15| You're to Blame

Damien's POV

Last night... twelve VEP staff were found mutilated in different parts of the facility. I couldn't think of anyone else other than Cadell, but when I tried to confront him about it, he pleaded innocent.

"D-Damien...! Why do you think I did this?? I never left my cage last night! You know I'm a-afraid of the dark!" He cried out, voice cracking and shaking slightly as tears started to flow down his cheeks, his red eyes watery and upset. "W-Will you leave me tonight...? P-Please don't leave me Damien... I need you here... Please..."

I groaned. Cadell normally didn't act like this, so I was suspicious he at least KNEW something about the murders last night. Maybe another vampire sneaked into the facility last night and then escaped without knowing, or maybe Cadell was just being a fucking liar and pleading the small innocent victim.

Stop acting innocent... You fucking bitch... "You HURT my girlfriend! They found her still fucking alive in the upstairs bedrooms!! Out of those twelve people who died, she was one of them! You are SO fucking lucky... You better not fucking come near her again!" I scolded, clenching my teeth together tightly in anger. Cadell's eyes widened a little in surprise, shocked that I actually decided to get defensive.

"Damien-"

"Fuck. Off." I cut him off, glaring daggers at him as he hung his head in shame. To be honest, I was kind of guilty, I didn't know how to react to be honest. I was just so afraid, so unsure, what else was I supposed to do? He didn't dare lift his head to look at me again, not daring to look up at me with those glowing red dangerous eyes.

I suddenly turned around, heading toward the door but stopping with my hand an inch from just swinging the door wide open. I didn't look back, I just... stood still, thinking a million things in seconds. I then heard a small whine sound, as if someone was trying not to cry.

Followed quickly after, I heard a few tiny sniffles and a small hiccupped cry. Damnit... I didn't mean to do that... "I-I'm... S-Sorry..." I heard Cadell whimper almost silently. Those words  finally broke me, as I spun back around to face him not a second after he said them.

He was exactly where I saw him last, right behind the bars and on his knees. Instead of looking up at me with a smiling face and happily glowing red eyes like always, his head was down, hair messily covering his face and wet from his tears which had started to pour down his cheeks and off of his face.

Now I really felt bad. His hands were loosely gripping the bars now, barely even holding on. Poor thing... Wait why would I say that about him? Out of everything I could've said-or thought, I picked that? Why? Strange...

Cadell's eyes weren't giving off the same happy glow as earlier, they looked almost a brownish black, with the tiniest dying glow, everything about his eyes seemed so dull now. I inwardly punched myself in the stomach and slowly walked back over to Cadell. When I got closer to him, I noticed his body was trembling lightly, each shaky inhale he took throughout sobs made it worse each second.

I put my hand in my pocket, staring at his body. Finally after a moment, I pulled out my spare key to his cage, moving it around in my hand, contemplating whether I should do this or not. My mind screamed no, but my body reacted on it's own and I moved closer, now standing directly in front of the locked door now.

Fuck it. I shoved the key in the lock and twisted roughly, letting the lock fall to the ground with a small thud as I stepped inside. My heartbeat had increased rapidly, now pounding inside of my chest incredibly sped up. Fuck heart... Calm down. I stepped towards Cadell, he didn't react. I stepped forward once again and he flinched, inching back slightly.

I inwardly punched myself again and carefully stepped forward once again, keeping my movements slow so I wouldn't scare him. He cried out and shakily through breaths, yelled at me to go away. He had looked up for a moment, and I could see the mess on his face.

His eyes were a very dark red, the corners of his eyes slightly puffy from crying. Tear stains were clearly visible through his continuing tears hat kept flowing down from his sad eyes. A small line of drool had found it's way at his chin, but I didn't care. Not now, not at the moment. Fuck it all, I don't want him to be upset.

I stepped forward, about to-

"L-Leave me alone!!" He shakily responded to my movements, quickly scooting back in both fear and defense. Screw it, now I'm getting reckless. I suddenly shot forward, squeezing my eyes tightly as I felt my arms tighten around what I could guess was Cadell's cold thin frame of a body.

His body that was trembling madly a few seconds ago, had suddenly froze, staying completely still from my actions. My face was buried in Cadell's neck, my nose right in the curve of it. I was being a complete idiot, if he wanted to attack right now, I just gave him the biggest opportunity to do so. My neck was fully exposed to him, all he had to do was move and bite me. But... he just remained still.

I felt him start to hiccup through tiny whines of pain as he pushed against me gently, like a small frustrated child, but I kept my grip tight around him. I could feel the wetness of tears on my neck and shoulder now, but still refused to move away.

"Please don't cry, I'm sorry." I shushed him softly, he quieted down once more, right before wrapping his arms tight around my body and crawling into my lap, his face now buried in my chest.

"I-I'm sorry! I-I won't ever do it again! P-Please don't be m-"

His face suddenly lit up with pink as I gently pressed my lips against his forehead.

Chained In Red (BoyXBoy, Vampire) {COMPLETE}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें