34| Smile for Me, and I'll Go

(A/N: Guys... I'm literally crying. No joke, wanna know why? It's all thanks to you all. I have officially reached 200 FOLLOWERS ON THIS ACCOUNT. Omllllll so happy.... I'VE NEVER GOTTEN THIS FAR BEFORE, NOT EVEN ON MY OLD DELETED ACCOUNT. Anyways, *sniffle* Thank you all so much... give me ideas in the comments for what I can do to celebrate?? (Whether that's update a story/start a new one, Ext) Gimme ideas please!

-Koma)

No... nonono... why did I do that...? I couldn't- I didn't know- I'm scared... What did I do to him...?? He's all ruined, ruined, ruined. I ruined him, I rotted him down deep into the core of his body, he'll never like me again- he hates me... I- He's dead...

"Cadell, you're being a fool. You can't save him, he's too far gone now." Rayne mumbled, his hand now gently touching my shoulder and rubbing small circles. He sighed, rubbing his right temple with his free hand, closing his eyes tightly as if he were trying to think about something.

"Cadell..."

I retracted my teeth from Damien's neck, tilting my head down so my dark hair would cover my face. I always was a wimp when I cried, never wanted anyone to see my face... Sobs came from down in my throat as I covered my eyes with my hands, forcing anyone who once could see my tears, no longer see them.

"Cadell, sweetheart... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry–" I cut Rayne off.

"What did you mean then?? What were you trying to do so badly?!" I shouted right in his face. Instead of remaining strong and un-breaking, he actually flinched at my words as tears streamed down my cold cheeks endlessly. He isn't dead... I didn't kill him...

"I-I just wanted to make you happy, I could've been better, I wanted to take you home- a safer place than this. I wanted to start new, I wanted to make this work between us! I wanted to make you love me again...! Please, Cadell..." Rayne begged, falling onto his knees and grabbing my face in his cold grip, not harshly, but desperately.

"Rayne... You have to understand- I've moved on, you need to as well..." I said softly, hoping I wasn't being too harsh on him, he just seemed so broken now. "I know you mean well, and you just want us to be together again- And I know you've been getting better with your... problems but Rayne, we have to separate, we aren't good for each other. We never... really were..." I shuddered as a soft shaky breath escaped from my lips, my eyes attaching to his and no longer looking at the ground. "Please... just leave me alone..."

Rayne stared at me silently for a moment, uncomfortable silence filling the air. It was broken not long after from one of the twins sniffling and wiping at their eye- Azee. I wanted to laugh, but it would make it more awkward. It was rare that he cried...

"Does... Damien make you happy, Cadell?" Rayne asked after a moment, his eyes turning to stare at the ground, an empty glint straight through them, making them look dull, almost grey.

"Yes... He's everything I could ever want." I hesitantly spoke a few seconds after his words. He didn't look up at me, only continued to stare at the ground.

"That's all I want... I want my precious to be happy. That's all I've ever wanted..." a faint yet soft smile rested on his face, his eyes coming up to meet mine. "I'm sorry, for ruining it for you. Promise me, Cadell... Be safe, and continue to make me smile by being happy." He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead before standing up, letting go of my face.

I couldn't help but let a soft smile stretch across my lips, his words didn't feel so cold anymore. In fact, he sounded completely changed. He took a sigh of relief, and then turned to the twins, who were looking down at their feet. "Let's go, both of you. We've stayed here long enough..."

And just like that, they left. But before they left completely, Rayne leaned back into the room, his eyes looking a little less dead and a bit more bright, matching his gentle smile. "Hey, warning. Damien's going to flip when he wakes up." Wakes up? Is he-

I glanced back at Damien, he looked a lot more pale, but it wasn't really noticeable considering he was naturally pale anyways. Looking down at his body, I could see that his wound had healed, perfectly. As if nothing happened to him in the first place. His eyelids remained closed lightly, but his cheek twitched softly, as if he was coming out of a deep sleep.

All I could do was stare.

Damn, he looks so fucking hot right now...

Part of his clothes were ripped on the left side, revealing skin from the side of his body, nothing much. All he needed to do was change his shirt, but I didn't want him to. I eventually crawled over- not before wiping the drool that had started to ooze down my chin.

Looking over his body, I gulped. He's going to kill me... I'm so dead when he wakes up. I leaned back, closing my eyes lightly as I waited for him to awake from his slumber.

__________________________

A tired groan escaped from Damien's lips as he stirred awake. No doubt about him turning now, I could see his bright red eyes, which went perfectly with his pitch black midnight hair.

"C-Cade- Rayne- Where's Rayne...??" He asked, his words slightly slurred from the tiredness as he ran a hand through his hair, pushing it out of his face. Stupid sexy bastard. I stared at him, waiting for it.

"Gone, but um... may want to look in a mirror-" He cut me off, my heartbeat speeding up with slight worry from when I saw him running his tongue along his sharp fangs that hung down from his mouth. Almost instantly, his eyes widened, attaching to mine quickly.

"CADELL WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?!"

"U-UM... THAT'S ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT! YOU MAGICALLY GROWN LONG WHITE FANGS AND UH- YEAH! YOU'RE NOT A VAMPIRE DON'T WORRY!" I quickly tried to reassure him, even though everything was lies, but I was laughing.

He won't be too mad, I'll just have to cuddle the frustration and anger out of him.