23| I Hate You

Cadell's POV

Every millisecond, that leads to a second, that leads to a minute... All leads to an hour and then a day, soon a week, then a month, then a year. Soon-

"Hey sweetheart." Damien called as he walked into the room, I lifted my head from my small ball I had made. Sweetheart? When did that take place? Then again, Damien's expressions and moods have changed around me. Aw, does little baby Damien have a crush on me?

"Sweetheart?" I asked. He smiled, chuckling softly as he unlocked my cage, taking the lock off and putting it aside. I watched as the cage door opened and he stepped inside, sitting beside me with a soft content smile resting on his lips. He same smile he always seemed to have. The smile that made me smile myself. I must've zoned out again into my own little world... I inwardly laughed at myself again, that was a habit I have.

"Something that suits you. Boo."

I raised my eyebrow at him, confusion setting in. "Boo? Seriously, something is up." I noted out loud. He laughed before leaning close to my face, making my cheeks start to burn.

"I'm messing with you, duh." Damien admitted as he leaned back against the wall. I felt disappointed, but nothing I wasn't used to with him. Stupid tease...

"When are you going to date me?" I asked, looking down at my lap. Not a second later, I started to regret what I said a moment later, knowing the answer was already-

"When do YOU want to date me?"

The question only confused me more. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, my thoughts racing quickly, trying to think about one-hundred different things all at once, I don't even know why. Damien smiled.

"When would you like to date me?"

"Um, now?" I asked, my answer seeming more like a question than a reply. Damien leaned close again, my face beginning to burn with embarrassment. Oh. Wait. Wait what's going on?! What does he mean?

Suddenly, his lips connected with mine. My face exploded with red as his warm and gentle touch pushed against my cold lips. My eyes widened in shock as I only stared at him, not moving an inch as he slowly pulled away from me, loosing the flame that was once in-between us.

"But-You-I-" I tried to choke out, but he only laughed, a wide grin plastered on his face as he looked at me, a bright glint shining in his natural dark eyes.

"Then be my boyfriend."

I covered my face with my hands, the redness that covered my face increasing madly. My entire body felt hot, my face felt like it was melting off from a fiery blaze. WHAT?! Not a day ago he said he didn't like me! And that he was straight! I'm gay! But... maybe he's... bisexual? Maybe he was bisexual the entire time and he just didn't know it! I mean, sexualities don't change, you're born one and you stick with it. Whether you're straight or gay.

"Damien." I said sternly. "You said, a few days ago that-"

"I lied." Damien confessed, a soft smirk creeping up on his face as he looked down at me with the dark almost black coloured eyes he had. I felt like a small child, I felt intimidated by him when he looked at me like that.

You. Dick.

You fucking dick!

I slapped him gently on the shoulder, pouting as I crossed my arms and turned away from him. I was trying to ignore him, but all I had the urge to do was stare at his luscious body forever. "But... Rachel."

"I'm breaking up with her, unless... you don't want to date me anymore-?"

"N-NO! I NEVER SAID THAT! YOU'RE SUCH A DICK!" Damien laughed at my words, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his lap gently so my back rested against his warm chest. I felt myself pressing against him gently, his warmth keeping me warm, considering I was a vampire and I was always cold.

"Why would you break up with her, for me?" I asked, unable to even tell what I said till the words slipped past my lips. Damien's half smirk and half smile fades to a frown and he glanced down to the floor, a sad kind of look glinting deeply in his dark eyes.

"Not too long ago, we got into a fight. It would've gone smoothly until she slapped me, then screamed at me for over an hour. Then she admitted that she has been cheating on me with some 'Tyler' guy. I don't even fucking know who that is!" Damien explained. I was about to ask something else, when I saw tears pricking at his eyes. I felt a frown fall into my face as I leaned against him and he wrapped his arms tightly around me, burying his face gently in my neck.

"Oh... Damien... You don't deserve that... You really don't..." I tried to reassure, but he obviously didn't get what I was trying to say.

"I-I'm sorry for being such a fucking asshole towards you, you need to hate me now... You have to be angry..." He responded quickly as I felt something cold and wet land on my shoulder. He's crying... "I'm such a fucking idiot."

"No you aren't." I quickly reassured him, feeling my heart begin to hurt. Please don't be upset Damien... I don't want to see my baby cry... "You didn't know, and plus, you're just stubborn..." I tried to laugh off the end of my sentence, it was true though. Damien was a pretty stubborn person when it came to- well, just about everything.

I felt something on Damien's face shift against my shoulder and I could only guess it was a small smile, as I heard a faint soft laugh follow it. His laugh made me smile again, softly though.

"I love you, sweetheart."

Blush burned my face once again at his words, but all I did was smile wider.

"I love you too, Damien."

(A/N: Hope you like da chapter. I feel in my opinion that it's a little rushed, but oh well? I tried. I love writing and all but I just feel all my stories are rushed in some type of way. Ugh why brain why. Anyways, if you agree with me about the rushed thing, then sorry. I'm trying! I'm not an amazing writer, but I do try to put lots of effort and time into each chapter of my stories. :) Thank you guys for reading, hope you all enjoyed the happiness above ^

See you in the next chapter. ;)

-Koma)