25| Fear of Him

Cadell's POV

Last night I was laying on the floor of my cage, trying to fall asleep after crying for what felt like endless hours. Millions of thoughts were racing through my mind, some relevant and others that could easily be avoided and thrown into the trash bin. My world felt like it was closing it on itself, it all hurt so badly, I couldn't-

There were reported sightings of something moving around outside earlier this week, but it was so fast nobody could get a good look at what it was. Rumours said that it had a human like shape, but it moved too fast for it to actually be a type of human. I felt tears starting to slide down my already drying yet tear-strained cheeks. I felt the fear and anxiety poking at my chest, making my heart feel heavy.

I couldn't think anything else of it, I couldn't imagine it anything else other than Rayne. After that note, my world has tipped and fallen upside-down. Things scare and terrify me that would've have even made me flinch before, I've become afraid of the darkness of my room. I've become fearful of leaving my cage...

That nightmare I had a little while back, the one about that vampire, it still haunted me from the back of my mind. I felt like crying whenever I looked through the small spaces in-between the bars of my cage. Please, if he comes for me, I want to pray that those bars can hold him back...

"Cadell?" I heard my name being called, I didn't notice right away. I felt like I was being dragged underwater, so deep and dark that I couldn't breath, couldn't think, couldn't cry, couldn't scream. "Cadell!"

I blinked, feeling myself almost drowning in my own tears. I quickly sat up, my entire body ached and pained, but it was ignorable. I looked up at Damien, who was now standing in front of me with a concerned expression plastered all over his face. I was so scared, I felt so empty, I didn't want to do anything but fall into his arms and scream and cry.

"What's wrong, boo?" He asked, leaning forward to gently stroke my cheek with his fingers. His voice made me break right then and there, tears pouring down my face as I let out a cry of pain. My body broke and crumbled into his open arms, which he quickly wrapped around me to comfort my shaking frame. He quickly began to shush me, rocking me gently in his arms as he gently pressed his forehead against mine.

I shakily reached into my pocket, pulling out the crumpled up note, shakily glancing at it before pushing it towards him. I held it close to him, squeezing my eyes as tight as I possibly could. I was a complete mess, I just wanted to get it all over with. I couldn't give a fuck anymore if he freaked out and told everyone at this point, I was breaking down on both the inside AND the outside. If I would've kept it a secret, nothing good would've came to it. Rayne is attacking with the rest of the group, whether I like it or not. But I WILL NOT go back to them, I can't allow it! As selfish as that sounds, I don't want to be killed, or tortured by them. I'll defend whoever I have to in order to get through this, I'll beat them! I'll be able to defeat them all and kill them, I've grown and gotten stronger ever since back then.

"What's this?" I felt more tears drowning my vision as I quickly attempted to blink them away every few seconds. Damien gently slipped the paper from my grip and took a moment to read it, before his eyes widened in what looked like a mixture of fear and shock. I felt guilty, I should've told him earlier, I'm such an asshole for trying to hide it from him...

"What?? I- Cadell?? How long did you know about this??" He asked, his arm dropping from my body as his tone turned from comforting, to complete seriousness in an instant. I almost flinched from the question, but managed to keep stable enough to talk, which meant looking at the ground and forcing the words to come from my throat.

"A-Almost two days-" I admitted, feeling my body begin to shiver and shudder once again. I couldn't tell if I was still scared of Rayne and his slowly approaching attack, or Damien at this point. Both seemed to be scaring me at the same time.

"Cadell! You should've told me sooner!! Why did you hide it from me?! I have to tell someone about this! I have to alert Adam right away and-" Damien continued to ramble on, making my guilt continue to grow inside me. I frowned and kept my gaze to the floor.

"I'm sorry Damien... I panicked and-" I tried to speak, but was interrupted and cut off when he suddenly but gently pushed me off himself and stood up, still gripping the paper with a death-grip. As if he was afraid to loose all the evidence that we were going to be attacked soon.

"I-I'm sorry I- We'll talk later- I-Er- I got to go alright?? Bye-!" He stuttered in panic and blinding anxiety as he quickly rushed out of the room. Forgetting to lock the cage door and forgetting to even pick the key up off the hard and cold ground. I sighed softly, picking the key up in my grip gently and holding it's shiny build against my chest with my legs pulled close to me. My most comforting position.

We can get through this...

I hope...

I'll defend him, I'll defend my precious Damien. He means the world to me, that'll never change. I'll sacrifice everything for that stubborn boy, I'll keep him and his VEP work safe.

I'll do everything I can.

(A/N: PLEASE READ*****
Sorry for not updating for such a long while, I ended up forgetting to update like, 3 times and then lots of things ended up happening IRL. I mean, I just got back from the ER (hospital) not too long ago and just finished taking my prescription, I just finished spending $500+ on my dog at the vet because of a bad injury he had. And just lots of stuff like Easter and just random other stuff. Everything has been seriously stressful lately and O.M.G I CAN NOT handle it barely at all. I'm just watching my sanity slowly slip away I swear. Just an update to make up for lost time... I hope you guys enjoyed it! Um... if I don't update again for a little while, please bear with me... PLEASE... I have a life too, I need to get some stuff sorted out before I can focus on my stories and Wattpad again. I love you all, goodbye now. See you all in the next chapter. ❤️ xoxo.

-Koma)