " Courtney tried to reassure him. What happened before they were kicked out, shocked them immensly.

It's not what they expected.

" You signed the papers, didn't you? " Keith asked Shayne hesistantly. He nodded his head. But it didn't seem like he was moving as he was sitting on the floor agaisnt the wall.

" Well, Anthony did too. But I'm a second hand incase he is also incapable of making decisions on his own. " Shayne sighed. " It's gonna be okay, we're researching right now. "

Keith looked through pages and pages of Google on his phone with Olivia on his side.

They heard running coming towards but they didn't flinch. They just turned their heads and saw Mari, Ian & Anthony coming their way.

" Where is she?! " Mari asked, excitedly. Shayne let out a small cry but concealed himself by placing his head on his knees in his sitting position.

" What's going on? " Ian now concerned as he saw all of them had droopy red eyes. They tried to unlock the door to her room, but it was locked.

" Shayne, " Anthony went to sit by his side to try and get information but he just cried. How could he not see this coming? It was like a movie came to life.

" Where's Noah? " Mari asked suddenly as she saw only four of the squad. " He's with the doctors. "

" Why? " Anthony asked, still trying to get answers from Shayne. He was still silent.

" Guys, " Noah came out of the room, " You can hum, hey. " He greeted his older co-workers.

" Noah, what is going on? " Anthony stood up and faced him. Noah shut the door quietly behind him. " You guys didn't tell them? "

" Shayne can barely process a thought. " Courtney argued. " Hello? We're still here. " Mari waved her arms up high.

" Just fucking say it. Once they see her, they'll figure it out. " Shayne cussed. He was angry but dissapointed at the situation.

" They're still checking up on her. It could be false. Or just late reaction? " Olivia tried to reassure the rest of them.

Why were they ignoring the three others?

They sat down beside Shayne on the floor, sighing as if life was over.

Shayne's life was over. His girlfriend woke up.

The hallway was quiet for a few more minutes before her doctor came out. Shayne got off the floor, jumping up to face him.

" Is she going to be okay? " He asked her. " Her vitals signs are perfect. The swelling has definitely gone down. "

" But...? " He waited. " I'm sorry, but it is what you guys saw. " Shayne sighed. The rest of the squad gasped, the girls putting their hand over their mouths.

" Shayne, I'm so sorry. " It was Noah's turn to apologize to him. " She might be in love with me, but you made the impact. "

" Can someone please tell me what is going on?! " Anthony snapped after half an hour of silence.

" Just walk in. You'll see. " Keith said softly.

Shayne scoffed, he was upset but he still wanted to see his girlfriend.

The doctor let them go in and that's where all hell broke lose. Noah walked in first, Anthony, Mari & Ian following after.

Anthony smiled at the sight of his baby sister in a healthy state. He couldn't see what was wrong with her.

But his smile faded instantly as soon as she spoke.

" Noah babe, " Alexis started, " Who are they? "