Chapter 1

Authors note: I won't say much, I've been MIA for a while ...ya...I'm truly sorry. To make it up to you all. I'll try to edit and post chapters of DOMP.  The plot of the story is unchanged. It's exactly as my young, naive, 16/17-year-old self wrote it. Nothing has been changed, modified or removed. the only thing different is that we are starting with the second chapter...I couldn't find the first chapter. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: Prince Charming

I was there for a moment looking like a fool.The breath was stuck in my throat and my hands all of a sudden felt clammy and hot. I was scared, I did not know what to say or think. I had not seen the guy for almost 5 years.

When I was younger, I thought it was magical. I would be the princess. We would live happily ever after, like a Disney princess movie. But I grew older and became more mature. I did not see that any more. I realized now that reality and fairy-tail were two very separate things. I wanted love now. I wanted to fall head over heels for someone. And that someone was not Yunus to me.

I honestly would not have minded the marriage if it was easy going, nice person. The love could have grown between us over time. But Yunus was such a reserved person that it was hard to find a comfort level with him. I had such a cold emotionless attitude that it was impossible to get close to him. It had hurt me when I was younger, I had only wanted to just get along.

"It's been so long since I've seen Yunus," sighed Yahya stretching his hands as he threw his apple in the trash can. He/she/it has looked at me

"You do not look so happy," I chuckled taking note of my crestfallen face.

"Gee, I wonder what it gave it away," I huffed sarcastically.

"Hmm ... I think it was frown or was it the look that said you'd rather die," he said taking my question seriously.

"You are an idiot," I growled.

" Easy there tiger... hide those fangs," he replied backing up like I was a predator.

" Fangs?How are we related?" I sighed as I fixed my hijab on my head.

" Technically we aren't related" he clarified grabbing his keys to his car.

" Look who's a smart boy?" I replied with a roll of my eyes and grabbed by school bag.

He bowed mockingly grabbing his backpack as well.

"Why... thank you, dear sister," he chuckled making his way to the door.

I smacked him on the back.

"Come on idiot we're gonna be late" I pushed past him.

As he walked out of the door I couldn't help but ask

"What do you think the chances are of them forgetting the whole Dinner, Yahya," I asked in a hopeful tone.

"Um....." he acted like he was thinking as he scratched his head.

"I would say... about a one in a million chance," he laughed moving away from for good measure.

"I'll pray for that chance in the million" I muttered deciding to ignore his laughter.

As I closed and locked our apt door, I noticed from the corner of my eye Melissa exiting her door. I let out an annoyed sigh. I really didn't need her right now. The lady was generally a great and wonderful person. But, she was insufferable when she starts to ask and snoop around my dad's love life. Before she took notice of me, I bolted after Yahya. There was just so much a girl can deal with at once.