33| Deadly Like a Loaded Gun

( Enjoy! Btw I've been getting comments lately saying a lot of cliffhangers are present in my chapters, uh..... I'm really sorry about that! I honestly have no idea what a cliffhanger is unless someone else writes it in a story XD. Literally, I won't notice a cliffhanger in MY OWN stories unless someone points it out to me, XPPPPP! So just a warning, these next few chapters till the end will MAYBE be cliffhangers. I don't really know, depends on how I write it XP.

-Koma)

"Rayne- let's talk about this! You don't have to-" I tried to say, but he silenced me with a soft 'shh.' He then tightened his grip so I was pressed against his chest more, blush rising on my cheeks as I tried to squirm away.

"I-I know... I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm so so sorry for back then. I never meant to hurt you that badly, I didn't want to abuse you... please. Please give me another chance... Please just let me prove to you that I've changed! I just-" he kept apologizing and begging, but I knew the real him. He hurt me, he turned me into a monster, he tried to kill me, so many things I couldn't ever forget. Things that traumatized me so much in the past that I wouldn't ever be able to look at Rayne the same way ever again.

"Rayne... I want to go back... please, please bring me back to Damien..." I whimpered as he stopped moving completely. I didn't mean he just paused, I meant he was completely frozen, stiff in place. He stared into space for a moment before surprisingly, he put me onto my feet.

"So he IS the problem..." he mumbled, my eyes widening as I watched his eyes darken almost to black, no colour barely left. I didn't recognize this Rayne, he looked so empty and cold now, almost the same look he had when he hurt me. Beat me, punched me, kicked me...

"Don't worry, love, I'll get rid of the problem! Then you'll see how much I love you! Then you'll forgive me, right??" He asked, a smile creeping up onto his face, making shivers run down my spine. He didn't look completely sane anymore, he looked like his mind was cracking, as if he was turning insane somehow.

I backed away, but he only turned around and ran. It only took a moment of thought. I could escape if I ran right now... but he's going back. Back to Damien. He'll kill him, he won't stop until he's dead...

And just like that, I ran after him.

___________________________

When I was finally able to squeeze through the endless amounts of vampires, and avoid accidentally being shot by Adam- I was by the door, panting for breath. I carefully slid inside, surprised the door wasn't locked. Though I did lock it and secure it behind me so that no other vampires could get inside. I then went looking for Rayne.

I smelled Damien almost instantly, it meant either he was close by, or he had hurt himself and was drawing blood. I started panicking, if I could smell him so easily, that meant Rayne could smell him as well. I had to hurry and find him! I wouldn't let him die!

I ran trough the halls, checking every door on the way. Where was he?? I had to find him before- I stood at the end of the long hallway, standing in front of Damien who was trying to get Azee of of him, while Hades grabbed onto Damien's arm and tried to pull him towards himself.

Even at a time like this, they're still fighting. I ran up, ripping Azee off of Damien, making Hades take a double-take back at his twin before trying to throw a swing at me. I dodged it and swung my leg up, hitting him in-between the legs with a painful cry escaping his lips.

I dragged Damien away, his eyes wide and shocked that I came here. I panted heavily, hoping they wouldn't be able to catch up with us. They wouldn't, right? They'd just fight with each other for another 10 minutes! Just like they always do! I'm safe, we're safe!

At least that's what I wanted to believe.

"Cadell watch out-!" Damien's surprised cry struck me in the chest when I crashed into something hard and rough, like a wall. My grip slipped from Damien's hand as I hit into the object hard, my eyes closed in fear for what it was. Damien, what are you-

I opened my eyes, but only for half a second before I was flung into the wall, my head hitting against it hard. I swear I could've heard a crack sound. Daring to open my eyes, I felt something sticky on my hands, something warm and wet was on my face, it was coppery, and it tasted like... Damien's blood.

I looked down at my hands- red. Red was everywhere, all coated on my as if someone were to throw a paint bucket at my clothes. I shivered as it dripped to the floor, a very faint thick liquid sound touching the tiny pool of red on the floor. I glanced up, tears clouding my eyes so I could barely see anymore.

There was Damien, on the floor, bleeding out of his side. I felt my body begin to get heavy, as if paralyzed by fear. I ignored Rayne as he watched me from the wall, eyes darker than ever. I forced my body to move, crawling on all fours towards his body as I scooped up his upper half, supporting him.

His eyes were closed tightly in pain, his body giving off a light tremble. Poor baby, my poor poor baby...

"Cadell... Its time to go." Rayne said. I ignored him, now seeing the twins on either side of him, arms crossed behind their backs as they stared down at their feet. They were... frowning, surprisingly. I cried and choked on my sobs, hugging Damien's dying body.

"C...Cad...ell..." Damien's rough and dry voice spoke, tears finding their way into his eyes as he forced them open. I didn't look at him, I couldn't force myself to bear the burden of watching him die. "Please... make it stop... hurts..."

Poor baby, my poor poor baby...

"I can fix you, I'll fix you. I'll make it better, I can help with the pain. But the only pain you'll feel afterwards is heartache... But we can suffer together, right? I'm sorry for breaking our promise.... I... love you, Damien."

And with one quick move, before Rayne's hand were to touch my arm and drag me away-

I sunk my teeth into his neck.