13| You Hurt Him

(A/N: Cadell refuses to let Damien have a chapter to himself XD. But Cadell just likes to talk about Damien all the time anyways... so... XD Enjoy.)

Cadell's POV

"DAMIEN! GET UP NOW!" I heard an unfamiliar voice scream, they sounded seriously upset, mostly just frustrated though. As if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, morning? Did I end up falling asleep?

I was awake, but kept my eyes closed, so I could only hear whatever was going on around me. I felt a warm fleshy object against my hand, quickly remembering that I fell asleep with Damien, his hand in mine. Too bad I fell asleep in the middle of the night, I wish I had stayed awake so I could bathe in the moment just a little longer.

Damien doesn't like to touch me often... even when he does, it's always by accident. I mean... Damien doesn't like Vampires, why should he like me?

I let my eyelids ever so slightly open, just enough so I could secretly peek out and see what was happening. I felt Damien's hand move away, no longer touching my own. Disappointment washed over me as I watched him get up and stand next to the upset soul.

I couldn't make out any features, all I could see were shapes considering my eyes were barely even open. But the one thing I could definitely do, was listen to whatever was going on, or what will happen. The man's shape shook violently, he must seriously be upset if he's shivering that much. Or... perhaps he's afraid of me? That isn't new, lots of people fear my kind, sometimes to be even more descriptive-
Me.

"Damien what the fuck?! You aren't bitten are you?! Huh?! Did that disgusting thing get to you!?" The man shouted, his voice slowly fading from anger and enraged, to concerned and worried. I could tell Damien was confused, as he stood perfectly still but stared at the man like he was mentally ill or something.

"Wait what? What are you talking about??" Damien asked, even his voice sounding confused. He still seemed so lovely, I had such a perfect angle of what stood above me. The man growled in annoyance and clenched his fists at his sides, continuing to bark and yell at my precious Damien.

"Did you pass out?! You must've fell unconscious when you were in this room! You're so lucky I went looking for you Damien! That vampire was trying to grab at you, as you can obviously see!" The man pointed out. I could see where he was getting at, from my position, it looked like I tried to grab onto Damien through my cage. That man made me feel on-edge though, I didn't like him. Some humans are so loud and noisy, all with their useless barking and growling, they're no different from dogs!

"Oh, um... don't worry bout me... It was just an accident you see? It won't happen again!" Damien responded with nervous laughter, rubbing the back of his neck with an idiotic smile plastered across his face. Mhm... so pretty~ pretty boo~

The man growled again in annoyance and then suddenly, reached forward and hit Damien in the shoulder. It looked like a playful gesture, and I would've let it slide, but Damien let a little shaky startled breath escape his lips.

It felt like time had stopped, I felt my body go colder. My eyes had widened in shock as my limbs trembled. I felt my canines poke my lip as I bit down hard. You... hurt... my Damien... you bastard... now you pay the price... a pound of flesh or a bite.

I felt my own throat move, trembling slightly as a low growl came from down deep in my throat. The soft noise attracted Damien and the man's attention quickly, both their eyes attaching to mine. I didn't even look at Damien, my eyes were locked dead on that man.

How dare he... how DARE he!! I'll make him suffer for what he did...

My hands clenched around the bars as I got up, leaning my head through the cage as I viscously snapped my teeth at him. Bearing my fangs in defence and in intimidation as I struggled to squeeze through. I wouldn't let myself be caught slipping through something so easy, that's the only way I'm able to see Damien...

"Ugh, it's looking at me..." the man sneered, wrinkling his nose at me as he turned and stormed out of the doors. The doors slamming closed as footsteps outside slowly got quieter and quieter till they went silent.

I sat up completely, gripping my face with my sharp nails, smiling softly into my lap. My stomach rumbled again, the pained churning in my stomach once again coming back to get me. I hissed softly and gripped my arms against my stomach tightly, my body starting to tremble just like before.

Mhm~ So hungry... I'm so hungry... I want to eat... Please let me eat... Why are you tempting me with food? The food just LEFT! I'm a dog right? Dogs chase things! That's what makes it fun! Let me chase my food Damien!

Whining softly as the pain increased slightly, I got up and started pacing around my cell, not caring whether Damien was there or not. I don't care, I won't care, I'm so hungry, so so hungry.

Letting a soft smirk creep up on my lips, I turned to Damien, my eyes glowing brighter than ever as I stared into his eyes.

"I'm going to be able to eat tonight, love~"