11| Clean

Cadell's POV

Today had been quite fun. I had once again slipped through my cage, found Damien, hid for almost three hours and almost got caught four times, watched him train, and then I brought his vest back to my cage, easily slipping inside. The bars weren't really small, so squeezing though was painful and required a very tight squeeze. It always squeezed my lungs and ribs till they ached, but once I was through onto the other side, my body would naturally heal, because well... I'm a vampire and all.

Then with vampire speed, I'd be able to stick to the walls, trying my best to stay out of camera range. I don't think anyone watching those cameras could see anything, I hope I was fast enough anyways. Then I'd just go find a place to hide, and then wait for pretty little Damien to walk right into me and my little tiny hiding spot. Since I could just squeeze through the bars, I wondered why I wasn't killing, eating, escaping.

Well... Damien is here, I consider him a type of 'friend' through my eyes, he's an acquaintance. He could help me if I really needed it, and plus where would I go on the outside world? Nothing but gore and violence on every street in the town. People always going missing and winding up dead in alleyways because they bled out of their throats. The scent... the smell... we can smell it from so far away, which makes our stomachs begin to ache, rumble. When vampires get hungry... things get messy.

I hated being a vampire, but things back then got really messy with some... 'friends' of mine. We were scared, locked away and isolated in a small broken down factory just because we didn't want to be dead by vampires. They were on our trails, and they could smell us. Eventually- I- Things just got really messy, I hated talking about my past. 

Pulling my legs close to myself in my cage, I huffed softly, pulling Damien's warm vest around my body tighter. It squeezed me in what felt like a comforting hug, even if it were just fabric, it was tight and squeezed against my body a bit, but it was still comforting. I glanced down at my aching tummy, feeling my insides churning when my eyes flickered over to my still full bowl of that disgusting dog food.

It didn't taste like ANYTHING. It was so bland yet it had this disgusting burned flavour to it, I couldn't even make out what kind of ingredient was burned. Glancing over to the furthest corner of my cage, somewhere against the wall was where I threw up a matter of times, all because of the DEMON still in the bowl.

I overheard a few VEP workers outside the door a few times arguing about who should clean my cage, and who should be the one to lead me out to another cage while my current cage gets cleaned up. If they were actually smart, they'd realize that I haven't harmed a single soul here- never mind. I remember killing that stupid bitch that asked me question after question after question.

All I care about is Damien, I want HIM to be here. He seems like the smartest one out of them all, he definitely has a special gift. To not be an idiot like the rest of the useless humans that walk this place. I already know their plans, they don't keep secrets very well, and they always act as if I can't hear what they're saying, as if I can't speak English, as if I can't hear their words.

What idiots...

Stepping into my room, Ryan glanced at me. I think that was his name at least, he told me not that long ago, but it didn't really seem important to me at the time, now I kind of regret by remembering 100%. I growled lowly in my throat as he walked up to my cage, slowly and hesitantly unlike everyone else. Probably because everyone in this place who comes in here, is wearing a heavy vest and safety equipment like protective steel-toed boots and thick gloves.

Ugh... they treat me so much like an animal... for fuck's sake I'm just like a human, just with fangs and a thirst for blood that doesn't even hit me for long periods of time...

"Alright, come close to the bars." Ryan ordered, I growled again, stubbornly wrapping my arms around my body and staying exactly where I was- pressed against the furthest wall of the cage while sitting on the floor. He sighed and opened the door, to my surprise. He then pulled something out from his pocket, looking at it curiously, it looked like just a collar with a chain attached to it.

The collar was a bright red, a shade close to the colour of my red eyes. I felt the tiniest smile creep up on my lips as I stared at the collar. He cautiously stepped forward a few times and then before I could react- not like I was going to in the first place- the thick metal and leather was snapped around my neck. I tried to tilt my head to look at it, wanting to see what it looked like on my pretty pale neck but sadly, the collar restricted barely any movement. Looking up, down and backwards was next to impossible, the collar moved across my flesh in an uncomfortable way which I hated, so I tried to keep my head as still as possible as he carefully dragged me out of my cage.

He then quickly closed the door to another cage, which I was now inside. I slowly dropped to my knees with my hands gripped to the bars tightly, watching him creepily as he uncomfortably shifted, our eyes locked on each other's.

Maybe he'll be a smart little cookie and leave me alone if I keep staring...

He will definitely leave in a little while, but for now, I suppose I'll stay here in this cage. Chained, in red.

What a pretty colour...