28| He's Coming For Me

Cadell's POV

"How many people were in that group, Cadell? We have to know..." Damien said, standing outside of my cage with three other VEP guards. I blinked softly, scanning over them. One of them was Ryan- Damien's twin. The other two looked like the same people from the very beginning, when I first met Damien. Alvin and Kennith- or 'Kenny.' "Cadell please-"

"Eight." I responded quietly, looking down at the bright red collar that was still clipped loosely around my neck. "There was eight of them the last time I was with them, including me which equaled nine altogether."

"Thank you, that's all we needed to know." Alvin said, giving me a sweet smile. I like him, he's such a sweetheart. He then turned to Damien, eyes still sweet but more serious than before. "Adam will be coming soon, we have to go and-"

"That's no longer necessary, Alvin. Thank you for your assistance." An unfamiliar voice boomed from the doorway. I glanced over, seeing a tall man with a black vest on, with a few different pins that must've meant something important, but I didn't really look too much into them. The man had blonde hair, grown a little long so that it fell down his neck slightly. His eyes were a dull green, barely showing any emotion just like some of the other people in this place.

He was slim, not overweight. His height reached to what looked about 6'2, but I couldn't really be exact. He looked hot, but wasn't really my type. Now DAMIEN, is my type. Adam's eyes flickered over to me, the dull green connecting with my red ones, staring at me for a moment before he softened up.

"It's great to know you'll... be on our side, Cadell." Adam smiled softly, his eyes made the smile look dull as well, almost forced in a way. I forced my own smile as they unlocked the door. The other two- Kenny and Alvin- they were staring at me, as if they expected me to lash out at them or something.

Kenny was a brown haired, 6'1 tall man. He had grey eyes, with the slightest bit of amber in them. His skin was pale and he wore a red vest with a few pins on it. Alvin, he had dark black hair, he stood about 5'9. His skin was darker than anyone's in the room, but who cared about that? He was still human after all, so what about his skin colour? I hate racist people in this world... Lastly, I noticed his eyes looked like a light brownish-orange. Not quite amber or hazel, they just looked orangish. His vest was blue, like Damien's which I was wearing.

"We're preparing the guards, sir." Ryan spoke. Adam nodded in response, keeping his mouth firmly shut while the others spoke and tried discussing their positions and what weapons they would be assigned with, hopefully something powerful and strong, we'll definitely need something sturdy to keep them off.

The key was inserted into the lock, I didn't know who was wielding it, I must've been distracted. The lock fell to the floor, one last, and final time. The lock snapped in half, breaking. Not like we'll ever be using it again of course. Adam glanced at the other four, before nodding his head and turning to leave out the door. Kenny, Alvin and Ryan all followed closely behind, all perfectly organized in a straight line as the door clicked shut.

I stepped out of my cage, turning to Damien. He didn't seem to be reading any emotion, in fact, his eyes looked as dull as they ever could be, they almost matched Adam's for that matter. I gulped and pressed my face gently into his chest, my body beginning to shiver automatically. I hugged his vest closer over my body, but the fear of Rayne and his 'friends' coming through and plowing down each and every one of us one at a time, it no longer brought warmth to my body. The aching cold of fear struck me cold.

Strong arms wrapped around my body and held me tightly, I didn't mind. It was him after all, I couldn't care about anything else. I snuggled close, feeling his body heat begin to take effect on me, and it made me feel a little less backed into a corner. "Don't worry, sweetheart. We'll get through this, together. Then we won't have to worry anymore. The occasional other vampire waves aren't as bad as this..." Damien tried to reassure me.

That didn't do anything this time... because I knew the truth... Something they didn't expect, at least not yet.

"But... Rayne is strong... He'll-..." his arms cuddled me tighter and held me tightly against his body. His fingers gently tangling in my dark locks of hair to comfort me, damn you, Damien. You guys really do know how to find a comforting spot. After thinking that, I leaned closer into his hand, letting his soft movements massage my head.

"Nobody else from this day, will die. I promise you..." He spoke. I buried my face into his chest, I didn't want him to see the tears in my eyes. That isn't true, you can't keep promises, not about things like these! Rayne will come, he WILL kill anyone that stands in the way of getting to me...

Maybe I should have left a while ago, maybe I should've escaped out an open window or something, then nobody else here would have to die. Nobody else would have to suffer and get drained of blood if I weren't here. I didn't know what to do at this point, I guess it was just life or death at this moment.

Defend, protect, fight.

Then suddenly, the PA came on. Adam's voice came on loud and clear, so anyone within any part of the building could hear him.

"Attention all VEP members. Report to the outer walls of Gate B immediately. This is not a drill, all weapons are to be taken and wielded from storage. Wherever you can find one. And good luck, to our special vampire, Cadell. Do not, aim for him."

The announcement made me smile, just slightly. I finally was on their side, wasn't I? Does this meant that they trusted me? That they would protect me if I needed help?

Tears filled my eyes, happy tears.

But then, the ringing noises of gunshots sounded from outside, it sounded like bullets ricocheting off of walls and doors.

They're here.