3| Capture

You need to wake up...

I inwardly groaned to myself. Floating in the blackness of my mind was comforting, I didn't want to wake up. Why would I? I got hurt on the outside world, I don't want to wake up till my body has healed...

"Damien!" I heard a faint muffled voice call from the other side of the darkness. I blinked softly, what? They were trying to wake me up... I didn't want to...

Just let me sleep...

I felt like the world around me was shaking. What was happening to me?

"Damien you won't believe this!! We caught one!!" I heard a familiar voice call to me, it sounded like Alvin. Wait... we caught one?? Was it still alive?? Was it injured?? Was it vicious- well... obviously all of them are viscous. There's no such thing as a 'friendly vampire.'

The very thought of that made me chuckle. Everything around me started to lighten up slowly, the darkness that surrounded me was lifting, everything was turning white.

Finally, I blinked. Opening my eyes I was met with a white ceiling. A beeping sound was echoing quietly in the room, bouncing off the walls. I blinked a few times, feeling something tightly gripping my arm. Where the hell am I? I've never seen this place before...

I tried to lift my head up, dizziness attacked my vision and my head quickly dropped back onto the pillow. Groaning, I just let my eyes wander around the room. The room was painted a very pale green, practically everything in the room was white including the floor. I was lying on some type of hospital bed, a blood pressure device was strapped on my arm.

An IV was inserted in my hand, I could feel it in there if I shifted my hand a little. Gross. I laughed slightly then took a soft sigh of relief as I remembered what happened.

I was knocked out by someone when I was up on my stand, I couldn't remember their face. It must've been a vampire-

I quickly shifted and reached up to feel my neck, my heart was pounding, eyes wide. Please, please, don't do this to me... I can't be bitten, I just can't! They'll kill me!

After a moment, I took a deep breath, letting my hand fall. My heart started to slow down, relief washing over my body. I'm not bitten... good.

So. Was it my imagination? That we caught a vampire? Was I dreaming? Or was someone actually trying to tell me from out here? I couldn't tell, I didn't know. I-

"Damien?" I heard a voice from behind the pale green curtains that surrounded my small room, I blinked a few times. Who the hell was that? When the curtain was pulled back, I was met with a boy, he looked fairly similar to me. I knew him as well- Ryan I think. I've seen him around a few times around the facility but I never really considered ourselves 'best friends.'

Ryan had black hair just like me, just like the darkest of nights. Both our skin was pale, our eyes both blue with a small tinge of lavender on the bottom of them. The only difference between us were our jobs, our tastes and Ryan's eyes were a paler than mine while mine were darker than you could ever imagine.

Having seen Ryan around the facility a bunch of times, I never really thought about his job. I never would've guessed my twin was a doctor.

"Hey," I greeted. Ryan smiled softly and stepped in, holding a clipboard in his hands as his eyes flickered from left to right, scanning the words on the papers in front of him.

"Sorry for all the fuss Damien, but you worried everyone here when they found you unconscious at your station. I mean, a bloody VAMPIRE was right next to you!" Ryan explained, playing with a small piece of his pitch black hair. "So glad we were able to catch it!" He then started taking off the blood pressure device and removing the IV needle from my hand.

My eyes widened suddenly at the mention. W-What?? It was real?? It wasn't a dream?? Tears pricked my eyes as I looked up at Ryan, he raised an eyebrow at me, obviously confused to why I was about to start crying.

"W-We actually-" I started, but Ryan raised a hand to silence me. I soft reassuring smile rested across his lips as he answered me, giving a simple small nod.

Holy fuck... we did it! We did it!!

I wiped away the tears in my eyes, blinking a few times as we sniffed. "All those years of hard work,"

"And we finally caught one!" Ryan cheered quietly. He then reached over my bed and hugged me gently, I hugged him back. All those lives lost, in an attempt to capture just ONE vampire... and we finally managed... we succeeded! Finally!

After pulling away, Ryan looked at the clipboard and wrote something down. He must've been making notes on me or something, I don't know. Never really thought about what doctors write down on those things.

I finally realized I was in the infirmary. It didn't really matter to me now, I could honestly care less at this point, I was too excited to see the ugly little thing to care about anything.

I swung my legs over the side of the infirmary bed, sitting on the edge.

"Oh! Damien before you stand up- You ended up twisting your ankle a little when you collapsed, just be careful when you walk around a bit, okay? Have a lovely day," Ryan said as he left the room.

I thought about it for a moment then stood up. A little pain shot through my ankle as I stood on it, I ended up limping out of the infirmary dorm.

...I want to see that little bastard...