16| My Heartbreaker

(A/N: Hey guys, this update is a little early, not that any of you who read this chapter would complain XD. This is probably the last chapter I'll be able to publish for this week. Usually I publish a chapter every... 2-3 days? Meh, it's SOME sort of schedule. Anyways, I know its March Break and some of you have it off like me, while others don't. :( Tomorrow all until Sunday I'll be having a sleepover with my amazing gf Reaper, from Wed-Fri at her house and Fri-Sun at my house. It would be rude to try to work on a chapter when she and I are hanging out. Consider this a... filler chapter for now? I promise to update normally when the sleepover is over. Whew... So glad to have a small break, I really need it. The stress is getting to me XP. Anyways so yeah, hope you enjoy this cwute chapter with baby Cadie and Damie. See you guys at the next chapter! <3 -Koma)

Cadell's POV

"Damien? Are we friends?" I asked shyly, looking down at my fingers which I shyly tapped together, a faint shade of pink on my cheeks. He always made me so flustered, always blushy. It got really annoying sometimes! And it was embarrassing too! Why did he have this effect on my body? Why did I always feel so... hot around him?

He glanced at me. He had stayed with me overnight, surprisingly. Usually he would just leave, but no, he stayed the WHOLE night! That's definitely something I never would've expected, especially after... That. Incident. Damien was sitting beside me, in a criss-crossed position with his hands behind his head as he leaned up against the wall.

"No." He answered after a moment. I almost thought someone punched me in the chest hard, that fucking hurt dammit! That was the sound of my heart breaking, oh! Poor baby Cadell! His knight in shining armor just rejected him!

"W-Wait what?! B-But- Can we b-be friends??" I sniffled, which made his dark eyes flicker back to my face. His face looked half blank and half, 'I don't give a shit,' there goes my feelings again. Big old mean Damien, crushing the princess's hopes and dreams!

"No."

"P-Please?? do you even have friends, Damien?" I asked curiously, tilting my head to the side slightly, like a dog. That's something you do when you're wearing a red collar that doesn't even have your name on it, right?? Damien choked on his own spit, sitting up quickly from my words and turning to me with a slightly pouty yet proud smile on his face.

"Of course I do! I have TONS of friends that you don't know about! Not like, I'd tell you anyways though." He responded quickly with a soft laugh at the end. I could tell he was lying, it was obvious. Silly Damien~ I nodded and felt a soft smirk creep up on my lips as I stared at him, letting my eyelids close halfway. I could fall asleep just by staring into his eyes, they were so beautiful.

"Mhm, no you don't. Isn't that right Damien~?" I nudged his arm with my own and he sighed, acting defeated by my words. Hahaha! I have won this one, this time! I smiled softly and carefully reached forward, wrapping my arms around Damien's arm, nuzzling his shoulder with my nose cutely. When am I ever not trying to be cute? I want to make Damien blush... I bet he's adorable...

I glanced up at his face. Sure enough, his head was turned away from me, a light pink on his face as he tried to hide it. He was giving it away, poor sweetheart, he doesn't make many friends. "What about Ryan? And the other people you work with?" I asked after a moment, continuing to stare up into his dark gleaming eyes, hoping he'd eventually look back at me. Maybe... One day tell me he loves me back... A vampire can dream, can't he?

"That's it. They're just people I WORK with. My girlfriend doesn't count as a friend, she's the one I love- Ryan is just an... Acquaintance and everyone else here is either too busy with their own work, or don't care." Damien explained. I narrowed my eyes slightly when he explained the part about 'loving' his girlfriend. I have very bad past with females, I'm... Afraid of them. In a way.

"Oh... Then this is your opportunity to be-friend me!" I explained, feeling a bright smile stretch across my lips happily. There's no way he can deny it now! I have my love exactly where I want him to be!

"No." I was completely shocked again, my mouth slightly open in surprise.

"W-What??? B-But... Why??? Am I not cute enough??? I-I can always be cuter! But what's wrong with me?? Don't you love the cute little baby vampire who's still a newborn?? I haven't even passed 700 years yet!! I'm practically still NEW! I-" I stopped pleading when I heard him laugh.

I felt my face turn red when he smiled and pinched both my cheeks, his eyes happily lighting up for me. "You don't have to change at all. I don't want you to grow up to be a big scary dark vampire, I want you to stay the cute little baby Cadell I know, got that? You have no choice but to stay cute forever, no matter what you do!" Damien laughed again, letting my face go.

I immediately buried my face in his arm, trying to keep it there till the blush faded, sadly it would take a very very long time for it to happen.

"Soooo... Are we friends then?" I asked after a moment, finally able to work up the courage to ask him again. I already knew what he was going to reply with, stubborn little-

"Fine, yeah, sure. Whatever I guess."

I stared at him in shock, feeling my saliva eventually start dripping out of my mouth and into my lap. Damien laughed again, pointing it out to me. "You're drooling, sweetheart~"

I blushed again.

Not too long after, he eventually stood up and said goodbye. He relocked my cage and then made his way out the door. Once again, the door made the familiar soft click noise as it shut closed.

For the next few hours, I became a squealing, blushing, fan-boy mess.

I love you, my sweet little heartbreaker~