Pack Mentality

Scott's eyes fluttered open as he woke. Everything was so blurry at first and then unnaturally clear.

"He has been asleep for days and coughing up black blood. Maybe The Bite did not take. What if he is dying?" Scott heard someone whisper.

"He will be fine, my king. Do not worry." Another responded.

"Izzie?" Scott groaned. "Mamá? Stiles?" Scott saw Isaac's face before his.

"Good morning Pup. How do you feel?" Isaac asked as he brushed a hand through Scott's hair. Scott sighed in content.

"Hungry." He answered.

"Melissa, bring up some food!" Isaac ordered.

"Yes, my king." Melissa agreed as she hurriedly headed down to the kitchen.

"Is Stiles alright?" Scott asked. Isaac nodded.

"Stiles is fine. Scott you were hurt badly." Isaac began. "You were going to die, s-so I bit you."

"Thank you." Scott breathed. "You saved my life, Iz."

"The Bite is a gift and a curse." Isaac said solemnly. "You will need to be trained."

"Will you train me?" Scott asked hopefully.

"No Little One. Peter trains all the Cubs." Scott began to pout at this. Isaac laughed and ran his thumb over Scott's lip. "The last time you pouted I had refused to buy you a dog." Scott smiled. "You will be staying here in the castle so as not to endanger your mother."

"Can-can I stay in your room?" Scott asked tentatively. Isaac smiled after thinking it over.

"Sure. If that is what you want." He agreed. Melissa came back with breakfast and she held her son tight as they ate.

Scott joined Isaac late that afternoon for a walk through the kingdom. He had started training with Peter and it had only just ended.

"You look tired Little One." Isaac observed.

"Yeah well letting a God-knows-how-old man kick your ass in sparring is very tiring. So is learning to control the shift and which part you shift, but I got that down pretty fast." Scott responded.

"Really, and how did you accomplish that?" Isaac asked in mock surprise.

"I found my anchor." Scott stated proudly.

"Is it a certain girl from school?" Isaac asked teasingly. Scott blushed.

"N-no." He stuttered. "It is you." Isaac faltered for a minute before giving Scott a reassuring smile.

After the walk Isaac led Scott to his room.

"Thanks Izzie." Scott said as Isaac began to leave.

"Of course Pup. Anything for you." Isaac responded before closing the door.